Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-19-2005, 09:50 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Font and Skill Issues With Fetish Pieces

As noted previously in this thread...

some of the foundation files included with various pieces are out of date. Download a copy of FetishClassic and install the following files from that ZIP:
_FetishStyles.xml
Font_Euro_Arial14T.xml
Font_Japan_Arial14T.xml
FontArial14.xml
FontArial14T.xml

Copy the default eq2ui.xml into your custom UI directory.
Open it in Notepad and insert the following line berfor the first existing include:

<include>_FetishStyles.xml</include>

Should resolve font and skill window display issues.

Note: Font sizes were tuned for the "Smooth Fonts" setting. Unsmoothed setting may produce poor text display.
Unread 07-19-2005, 10:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

By 'default fonts', i mean the default, plain, fonts that were used in EQ2 before the new "smooth" fonts and all. Is it possible to get these back?

I tried the ones mentioned in your above post and they arent the old default fonts..

*EDIT* I got all the fonts back to the original default except the font under "Seller Name & Location"

Is it possible to edit the font sizes? The font size in the examine window is a little small.

Last edited by elwood : 07-19-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Unread 07-20-2005, 04:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is it just me or does FetishExchange not work with LU12, IE: game crashes on loading?
Unread 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Kithicor

Only problem I am having with anything in the Fetish Nightfall with Revert classic skin overlayed, is that my Target box and Implied Target box are really small now and I cant make em bigger.

M
Unread 07-20-2005, 08:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood
Is it just me or does FetishExchange not work with LU12, IE: game crashes on loading?
I am having the same problem with Fetish Exchange...

How dare SoE screw up Fetish's mod! That is barely one step short of treason!
Unread 07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default Fetish Targets and Implied Targets Sizing

Since LU12, the target and implied target windows shrink to their minimum width each time I log into the game (after camping, whatever). They stayed perfectly stretched before LU12. Did something change that made this happen?

I'll likely try to mod the files to set a minimum size equal to my preferred size, but I thought I would mention it here. I'm using Fetish Target, Implied Target, Player (stretched out, and stays stretched with LU12) and Group.

They are wonderful, hopefully the strange size problem will be fixed.

Thanks!
Unread 07-22-2005, 09:23 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

RE FetishExchange MAKE THESE CHANGES.

Target window resizing is a bug introduced by SOE in LU12. I hope to have a version out soon with a wider default size, but there appears to be no way around this bug without also disabeling the auto-hide/show functionality.
Unread 07-23-2005, 04:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Am I doing something wrong here? I have another UI installed, it's not terribly complicated. OCD if you must know. Anyway, I try to put in this better inventory thing, but it looks awful, a nasty yellow background, and other bizzare colors.

Added the include for _FetishStyles.xml in my eq2ui.xml. Then I tried letting it replace anything it wants to replace. Nothing helped. Any idea what to do, other than just don't use Fetish components?
Unread 07-23-2005, 08:53 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Cheetah, sounds like the images aren't making it into your custom ui/images directory. Also make sure you grab the fonts from the FetishClassic download as indicated in my previous post.
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:18 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Targets V2.5

OK, so maybe I'm the only person in the world still using V2.5 of your target window... but I thoroughly enjoy it. Anyways, I've noticed the HP %ages don't change color like normal... at 49% it becomes a dark green, and then at 24% it becomes a black blob of unreadableness... I noticed the power % just stays bright green the entire time. First off, I was wondering if there's any way to fix the problem; and secondly I was hoping you might enlighten me on a way to introduce yellow, orange, and red into the mix. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've noticed several target windows tend to resort to the "black blob of unreadableness"...maybe it was posted somewhere why this is, and I just missed it?

Last edited by Anakreon : 07-26-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Unread 08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is anyone else crashing with fetishexchange even after updating the files with the ones specifed from fetishclassic? Or is it just me? :>
Unread 08-13-2005, 09:13 AM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Targets 2.5

Hey Zonx been a while since i had to turn to ya for something hehe umm just wanted to say i love 2.5 have no real wish to change from it but i have knowticed SoE kinda broke something a couple patches ago which prevent my 2 target windows to stay at my set resized size every time i relog they go back to maxed width... donno if u can easily fix this issue or even want to... hehe umm if its something super simple and can explain how i'd gladly try and mod it myself to fix the problem :c)

thx again,
Geniva of Antonia Bayle (lvl48 Assassin 2nd in Command of Shattered Destiny)
Unread 08-13-2005, 04:54 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

The target window resize bug can't be fixed without also disabeling the auto-hide feature. Also I'm not really supporting the old target windows. You might wanna try TargetsTurbo.
Unread 08-14-2005, 09:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 1

First of.. This is a masterpiece....

I use 99 % of your ui ( use mooks chatwindows for the 4 way function - Individual hide all. hide chat bar- hid scroll - show all ) And I have never before found a single compleate ui i fell in love with like i did yours on the first attempt to get it set up (eq, eq2, ect.. ) I always have been a Mix and Matcher.. you have shown me the light.. OK all the buttering up out of the way.

Is ther any way to add the functionalitly of 2 items that ProfitUI has intreduced. The 2 items I am looking forward to trying are the Character/Usagealarm - For the mana stone alert.
http://www.magneticgauge.com/Antony/.../manastone.jpg

And add your own effect icons to the player window like ther group window has. ( Trauna , Arcane , Naxiuos, Elemental )

I know the later of the 2 had been asked for before, but at the time SOE didn't send the data that was needed, so it was out of the question.

PS... Hopefully SOE will stop making patches that break Awesome UI's
Unread 08-14-2005, 12:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Default Tradeskills Buff Buttons

I like the look of the Trade skill window UI. Thanks for all your hard work. I especially downloaded your version 4.4 because I wanted the buff buttons to automatically show up at the bottom of the create window. No separate hotbar needed. My problem is I don't see the buff buttons at the bottom of the create window unless i click on the ones I have in a seperate hotbar (screenshot included). Is there code that i need to check/modify? Read thru all of the posts and can't seem to find anything specific on this problem.
I use several different pieces from this site and all work great. Thanks for the help in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tradeskill 1.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	3398  Click image for larger version

Name:	Tradeskill 2.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	3399  
Unread 08-15-2005, 05:21 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Nehel, I've been considering adding a custom window for slot activation buttons and possibly some timer related stuff. Not sure when I'll get to it, but will probably do it eventually.

I'll also look into the custom player icons you mentioned.

Varder, the bar embeded into the TS window is a copy of the Maintained window. It is not another hotkey bar. The point being to give you visibility of buff refresh times close to the event messages.
Unread 08-16-2005, 06:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Varder the bar embeded into the TS window is a copy of the Maintained window. It is not another hotkey bar. The point being to give you visibility of buff refresh times close to the event messages.
Can you incorporate anything like what Sir Taleisin the Seer is doing with the automatic buff button display in the create window.
(see "XUI-NIX Tradeskill" under the Misc section of the Interface Pieces)
This was the download I was using before I converted over to yours. I kinda got use to having the buff buttons right there.
Still a GREAT Mod, Thanks
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Varder, its highly unlikely I will embed buff buttons directly into the TS window.

I'd have to include every possible button in the window for each profession and the out of class buffs. Something like 50 buttons with scripts would bloat the UI.

These buttons would not show refresh timers and could not be rearanged easily.

Its just a whole lot cleaner to use a hotbar for just the buffs you want.
Unread 08-18-2005, 10:26 PM
A Grove Wisp

Question any way to reassign the key for the Cancel/Recipes buttons?

hi, Zonx. big fan of your Fetish Tradeskills mod. running 4.4 right now, loving it as always. i've tried many, and your mod is the best for me!

i love mouseless crafting, and it's completely turned around the task of making food and drink for me, as customers usually expect me to make a full stack of whatever they're buying. so it's 20 of each subcombine, repeat, repeat, repeat!

i've got the controls set up so that the text input on the numpad is turned off and i'm using the numpad keys for my primary hotbar (my tradeskill hotbar). it's handy as hell to be able to use just one hand with all the buttons right next to each other. there's only one exception: the Esc key, used for Cancel and Recipes. is there anyway for me to get the game to accept the + key, for example, to serve in place of the Esc key?

i ask this because i don't need pristine on many combines, and i'd still like to have all the keys right next to each other on the keyboard so i can hit Cancel for those crude combines as easily as i do anything else.
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:35 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Not possitive, but I think there's a setting for the "Cancel" button under Game Options )> Window Keys or something like that.

If its not there, we're stuck with ESC. No way from a UI mod to change key settings or assign any other keys
Unread 08-20-2005, 11:23 AM
A Grove Wisp

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Not possitive, but I think there's a setting for the "Cancel" button under Game Options )> Window Keys or something like that.

If its not there, we're stuck with ESC. No way from a UI mod to change key settings or assign any other keys
nope, it's not there. the only function i have Esc assigned to is Deselect under the Targetting Keys options. when i fiddled around with changing it, it said that the only other action it was linked to was CANCEL_MOVEABLE_OBJ_PLACEMENT. there just doesn't seem to be a way to bind the Cancel key to any specific button other than Esc.

phooey!
Unread 08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation Html Crash!

ok i downloaded the quest journal with html mod and i thought it was brilliant...however the html browser is very laggy and caused a crash after trying to play with it for a while..i am not sure as to the lag becau se i have a 6meg connection im running eq2 in 1024x768 and have the dragon knowledge book and eq2map as well as milquotowst guild window...im kinda new to UI modding and havent really tried making my own mods yet so the only thing i really know how to do is copy paste code and not make any of my own...everything else seems to be working perfectly including the actual quest journal itself...just cant seem to make the html window functional....
Unread 08-22-2005, 04:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Down

nevermind...i found the help post on the html browser...may i suggest edditting the post and including the disclaimer in the original file info? its a bit misleading and i probably would not have downloaded it given the limitations.
Unread 08-22-2005, 06:04 PM
A Grove Wisp

Talking eurika!

found a workaround that gave me exactly what i wanted. i made a macro for

/stopcreation

and stuck it in the = slot on my tradeskill hotbar, and then mapped that hotbar button to also activate under the numpad + key on the keyboard. viola!

Unread 09-13-2005, 05:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Currently doesnt work with the new update.
I believe its the hover over optoin that shows the contents of the bags causing the problem.

Please fix I LOVE THIS INVENTORY.