EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-18-2007, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Future of FetishClassic?

First and foremost, Thank you for everything. Your hard work and effort are very much appreciated.

I've been using FC as a base UI for the past 10 months. Love it to death. As Game Updates are released I've been replacing windows here and there for those in the latest FNF release. Works like a charm.

The only issue that seems to stem from this type of "upgrading" is the visual aspect of the window Title being in Blue instead of Yellow. I've been manually fixing this for each individual window as they are swapped out but I was wondering if there might be another way?

Since all of the other aspects of the Classic look transfer over from Nightfall windows I was curious if there might be a way to have the Title text color transfer over as well?

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: One other thing while I'm here...would you happen to know if it's possible and if so what the code change would be in order to Hide the 2 buttons on the group window except on Mouseover?

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 08-18-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Unread 08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Unfortunetly this is exactly the reason I haven't been able to keep Classic up to date. I have asked SOE to implement global defined colors (ColorStyle) for a LONG time but it just hasn't happened. This means every color applied to every text element must be changed to support multiple color schemes.

Every once in a while (when I find the time) I'll do a batch find and replace to rip a new version of Classic but it doesn't happen as offten as I'd like.

RE the group window: the easiest method would be to add the following to each button object
Code:
 FrameControl="True"
This makes the button use the window settings for the frame.

The other method is to use an OnHoverin and OnHoverout script to set each buttons visibility.
Unread 08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the response and the info. I'll try out that code for the group window as suggested.

FWIW: I can honestly say that the Window Titles are the only text that I've found to differ between Nightfall and Classic. Otherwise, using up-to-date Nightfall windows with my Classic installation has worked like a charm. It works so well that I wouldn't even suggest an up-to-date Classic except for those that didn't know that they could use the Nightfall updates instead.

Anyways, it wasn't something that actually bothers me as I hardly ever even notice it and when I do it's not something that concerns me in the least. This is from a mix-n-match UI with pieces of the Default, Classic & Nightfall (Soft Yellow, Bold Yellow and Soft Blue text). I just thought that there might be an easier way than editing each file individually so I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask.

Just in case it might help any I'll /feedback about this the next time I'm in-game and I'll get my acquaintances to follow suit.

Thanks again for everything.
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:57 PM
A Griffon

FWIW: I sent feedback on the global text color issue (x3)

The group change you mentioned worked like a charm. Thank you kindly.
Unread 09-17-2007, 03:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

After quite some time, I yesterday came back to EQ2, only to find my favourite UI hasn't been updated in about 9 month.

Zonx, could you do a little write-up as to which colours need to be changed to turn the Nightfall version into the Classic version? A list like this:

Nightfall Classic

FF0000 FE00FF
A3FBC2 BE0033
ABCDEF ABCDEF

ect.?

That way, I (and all other interested people) could do the batch replace ourselves. Provided the colour change is the only difference...