EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 02-05-2007, 12:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default More Hotbar Problems That Need To Be Addressed

I cannot drag anything off my hotbars and if I manage to right click and click on hotbar settings in hopes of setting the hotbar to allow the dragging of hotkeys, the box that should come up, comes up with a freakin box with no backround or context in it, just black and white.... Any Ideas??? Why does sony always think they are doing us favors???

Last edited by Daemonic : 02-05-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 02-05-2007, 12:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Known issue. Try the following:

Add the following line to the eq2ui_popup.xml file:

Code:
<include>eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml</include>
BTW, the addition of the hotkey options window was a positive change without a doubt.
Unread 02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe
BTW, the addition of the hotkey options window was a positive change without a doubt.
Eh. I'm on the fence there... it's nice but I actually liked more of the stuff on the context menu. And don't get me started on the recent context-menu change... heh.
Unread 02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Oh, I agree about all that. I was mainly happy to see the addition of the individual text options and icon padding sizer.

What would be nice is if they allowed us to decide for ourselves what options to include on the context menu and to make it easier to get the damn thing up in the first place. At least their trying to improve it. They just need to keep working at it.

The dilemma comes from the option of either waiting til somethings complete to push it live or to push what they have and continue to make changes based off of feedback. I prefer the later but they just need to make sure that they keep working at improving it.
Unread 02-05-2007, 07:45 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

What gets me is i have had to go back to a default hotbar.
This is due to it seemd you have to click on the border or dead space of the hotbar to get the menu to come up. Where as i was using a hotbar that had no dead space and pencil thin frames.
Now i have to deal with 1/8 dead space around my bars just so i have some place to click to bring up the bar options.
very annoying why fix something that was not broke? Was there really that many players complaing about having the full menu pop up when right clicking a icon?
Unread 02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteWolfe
What gets me is i have had to go back to a default hotbar.
This is due to it seemd you have to click on the border or dead space of the hotbar to get the menu to come up. Where as i was using a hotbar that had no dead space and pencil thin frames.
Now i have to deal with 1/8 dead space around my bars just so i have some place to click to bring up the bar options.
very annoying why fix something that was not broke? Was there really that many players complaing about having the full menu pop up when right clicking a icon?
you can say that again. I have chosen to keep the Fetish hotbar but when i need to change something as for to set primary secondary quick buttons (dont know what the correct term is) 1,2,3 etc.. or ALT1, ALT2, ALT3 etc... I have to go to options unlock all windows then click the border which sucks. but that way i dont have to use the default.
Unread 02-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Beta 1
Default that line already exists on my code

And I still cannot get the hot key options to work since last patch. I cannot even open up a new hotkey bar.
Unread 02-11-2007, 05:59 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FYI, SOE intentionally removed the right-click menu from hotbar buttons. I encourage everyone to /feedback the following...

Quote:
Please change the hotbar right-click menu behavior.

The inability to access the hotbar options window by right-clicking hotbar buttons is extreamely inconvenient. The ability to delete buttons via right-click has also been lost. If possible, please also add the hide/show spinner option to the menu.