EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-06-2006, 10:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up AutoUpdater Request

Zonx,

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on an AWESOME UI. This UI has amplified my playing ability greatly and much of that is due to your hard work.

The feature I'd like to see most is an autoupdater, similar to eq2map(or possibly that fulfills that function too). Some of the other UIs have this and it allows patches to be pushed out much faster, thusly reducing spam levels on the forum - ie the whole issue with EoF upon release could have been made a MOTD for the updater.

Once again, thank you so much for your hard work.

Isaph
Butcherblock - 70 Swashbuckler
Unread 12-07-2006, 02:37 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

If you know a programmer willing and able to build one to my spec, please have them contact me. I've been looking for one for a long time.

I do have one lead but haven't had time to look into it fully.

Keep in mind my stuff is relatively bug free to begin with and very resistant to breakage. During the 2 yrs Nightfall has been out, I've only had to issue 15 releases (compared to SOE's 29). I'm guessing that's also well below the number of updates from most major sets.

Between patches uploaded by other users and my official releases, SOE changes are generally resolved within 24hrs. EOF was a bit of an annomally since several key windows were radically changed. In comparison, when SOE reskinned the default UI, my set was unaffected.

There are also disadvantages to auto-updaters, most notably they usually step all over any customizations you make to the base set.

At any rate, I know many of my users want this option so I'll be happy to work with a programmer to get it done if one volunteers
Unread 12-26-2006, 06:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Does fetish auto update?
I installed fetish and eq2 maps and then evercraft, but can not use evercraft. When inquiring about the problem the reply is to disable the auto updater...how do i do this?

Also I can not resize my hotbars I have a black and white window....How do I fix this?

Other then that I love the UI its awesome.
Thank You
Unread 12-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Fetish does not have an auto-updater. Everything is manual.

Your problem must lie elsewhere. Make sure you're installing evercraft into the fetish directory and overwriting any files as necessary.
Unread 12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

For the record, I do not support nor condone the use of any form of auto-crafting mods or 3rd-party apps that could be used for unattended skill gains.

Be aware, the EQ2Interface forumns in general, and the Fetish forum in particular are read by SOE employees. Posting that you use a mod/app that violates the EULA could get your account baned.
Unread 12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

<-- didn't know that that was a botting tool

I agree. Don't use any automation -- you place your account at risk, which can be permanently banned at SOE's meerset whim.

Plus it's lame. If you can't spare the time to work up crafting, especially considering how easy they've made it now, then maybe you should reconsider crafting.