EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default can't enter game, continuous reloading UI

I have nightfall fetish and eq2map on my home computer and so now I've bought a laptop and am trying to get that stuff on the laptop also. I've installed everything (so I think) the same way.

The problem is that the game loads normally, nf fetish ui screens show up on the loading times, and just as the time comes when otherwise I'd enter the game and start to play THEN the whole thing starts over, this time with the default UI that the game came with. When this loads up and it's time to enter the game, it does the same thing. Starts over and reloads everything with the default.

The result is that I can't enter the game but endlessly load up. The first time with nightfall fetish, every time after that with default ui. Can anyone give me a hint as to what's going on here? Thanks!
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:09 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unrest

my first guess would be something to do with your refresh rate settings in game, but I am not entirely convinced this is it. However, just as the game is starting up, try dropping to windowed mode with ALT-ENTER and see if you can bet into game that way. If that doesn't work then I might try deleting the EQ2.ini and EQdefault.ini in your Everquest2 directory and let the game re-download them. After that I am a loss, hope someone can help.
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Default didn't work...sigh

thanks for your reply. I tried your advice and as you suspected it must be something else. When I deleted both ini files the game started up with the default ui. I put the nightfall ini back in. The game started with nightfall ui but again just as it said "entering the game as Ucac", the whole thing started over, this time with the default ui, which abhor. I tried it in windowed mode to no avail.

I really can't figure this out, I've never had a problem before. The only thing different is that at home I have Windows XP while on the laptop I have Vista. Can't see how that'd effect the UI situation of this game, though.

anyone have any other ideas? I can't figure it out...
Unread 10-26-2008, 03:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

I have seen this before when I tried to setup the game on my laptop.

I would start by specifying the Default UI in your EQ2.ini file so that it can properly create the server_toonname_eq2_uisettings.ini using the Default UI.

But before you run the launch pad, run EQ2Settings.EXE to setup your environment (i.e. resolution, sound, etc.)

Run launchpad and if everything loads ok, edit eq2.ini to load Fetish.

Once that is all fine, you can then do a /load_uisettings to get your HUD setup the way it is on your home pc from a toon file you have setup the way you like it.

A couple other things to note.

Erase the \cache and \logincache-us directories before using launchpad to clear out any stuff that got created during the corruptions you experienced.
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
A Brown Bear

I followed your instructions. A question though. Changing the .ini file after I'm in the game to load nightfall fetish isn't intended to change the ui from default to nightfall in-game, right? So after changing the .ini I should restart the game?

I was able to get into the game using the default ui. I've changed the ui now to load nightfall. I've cleared the two cache folders. I've done the load_uisettings thing but that didn't change anything. Am I supposed to reboot the game or should that happen automatically?
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Default success!

well I went ahead and rebooted the game.

Everything now looks like it should using nightfall.

thanks a million! Not sure which part fixed it, but it works now. I'm never shutting the game down again lol
Unread 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Its possible that the customizations I've made to the loading screens somehow cause problems for a first time ever launch on a Vista machine. The very first time you launch the game it tosses up a couple screens (you never see again) used to configure some local settings.

Its probably best to do a first time launch with no custom UI, then install the custom UI after all the default settings are established.