EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-12-2007, 05:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Help with installing pieces of UIs

The FAQs covers how to install complete UIs, but how do I install parts? I have a quest mod I'd like to use, and I don't know where to unzip it to. I tried Default, and the overall UI directory and no dice.
Unread 05-12-2007, 09:46 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Default UI Pieces

You need to place a file called eq2.ini into your EverQuest II folder. This file must contain the following;

Cl_ui_skinname MAPS
Cl_ui-subdir UI/

The eq2.ini can be done in Notepad or whatever text editor you like. Save it as eq2.txt, then rename it to eq2.ini. You will get a warning message, just say yes, you really want to rename it.

Replace <MAPS> with the name of the folder your mods will be in. Make a new folder with whatever name you want in the UI folder. In mine (MAPS), I have a folder called UI Zips, where I save all the zips I download. I extract the zips to this folder, open the unzipped folder and copy the files it contains. These get pasted into <MAPS>, or whatever you named YOUR folder. Remember, some mods require more then the .xlm stuff. Example, Infocenter also has a folder that must be placed there. Read the readme or other install instructions.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Aumamyen on Everfrost server
Unread 05-13-2007, 12:18 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

If you already have any working UI mods like the eq2map you already have a custom UI folder. If not, you can follow the directions in the FAQ:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item
Unread 05-19-2007, 10:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

im gonna use this threads as well since I got a question about single ui pieces as well..

so currently I got profitUI for all my char, now how do I install the default group member bar for a _certain_ char?
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysen View Post
im gonna use this threads as well since I got a question about single ui pieces as well..

so currently I got profitUI for all my char, now how do I install the default group member bar for a _certain_ char?
In short you can not do this.

If you don't' mind a little work every time you can do the following..

Best you can do is make a second copy of your profitUI directory. Install the ui piece you want into that directory. Load up that char do /loadui from with in the game. Move your windows around where you want them. Then do /save_uisettings <filename(any thing you want)>.

Once all that is done, ever time you want to use this setup you will have to /loadui pick it from the list, then /load_uisettings <filename> and your ready to go
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there a way to ACTIVATE a new UI? I tried what it said in FAQ but it still wont find the bar i want replaced which is the buff window