EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 09-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Default Draco'Kyn UI w/ T. King Art (based on Fenix UI)

I am no longer supporting this version of the UI, we're officially out of beta, please visit the version 1.00 support thread if you have questions!!

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 11-12-2005 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Temporary Fix for LU 14
Unread 09-24-2005, 05:19 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

the only thing i dont like is the font size. if you could make it the same size it was in the Fenix UI everything would be GREAT
Unread 09-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Quote:
the only thing i dont like is the font size. if you could make it the same size it was in the Fenix UI everything would be GREAT
For the chat windows, or some other item? For the chat windows, right click any of them, select "chat options". On the bottom, there's a slider for Font Size, just move it up and down, or manually type in a number to make the chat font bigger / smaller.
Unread 09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

You're so the God for updating this UI! Thanks for the hard work and the time involved to do this.

One question I have had both for Thor (when he was working on Fenix) and now for you:

In the group window, would it be possible to enlarge the window a little and have percentages added to each members health and mana?

I know it seems silly, but somehow, my mind works better on percentages then guesstimating the amounts. Also, with a few new group spells added, some of them respond better at certain percentages of health or mana. Thanks a ton!!!
Unread 09-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Intriguing idea - perhaps getting rid of the power gage, and enlarging the health gage to the same size as on the Player Info window, and putting the percentages on top... something like:

Health % / Power %

And color-code the percents to make them readable at a glance. Until I can work up something like that, "mousing over" will give a tooltip with the exact percentage and numbers - I use that feature on my 2-box wizzies while he's on Auto-Follow.

I'll see what I can whip up, rawr (no promises on speed though - might turn out to be trickier than I think)
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:26 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Fantastic!! Take however much time you need! This UI and it's users aren't going ANYWHERE!
Unread 09-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Just a quick note - I'll be away until around October 4th or 5th, getting laser eye surgery. Please, continue to post comments / idea's, and I'll be sure to review them as soon as I'm able to read again (or I'll make my wife read them to me, lol).

Again, thanks for all your support!!

Wulfgyr Draco'Kyn
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:21 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Wulf... I also recall a mod somewhere that would allow you to view your chat bar while zoneing. On the next release could you sneak that one in? I can't seem to locate it now, but it was helpful. /bows deeply
Unread 10-02-2005, 06:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Call me stupid, but how exactly do I flip back and forth on chat tabs on this interface?
Unread 10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Ouch - apologies to everyone using the UI, I did not anticipate being out of contact for this long. Unfortunately, I suffered a minor complication (corneal abrasion of the right eye) after my eye surgery, and still haven't completely recovered (vision's around 20/25 - 20/30 in both eyes atm, and fairly blurry when trying to focus on text / printed pages).

Scribble - aye, that mod rings a bell in my head as well, I'll see what I can find.

Lohill - good question about the windows - I integrated the celtic window from another mod, and since I usually don't use tabbed windows, I'll have to play around with it a bit, and get you an answer, or a patch to make it easier to use that feature.

In addition, this is the first day I've had all the bandages off, and I notice that Live Update #14 has gone live. Obviously, I have no idea how this affects the UI, (I'm actually patching both computers now as I write this), and I'll be examining this closely as well.

Hopefully, the next release will incorporate many of the requests mentioned here, or at the least, seperate mod packages for those requests. I'm also planning on the next release taking the UI out of beta (which means new splash screens for those like me that like new art every now and then).

Finally, thanks once again for everyone's support, and I hope to be fully back in the saddle by the middle of next week, Rawr!!

Wulfy
Unread 10-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Oriseusdirge said:
Quote:
When I go into my inn room and open up my house vault, the window opens up without the ability to resize it, and i can only see 1 of the boxes in there. Any assistance would be appreciated...
Note: Copied from the download thread for my reference, in accordance with the EQ2Interface.com guidelines

Oriseus - what resolution are you running in? I don't recall ever being able to resize the house vault window, and I've got my vault open atm, looking at both slots (I'm a tradeskill addict too, and use my vault a ton to sell stuff off). Also, are you using any other UI mods, such as a bank or bag mod?

Thanks,

Wulfy
Unread 10-07-2005, 06:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Problems and solutions

I was having issues with non-tabbing chat as well. Also notice a peculiar problem with bags when you open them. Sometime it would only should you 2 slots of a 4 or more slot bag. I chalked it up to bugs and replaced both pieces with the following:

depechenodesadvanced3_4bag.zip which is a nice minimalistic bag mod

tabbed_chat_no_scroll.zip which is a simple tabbed non scrolling chat window

Both were found of this site obviously.
Unread 10-09-2005, 01:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default full release?

when are you gonna make a full release? or are we still findin a lot of bugs? lol if thats the case then aight lol. oh can i make a suggestion? can you put the clock back in? like the nice visual one that Fenix had? i miss it and i dont want to mismatch these 2 UI's lol
Unread 10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Major problem with today's patch 10/13...

I'm in the game for like 30 seconds, I notice my player window has no percentages and then my EQ2 Client Crashes to desktop. I know it's a UI problem as I switched out the UI for an older one I had (not LU14 compatible) and the problem was not present.
Unread 10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
A Forest Scavenger

no it isnt a UI problem, cause i have this UI and i dont have that problem
Unread 10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Interesting - I noticed a few graphical issues myself last nite in the 10 minutes I had to tradeskill between getting the kids to bed, and putting myself to bed (man, the wife's night school schedule is killing my free time). Most noticeable to me was some issues with the "highlight" bar in the guild members tab of the guild management window.

So... between LU14, and all the other reported issues and requests, I believe I'll do one more beta release. I didn't get nearly as much time to work on it this week as I would have liked. Fortunately (Unfortunately) I have a 24 hour staff duty shift tommorow nite, and I plan to spend a significant amount of that time hammering out UI issues.

In no particular order, here's what I've been working on:

* A complete re-code of the UI, rather than cutting and pasting in updates for LU14. -- No longer on my radar, I'm starting from scratch now, hehe.
* Making the chat windows "tab friendly" (Scribble - I still need to check into that mod to view the chat window while zoning - I think you could still see it, but it wouldn't "update" with new chat lines until you completed zoning) -- Completed, with 2 different style windows to choose from (tabbed or non-tabbed)
* Re-working the intro screens as EQ2 loads -- Completed (I'll let you discover what I threw in there with the next release)
* "Cleaning up" the UI style - I want to make all the windows match a little better. I like the new border styles they introduced with some of the new popups in LU14. -- Will not be out in the next beta release; I'm looking at switching all window borders for all windows to a T.King style border (not celtic, something more along the lines of his scrollwork)

So.... looks like I should have the next beta release packed and uploaded sometime tommorow midday / afternoon, EST, RAWR!!

Thanks all, Rawr!

edit: updated current progress

Wulfy

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 10-22-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Unread 10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default ninja patch 10/13/05

Hey Wulfster... any quick fix for today's ninja UI patch problems? Laff was having the same problems and someone posted something in the Help forum... just not to clear if that's what we need to do to fix our UI.
Unread 10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

strangely enough, aside from the guild window, I'm having no problems.

So, I started digging a bit deeper. It appears on some folks computers, SoE decided to delete a WHOLE bunch of image files, and didn't give any warning / mention of it in the patch notes.

I'll take a peek at both the intercept list, and if you can PM me a copy of your UI errors log (located in the eq2 directory, named ui.log), would help narrow it down faster.

Unfortunately, it's past me bed time, and the wifey is growling - I have that 24 hour duty tommorow nite, and I'm fairly certain access to the forums are blocked by the firewall filters on our work machines, so it may be Saturday at the earliest 'fore I can get a "hotfix" add (which would prolly just be zipping and uploading the files / folders they deleted. *sigh*). Unfortunately, I can only recommend using the default UI 'til then *shudder*.

(On a side note, now I know why my files are still ok... quite awhile ago, when they started having problems with the corrupted character profiles I modified the permissions on the EQ2 folder and all child objects, and removed the ability to delete any files, unless I was logged on as the administrator. )
Unread 10-13-2005, 09:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

LOL great, it only takes keeping SOE's hands out of the cookie jar to make sure things still work like they should.
Unread 10-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Default Temporary Work-Around

Posted a quick work-around at the top of the thread (bottom of the instructions, titled "Live Update 14 Temp Fix"
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:57 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Ok...

How are the improvements going? When can we expect the release? I was hoping we'd see that this weekend.
Unread 10-19-2005, 07:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

wonderfull mod i was wondering if there is any way to flip the group bar or personal bar. also i wanted the spell bubble that mached the set i downloaded one a found but i guess the name was the same as the image graphic for the personal bar and it messed them both up. i deleted the spell bubble and fixed my personal bar. can you add a spell bubble with that graphic.

Last edited by greggory : 10-19-2005 at 08:44 AM. Reason: missed a few points
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Improvements are going.... well, slowly. Saw the eye doc's again on Monday, and though I'm technically 20/20 in both eyes now, it's still a little blurry tryin' to read print / text after about 20 minutes. I also slacked off a bit after going back to work fully, and picking up a new class of students. However, I have been reviewing a few things, and have some idea's tucked away in the back of meh noggin, so I'm thinking this weekend will be when I really get knee deep into it. (Depending on how much time the wifey decides to spend shopping. *sigh*)

Now that LU 15 and the ninja patch today (the 20th), are there any new problems cropping up? I haven't had a chance to log on and do more than setup my merchant, though I darn sure don't like what the crafting window is looking like now.
Unread 10-21-2005, 12:06 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Not that I have seen...

I haven't seen anything majorly borked (or even minor borkage) yet. Good luck with a) your continued vision improvement b) the wifey's shopping c) the code
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Default Quick update -

Just a heads up - been workin' on it fer most of the day, in between chasing after the kids, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorry
wonderfull mod i was wondering if there is any way to flip the group bar or personal bar. also i wanted the spell bubble that mached the set i downloaded one a found but i guess the name was the same as the image graphic for the personal bar and it messed them both up. i deleted the spell bubble and fixed my personal bar. can you add a spell bubble with that graphic.
1) Flipping the group / player windows would be a pain, since it would involve not just coding, but modding the graphics files as well. As such, it won't be a priority for me.

2) Spell bubble, I can probably add that in as an optional piece with the install.

edit: Version 0.96, the final beta was uploaded last nite!! Soon as it's approved, it should be available, RAWR!!

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 10-24-2005 at 06:32 AM.