EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-17-2005, 02:20 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Question Quick Change Performance Profiles. 4 out of 8 so far.

4 out of 8 is better than I expected since I just started, but perhaps you guys can lend a hand?

Here is a mod that I created this evening.
I took Insomn's mute button as a sort of template and begain playing around with some of the render commands.

I've included a table of 'best guess'es" for the various parameters. I'm sure you guys can do a better job of this.

What I want, is a way to quickly switch between various Performance Parameters.

I really do not see why it wouldn't be possible to have a couple of buttons that were set up for your particular settings.

I am not very pleased with the options we get from the pre-defined profiles.

What I created tonight was a 4 button mod on the Start Button that allows you to double click on the button which will put you in
1 of 4 predefined preformance modes.
Seems to work fastest if you just double click on the buttons

Button 1 = Balanced
Button 2 = High Performance
Button 3 = very High Performance
Button 4 = Extreme Performance.

FYI:

r_performance=0 (Extreme Quality)
r_performance=1 (Very High Quality)
r_performance=2 (High Quality)
r_performance=3 (Balanced)
r_performance=4 (High Performance)
r_performance=5 (Very High Performance)
r_performance=6 (Extreme Performance)
r_performance=7 (Custom)

I was only able to get Balanced, High Performance, Very High Performance, and Extreme Perforamnce to work with this mod correctly.
Anything over Balanced, monkeys things up. I believe this is because of the 'check' message that you get, indicating you are going into an
extreme quality mode, and it might cause your system to run slow.

I've not found a commant that looks like I could by pass the check, and I don't get the screen.
It actually sends me a /tellchannel (Syntax) message in my chat window when I try to use those.

So there are quiet a few things we do have control over with the display settings.
I am sure I will toy with this some more in the future.

Feedback is always appreciated.
The DisplaySettings table is totally untested stuff, simply trying to pair up the commaned with the settings in the UI. I plan to try and eventually get a complete table wtih the correct arguments that the commands are looking for. I just posted it up here, incase anyone had some idea on ones I've not been able to nail down yet.
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

hmmm... If i switch to super crappy graphics, can i switch back to custom? will it save it?

Try it myself? I'm gonna wuss out and not risk wiping my settings

Unread 02-17-2005, 09:24 AM
A Griffon

Default Yes, multiple custom profiles are the goal.

The 'custom' setttings get saved in the .recent.ini

So when you switch to one of the pre-defined profiles it overrights the information in the 'recent.ini' file, so you can't go back.

I'm going to continue working no this and find a way to use multiple custom profiles, or at the very least, come up with some user defined settings that I like better. I'm always having to adjust one up, or the other down. The only way I can get that 'sweet spot' is to do a custom settings, but if you get into a dungeo and need to tweak for performance, than you lose the settings.

As far as you 'custom' settings, those are saved in the .recent.ini file.
So if you back that up into another directory, or make it read only you should be ok.
What I'm thinking of doing is manually changing the .default.ini file to my favorite settings. that way I can switch to super FPS crapy graphics for raids, and then when i'm done, hit the 'DEFAULT' key and it will load my settings.

These are all the commnads in the recent.ini file. As you can see they are mostly related to the display properties.
I am not familiar with XML at all, and just figured this mod out in about 10 hours and started not knowing anything at all. So I would expect someone else could come up with something much more elegant.

Perhaps a slider bar, for certain key settings, or even just a dropdown box instead of the 4 buttons. This was sorta a proff of concept thing.
I think we all want the same thing.
A way to save multiple 'custom' configurations, and be able to change those in game on the fly. GOD WONT THAT BE NICE.

I used this mod for a few hours last night to test it out. It works really well for me. I wish that I could have gotten the 'high quality' profile to work, but it's got that stupid message check that I can't figure out a way past.
Many times last night I switched the profiles in the middle of fights etc. to see if it caused any issues. As far as I can tell there were none.

I've included a check list that I made up yesterday for me to find what settings work for me best custom and that way I'll have them written down.
I suspect though what I will do is wind up with a few different versions of the .recent.ini files and use some sort of batch file to rename and copy the one I want before I get in the game.
Untill I get the 'default' idea working.

cl_version_recent 10
cl_username chemerical
cl_autoplay_world
epilepsy_warning_seen true
skip_tutorial false
cl_screenwidth_windowed 1326
cl_screenheight_windowed 1061
r_performance 3
last_selected_char_id 178286
r_performance 3
cl_screenwidth 1600
cl_screenheight 1200
cl_screenrefresh 60
cl_refresh_sync true
cl_triple_buffer true
o_max_farplane 650.000000
r_fast_layer_min_distance 25.000000
cl_letter_box_amount 0.000000
letterbox_frame_visible false
cl_textureshrink 1
cl_charactertextureshrink 1
r_bloom false
r_bloom_atmospheric false
r_drawocean_quality 3
r_reflections 0
r_particle_priority 2
r_particlesinreflections true
r_particlesinreflectionsinhouse false
r_light_priority 1
r_max_torches 3
r_max_lights 5
r_max_spec_lights 2
r_light_bump_max_distance 10.000000
r_min_dir_ambient_intensity 0.300000
r_shadows true
r_shadows_torch false
r_shadows_keep false
r_ec_max_lod1 25
r_min_anim_update_rate 0.100000
r_anim_update_start 0.030000
r_initial_point_weight 0.850000
r_particle_cloth false
r_flora true
r_flora_displacement true
r_gamma 1.595000
ics_saa 2
ics_autofwdwithmb true
sound_provider Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
speakers 2 speakers
music_volume 1.000000
combat_music_volume 75.000000
max_active_sounds 24
r_target_arrow true
r_target_arrow_alpha 0.480000
r_arrow_effect_scale 0.617500
r_target_mouse_over_glow 1.000000
r_implied_target_glow 1.000000
r_widget_mouse_over_glow 0.370000
r_character_mouse_over_glow 0.380000
Unread 02-17-2005, 12:51 PM
A Griffon

Things are looking VERY promising for having multiple buttons to switch between 'custom' settings for yourself.

Once I can confirm everything and get a working example I'll let you guys how I did it.

Insom, I would really love if you could send me your recent.ini file that has the
custom settings you prefer.

I can use that as a template and see if I can create a couple of 'custom' profiles that would work off buttons.

I'm like 99% sure it can be done now.

For now, I'll am pretty sure within a the next day or so, I'll have 7 small buttons for the Pre-Defined profiles in the game, that can be switched on the fly.
Unread 02-17-2005, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

This is an example of two defulat 'recent.ini' profiles.

Anything with a * on it changed from one profile to the next.

I used the Balanced, and Extreme Quality settings to capture these.

Most if not all of these should be able to be changed within the game with a push button. As I demonstrated in this MOD.

The 'custom' profiles that we wish to create will require just some additional code per button.

I'm sure it would be easier if someone can just come up with a slider for one of the 'BIG' FPS eaters.

Last edited by Kosmos : 02-17-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 12:55 PM
A Griffon

Oh, and I've alread fixed the issues with the buttons having to be clicked twice to work the first time.
Unread 02-17-2005, 03:02 PM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

just made it do command twice right?
________
DivaVirtual live

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:12 PM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

i just made my own little mod and only 3 worked for me. Extreme Performance, Very High Performance, and Extreme Quality.

all of the buttons has the command twice in the onpress...mebbe i should take it off some eh?
________
Vaporgenie Price

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 04:40 PM
A Griffon

Things are looking Extremely promising. I expect to have a function mod within a day or two that will have 7 on-screen buttons,
the buttons will change your performance profile with one click.
7 buttons one for each pre-defined profiles.

In addition, I plan to provide a guid for making those 7 buttons 100% custom.

If thinks work as I suspect they will, and I have no reason to think they will not at this point.

You should be able to have 7 custom defined performance settings.

How's that for nifty. The only thing limiting me is time, but I suspect I'll have everything ready within a few days.

For the EQ2 Graphics Tweakers, I will also be posting a chart of the commands to tweak just about every possible variable in the Display Options tab, as well as provide some commands that are not even listed there.
It will be in chart form with the UI Display Label, the Command, and the variable ranges. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with that already.
I just have to fill in a few bits of data and get the formatting right to post on the board.
Unread 02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Crushbone

WOW MY DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have problems in citys and some caves so need to turn off something to have a good speed , but others zones i can have flora ON and movement shadows and graphics models details and all maxed

wow and great idead add to EQII button =)

i will happy if u finish this =)
Unread 02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
A Griffon

Default Help?

Hi Guys,

Here is an update and a little call for help.
I've coded on and off before mostly just dilly dally type stuff.
I am a fast learner and can pick up things rathe quickly when I have good documentation, or even some good examples to look at.
I'm having a bit of problem getting up to speed with the does in these mods, for varios reasons.

Lack of documentation is a big one. I am having one hell of a problem finding any specific information on XML.
All the various guides and recoureces I have been able to find online are either two vauge, or two specific.
And I'm not even sure 'what' I'm looking for, since searching for XML is just about hopeless.
Another thing that is limiting me is the fact that I have no development tools.
I'ave tried a couple of XML editors, but always just default back to note pad.
I like notepad, don't get me wrong, but.. you start getting into bigger projects and it fails miserably because its' difficult to view
things as a whole, and formatting becomes a problem.

It's nice to have something to help you debug, and at the very least change the colors for data types etc..

So my question is mutli-part.
1. The coders that are doing the big projects and have been here since the beginning what software are you using?
The UIBuilder only seems useful for graphic editing, and a few simple tweaks here and there, and for viewing the over all tree stuctures of stuff.
There is a lot of guesss work involved for us all at this point untill we get some centralized documentation we have come up with from trial and error.

2. My Display Profiles code is working fucntionally 'mostly. I'll give a much more detailed description below.
The problem here is that I "KNOW' I'm doing it wrong and feel like there should be a much more efficient way to accomplish what I want.
For example, I'm suing Insoms mute-button addition to the start button as I started. His buttons as well as mine do not work the first time.
The only way I can get them to work on the first press is to put the command in twice, and I know that has to be wrong.
I'm sure this is a simple syntax proble, but after a day of trying, I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for.

3. If I have a command that works. For example r_performance=4 (Puts you in Blanced Mode) for graphics profile. Is there a way for me to find out the total tree structure or parent for this command. Is there even a parent?
The Options XMl Document has page types for all the various data types, such as float and integer and boolean if you check that XMl. It even has pages for the various color correction sliders. But I can't find anything
in this page for the other display options. But the commands clearly work, as I show in the example I've included below. Perhaps I must code the commands pointed to a specific parent to get them to work the first time?
90% of the work is done on this, finding the correct commands for each display property and the values that it's looking for took a bit of time, and I'm furstrated now that I have all that information but can't get
the mod finnishes.
I'm also thinking that the parents 'default' button sytle I'm using may be the problem, since I did find a default buttont type listed someplace else as cc-command from the button list. I'll put that information below.

4. Is this mod even needed? I seems like it would be a VERY useful mod for people, especially lower end systems that need to change the graphics settings often for different environments, but Alas...
I've gotten almost No response from my post, and that makes me think I'm waisting my time on a mod that is not needed. So feedback would be good.
And Yes, that is a hopeless plea for encouragement.

If you want to take a look here is all the information.

The mod will put 9 Additional buttons on your StartButton.
Two of these buttons are from Insom's Mute Button Mod. I've made a couple of adjustments for size, but mostly left them alone.

The other 7 buttons are mounted blow the start button and are number 1-7 from left to right. 1 Being Extreme Quality, 7 Being Extreme Performance
Each of these buttons has an OnPress event.
Buttons 4, 5, 6 & 7 work flawlessly. Switching the user from Balanced, High Performance, Very High Performance, and Extreme Performance.
If you attempt to use the OnPress event for the command r_perormance=5 or above. It will change many of the settings, but not all of them.
You will also get a message in your default chat window indicating a syntax error in a 'tell channel' command.

(Note) Any changes made to display properties in this way are functional in game, they occur immeditatly. Such as lighting resolution, but they do not 'save' to the eq2.recent.ini file untill you hit the 'accept' button
in the options panel, or camp. (I consider this a good thing), You can change between multiple profiles almost instantly with one click. It's REALLY nice.

At this time I have two things I want to accomplish.

1. I want all 7 buttons to work for the 'default' profiles. The main issue are the profiles above Balanced.
2. Be able to make these 7 buttons work as 7 'Custom' Defined profiles, but just changing the values in the XML document.

Here is what I have now.

I've tried a quiet a few things that have not worked, but I still have a few I have not tried, time and my patience has been the limiting factor. LOL
In the current example code I have provided I'm mainly working on Button 7. I have almost every option working.
The problem ones are not changing are
'shadows Quantity' r_shadow_priority (DropDownBox) Values 0-3
'Water Interaction" r_splashes (Dropdownbox) Values 0-3
'Ocean' r_drawocean_quality (DropDownBox) Values 0-3
'Reflections'r_relfections (DropDownBox) Values 0-1
'Reflections Inside House' r_reflectionsinsidehouse Values 0-1
(The present code has each command 'twice' this is to get the changes to work the first time. I REALLY, REALLY want to avoide this technique. I know it's not right, but it works.
Tonight I plan to strip this down to just single commands because it just makes you click the button twice, which is way easier than sorting through the multiple commands to make shanges.

I'm 90% sure this is going to be an issue with the order' in which a command is issued in relation to these others, since many of these are 'related'
There are many 'holes' in the Pre-Define cutom profiles, I need to correct a few thing on my chart, but most of the data values for those holes I've figured out with trial and error and simple logic.
Note: The Extreme Quality Settings, do not max out all the vlues, so they have built in even more scalability than what is provided in our UI settings.
I need to come up with logical manner in which the command are executed. For example setting the Shawdow Quantity may not work, unless shadows have already been enabled.
So all the problems my just be with the order of the commands.
Note: You will notice in this code I have not included the Settings for:
Graphics Resolution: r_frame_buffer_scale
Lighting Resolution: r_frame_buffer_scale
Both of these values are set to max on all of the pre-defined profiles, and I didn't see any reson why they should be scaled down. There are so many other values that can be changed for a quick boost in
FPS, these two I thought I would just leave them out.

So here are the links.
The eq2.startbutton.xml http://www.geocities.com/ziggy_bock_...tartbutton.xml

Table of Display Commands and thier argument values. http://www.geocities.com/ziggy_bock_...yCommands.html

Table of the 'pre-defined' profiles. These are what the eq2.recent.ini file looks like after changing the profiles.
(Many of the blank spaces I have since filled in after experimentation and logical progression of the various patterns)
http://www.geocities.com/ziggy_bock_...SideBySide.htm

Well I hope you guys can help me out.
Unread 02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Personaly I have been reading through your progress with interest, And know for one this would be somthing that I would use, as at times my game runs smooth and looks good then at others its very laggy this being down to a number of factors that we all know of.

So to be able to switch in and out like this would be very usefull !!

Whilst not being new to programing but new to editing this custom UI stuff and xml files there is not a lot of help I can offer offer you....

But somthing I did pick up on is this,

Quote:
I need to come up with logical manner in which the command are executed. For example setting the Shawdow Quantity may not work, unless shadows have already been enabled.
This applies to the high end settings that you are having trouble getting to work so yes I would say you need to enable "shadows" before setting a quality level for them...

I would say that you would need to go down the whole list in order and enable all of the relevant modes before setting the values.

The reason the lower end settings work I guess is because its just values and nothing needs to be enabled in order to set the value.

Beside you have got this far it would be a shame to not continue with it
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:42 PM
A Griffon

Another thought for what it is worth,

Quote:
Note: You will notice in this code I have not included the Settings for:
Maybe you will need to include "all" of the settings in the button code even if they are not being changed?

The reason I am thinking this is when you change just a few display settings using the options window in game it will still save / update all the other settings alough you have only changed a few...

So it rewrites the file containing this infomation rather than just editing the old one (maybe?)

That makes me think if you execute a command (via a button in this case) is it just changing the infomation in the file that the button code states,

Or

Is it re-writing the file and deleteing the existing settings (the ones that the button does not supply?)

Sorry I am not very good at explaning stuff for eg:

Say the "button 1" had the settings

r_rain_spec=true r_light_spec=true r_max_spec_lights=5

And say "button 2" had the settings

r_light_spec=true r_max_spec_lights=5

(note rain spec is missing)

So if you press "button 1" it sets those values ok

So now you press "button 2"

Will "r_light_spec=true" still be in the file?

or since "button 2" did not give a value for this varible will it now be deleted from the file?

And therefore causing an error due to missing infomation?

(I do know this is the case for a lot of things outside of UI's) If this is of some help then kool if its not then oh well lol , If nobody understands my rough explanation then sorry I dont think I can explaine it any better than that lol
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:03 PM
A Griffon

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

First thing to note, is the buttons do NOT update the eq2.recent.ini file.

If you use the sliders or checkbuttons yourself and 'do not' click the
accept button. The effect still takes place, BUT the eq2.recent.ini file is
not update. It's not updated unless you click accept.

I did try with the two mentioned sliders included in the code and had the working properly, and it didn't change anything.
I also did try moving the boolean commands to different places, to adjust the order, but I coudln't see any change. But that doesnt' mean that I didn't won't come down that.
I'm not entirely clear on the order in which the command is executed.
I have know some code in the past exectutes from right to left, or left to right depending on the formating etc.. There is also a comment I read in the forums here about the execution of the code order.
I doing some more research today and my try and do some code tonight.
Of course I might just play, since I've not played the last two nights due to working on this.
I know we will all get it figured out eventually.
Honestly I've gotten a heck of alot further than I thought I would!
I'm sure we can expect a few mods coming out for this type of thing soon.

Another thing I was just looking at is that the eq2ui.mainhud_startbutton_xml is a child of the eq2ui_mainhud_xml parent.
BUT!!
the eq2ui_options_xml is a child of the eq2_ui_xml parents.
the eq2ui_options_xml is the one that contains the settings that appear after you click the eq2ui_startbutton_xml

So this may just be a simple case of having these buttons attached to the wrong place. I'm looking into this further today.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:04 PM
A Griffon

Also, the version I included at the top of this post does work for the 4 pre-defined profiles.
I just havn't gotten the 7 button one to work yet.
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
So this may just be a simple case of having these buttons attached to the wrong place.
Fingers crossed it does look that way.

From what I have seen I would say the code does execute in order.

Maybe change the buttons location and have a try with that if it dont work then take a few days time out from it and just play the game.... I have found that you can work too long and too hard on a project and get noplace better to leave it and the solution / new possibiltys usualy come to you when you least expect it

Where I usualy fall down is I tend to look at things from a too complicated perspective, Where the answer is so simple its right in front of me the whole time...

Try a different perspective maybe lol

Keep us posted and GL

Last edited by Laffs : 02-21-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Fingers crossed it does look that way.

From what I have seen I would say the code does execute in order.

Maybe change the buttons location and have a try with that if it dont work then take a few days time out from it and just play the game.... I have found that you can work too long and too hard on a project and get noplace better to leave it and the solution / new possibiltys usualy come to you when you least expect it

Where I usualy fall down is I tend to look at things from a too complicated perspective, Where the answer is so simple its right in front of me the whole time...

Try a different perspective maybe lol

Keep us posted and GL
Very Good Advice!
Unread 02-21-2005, 02:23 PM
A Griffon

Lol well when you get back maybe this below is of some help or maybe will give you a few more ideas..

Name="vhqperf" OnPress="r_performance=1"

Thats profile 1 ... So where is that profile located in the eq diretory?

Could you not find that and make your own profile there called 7 and put

o_max_farplane=999.999998 o_max_farplane=999.999998 r_fast_layer_min_distance=149.999998 r_fast_layer_min_distance=149.999998 Etc, etc in there?

As the data for profile 1,2,3 etc must be stored someplace ?

Failing that have you tried not using r_performance=7 r_performance=7
with the button ?

So after button is pressed to changes all the settings and then after you click accept it stores it as r_performance 7 in your ini file..

As that profile dont exist untill you have made up a custom profile of you own or at least acrording to my "recent.ini" that seems to be the case....

To me it reads like your trying to call up a profile that is not there and also setting the values of the profile at the same time..

Shoot if this was BBC basic (lmao) a simple "proc" call would fix it hehe
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Lol well when you get back maybe this below is of some help or maybe will give you a few more ideas..

Name="vhqperf" OnPress="r_performance=1"

Thats profile 1 ... So where is that profile located in the eq diretory?

Could you not find that and make your own profile there called 7 and put

o_max_farplane=999.999998 o_max_farplane=999.999998 r_fast_layer_min_distance=149.999998 r_fast_layer_min_distance=149.999998 Etc, etc in there?

As the data for profile 1,2,3 etc must be stored someplace ?

Failing that have you tried not using r_performance=7 r_performance=7
with the button ?

So after button is pressed to changes all the settings and then after you click accept it stores it as r_performance 7 in your ini file..

As that profile dont exist untill you have made up a custom profile of you own or at least acrording to my "recent.ini" that seems to be the case....

To me it reads like your trying to call up a profile that is not there and also setting the values of the profile at the same time..

Shoot if this was BBC basic (lmao) a simple "proc" call would fix it hehe
All profiles are stored in the eq2.recent.ini file. Open it with a text editor and you can read the information.
r_performance is the variable name for the drop down box under the options and Performance Profiles.
r_performance 0 is for the extreme performance
r_performance 1 is for very high quality etc...
r_performance 6 is Extreme Quality
r_performance 7 is 'custom'

If you change anything at all the game saves it as a r_performance 7.
These are the pre-defined profiles that are hardcoded.
Basically what i'm doing is manipulating the variables that are maped to the sliders, check boxes, and dropdown boxes in the display properites.
The game already checkes these values on a continual bases, so by changing those, I change the display properties.
it's a round about way of doing it, but it works rather well.
the "r" are for 'render' I believe.
if you wll check the links, you will see the table I created for each of these commands and the variables.
The table can be viewed here.
http://www.geocities.com/ziggy_bock_...yCommands.html

Here is a side by side comparison of the values that the game places in the eq2.recent.ini file.
http://www.geocities.com/ziggy_bock_...SideBySide.htm

And the game saves all these settings in the eq2.recent.ini file if they are game set, or user set.
So there is no 'custom' file created at all by the game, in fact the eq2.recent.ini IS the custom file. The 'pre-define' profiles are hard coded settings in the game.

I would also not there there are a few logical flaws in the way the 'pre-define' profiles work when switching from one to the other.
For example if you adjust a settings manually and then use one of the pre-define profiles it may or may not reset the value depending on the particular value. The is mostly due to the fact that there is no check in place before it makes the changes, and if it 'thinks' a value is set to something, it won't reset it. Many of the blank spots in my table are due to this fact. Those settings are written after changing a profile and then clicking accept and then checking the updated file.
Some of them are blank, due to the fact that the game will only save a value in the eq2.recent.ini file that is not at it's defualt state.
For example. r_heatshimmer is by default always off. So there is no listing in the eq2.recent.ini file of this value untill it's changed to 'true'.
It doesn't appear in the file untill after you get past the balanced settings.
This apprears to be why the pre-defined profiles don't always work exactely the same way.
Have you ever noticed how if you have some things tweaked, it list you in a custom mode, but then you load a pre-defined profile like extreme quality, or extreme performance, and it doesn't always change ALL the values.
sometimes flora is ON when I'm in balanced and sometimes it's not.
if you turn flora off manually, the pre-defined profiles won't turn it back on sometimes.
Ok I hope all that makes sense.
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:18 PM
A Griffon

What I will probably wind up doing is not using the r_performance=7 command for the any custom profiles that are created.
If I set one of the values other than what the game has, it automatically changes to 'custom' in the performance profile box.

The 'real' booger for the predefined profiles is the pop-up message you get where you have to say 'yes' or 'no' when you set to anything above Balanced.

Using my button programed for say r_performance=6 changes many values but give an error messags in the chat window box.
So it's adjusting what it can, without that check being accepted and disgarding the rest I believe. If I can have the pop-up appear, or give it a 'default' yes click than I can perhaps use the pre-defined profiles and get all 7 buttons working.

What I think is happening is there is a value that must be set to 'true' for you to adjust a few of the values above the balanced profile settings.
For example.
Shawdow Quantity.
To set this to high, you must first have Shadows Enabled AND have that 'check' value that belonds to the pop-up window set correctly. Or you get the arrow.
The YES must be accepted before the changes take affect.
So at the point my main goal is to find the command for that popup message.
I'm sure its'a command paramert in 'the list' I just need to find it.
It's not listed in the eq2.recent.ini file as far as I can tell.
But I've not specificaly looked for it. I'm going to re-check my table and see if some over value changed in the files after I past the balanced mark, that I didn't notice had changed.
Of course I don't think it's saved in that file, beause you have to accept that change every time you go above the balanced settings.
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
A Griffon

I 'think' this is line 151 in the eq2ui.options.xml file.
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
A Griffon

Try this file !!

This works for me , no errors or pop ups and the displays change np , I dont know how many of the settings change but there is a visable differance thats for damn sure lol
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startmenu.xml (6.9 KB, 374 views)
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Try this file !!

This works for me , no errors or pop ups and the displays change np , I dont know how many of the settings change but there is a visable differance thats for damn sure lol
Well, I'm still at work at the moment and cant check that until I get home tonight, but off the top of my head that is the eq2ui.startment.xml

did you move the code over to that window file instead?
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
A Griffon

As a note i tried it on another toon with the options window open and i was getting the pop-up then ... but no pop up with no options window open the pop up seems to be the resolution and ref rate change...

Aside from that they all work inc the button you been working on .... going to play game a bit and experiment with the buttons if anything to report that you dont already know then I will

*EDIT*

We posted at same time lol and yes it is ! also I took the ref to 7 out of the file if you have a look at the code.

Back up your old file and plug that one and have a try like i say it seems to work for me

Last edited by Laffs : 02-21-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
As a note i tried it on another toon with the options window open and i was getting the pop-up then ... but no pop up with no options window open the pop up seems to be the resolution and ref rate change...

Aside from that they all work inc the button you been working on .... going to play game a bit and experiment with the buttons if anything to report that you dont already know then I will

*EDIT*

We posted at same time lol and yes it is ! also I took the ref to 7 out of the file if you have a look at the code.

Back up your old file and plug that one and have a try like i say it seems to work for me
Well that will be terrific if it works when i get home.
This may be a stupid question but.. what is the eq2ui.startmenu.xml file for?
It seems that the code that is in there is missing now so is this just a 'template' file for us to use?

I need to get home and try this.
So you still have the code n the StatButton file also? or did you remove it from there?