EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

View Poll Results: Shuold Tinfoil Hats Be Required When Modding?
Yes 9 75.00%
No 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-30-2005, 02:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar
Default SOE & xuinix

those who know me know I am 'slightly' paranoid, so today with LU17 when I loaded the new persona side by side with the one I had created in my private UI I got a little supprise in similarity.. which of course prompted a complete spy sweep of my drive just for good measure.

the persona on the left is mine made 2 weeks ago, the one on the right is from todays patch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SOE_spying.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	4188  
Unread 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

It could be worse as they could upload on your computer some Sony EQ2 Rootkit (c) that scan any illegal UI file
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

/shrug it looks like it did befor LU17 to me. But then I don't look at default that much as its easier for me to rip out the windowframe tree and replace it with mine in a text editor.

But just in case you might fill out a job app at soe UI department:P
Unread 11-30-2005, 05:31 PM
EQII Developer
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

EQ2.exe does a file compare with the active UI files and looks for any interesting mods. I get at least several thousand gigs worth of deltas each day, leading me to take an old Commodore 64 to process the data. With some advanced AI and the BASIC version of UIBuilder, I get about 10 UI suggestions each day that get onto the schedule. And just in case you couldn't tell, I'm kidding.

On the other hand, we get at least 20 good UI suggestions a day from /feedback and the boards.

The faction changes were requested by Gallenite (Sr Producer). He was working on raising one and demanded some changes. The best change was showing the actual faction amount. And the progressbar percent is no longer -50,000 to 50,000 but for each stage.

Bobble
Unread 11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer
those who know me know I am 'slightly' paranoid, so today with LU17 when I loaded the new persona side by side with the one I had created in my private UI I got a little supprise in similarity.. which of course prompted a complete spy sweep of my drive just for good measure.

the persona on the left is mine made 2 weeks ago, the one on the right is from todays patch
Oks so you hacked into SoE 2 weeks back to realease the modded window before them m8 GRATZ =D hehehe lmao (just playing m8)

Quote:
leading me to take an old Commodore 64 to process the data. With some advanced AI and the BASIC version of UIBuilder
Could you send me that version of the UIBuilder Mr Bobble pls I have an old C64 and a neat program on an old BBC 'B' that will allow me to make it run on that also, Then I'll send you back an updated version

Hell I could even send you the BBC 'B' and you guys can hook it upto the other's you have as servers lol

j/k
Unread 11-30-2005, 06:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE_Bobble
EQ2.exe does a file compare with the active UI files and looks for any interesting mods. I get at least several thousand gigs worth of deltas each day, leading me to take an old Commodore 64 to process the data. With some advanced AI and the BASIC version of UIBuilder, I get about 10 UI suggestions each day that get onto the schedule. And just in case you couldn't tell, I'm kidding.

On the other hand, we get at least 20 good UI suggestions a day from /feedback and the boards.

The faction changes were requested by Gallenite (Sr Producer). He was working on raising one and demanded some changes. The best change was showing the actual faction amount. And the progressbar percent is no longer -50,000 to 50,000 but for each stage.

Bobble
I know sizeable hotkeys have been fedbacked forever, but when your UI team finnaly got around to making it for the default, why didn't anyone consider the bankpage? example below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	default_vs_xuinix.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	4190