EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Default How would I...

I have been using DarkRoyal by Netherworks for a while. It's starting to show its age now. I really like the Nightfall UI and want to switch to it. The only thing holding me back is I just love the start button in DarkRoyal and I would be lost without it. It looks like this.

Is there anyway to import this to Nightfall and have all the functions working?

Or is there a Nightfall start button like it?

Thanks
Unread 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default DarkRoyal Start Button

Try this:

(1) Install the latest FetishNightfall, and see if you like it's Start Button, as-is.

If you want to 'import' the one from DarkRoyal, then:

(2) Go to your fetishnightfall directory, and find the file "eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml".

(a) Rename this file (viz: FETISH_eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml), so you can recover if something goes wrong.
(b) Copy the "eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml" from your DarkRoyal UI directory into the FetishNightfall directory.
(c) Play EQII, using the Fetish UI, and see what the Start Button looks like in-game.

Things that may be wrong:

(i) One or more of the buttons might be blank or black. This typically means you are missing an 'image' file. You will have to browse through the new xml file looking for text of the form "...="images/<file-name-here>"". You need to make sure that <file-name-here> actually exists in the images subdirectory in your Fetish UI directory. If it does not, copy it there from the images subdirectory in your DarkRoyal UI directory.

Play EQII, using the Fetish UI, and see what the Start Button looks like in-game.