EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-18-2004, 11:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A Clerics Request

Greetings Modders,

I have a request that may not be technically feasable, if it is I am sure someone on this forum will know.

In game I play a cleric, which means that if Im not healing Im buffing and Debuffing.

On the right hand side of the interface there is a buff line. These icons have countdown times when I run my mouse over them. As I place a buff on a team member it shows up to the right, when the buff wears off it drops from the right. Its the same with the debuffs on a mob. There is a visual indicator of the time left on a buff (a slow progression from full color to a tint of grey), however, in the heat of battle I cant easily make out the time remaining, also the color of some of my buffs makes this difficult (dark red to grayish dark red... not very friendly).

My request -
1. Is it possible to place a persistant count down timer next to the buff / debuff. This would be the same information that is presented on mouse-over of the icon. If this timer was to the right of the icon that would be excellent.

2. (advanced Uber mod). Besides the count down time, if there was a way to place the group member or mobs NAME next to it, that would be unbelievably helpfull. Priest can place a blessing that will heal over time until it wears out. I often have two blessing on both my tanks, one will drop, but I dont know who is unprotected... so I sometimes end up wasteing precious power by re-applying it to the tank that still had it active. Think of it this way... I might have 6 icons in the right hand bar... each for a buff / debuff on friendlies and enemies... one wears off and drops off the bar, I am having a heck of a time figuring out who needs it re-applied.

Now this might not be possible, not having this information might be a game feature to make the clerics life more challenging. If it is indeed possible to add the above information, it would be a boon to priests all over Norrath.

Thanks and I look forward to your comments.

Arismath
Level 15 Cleric
Guk

Last edited by Arismath : 11-18-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Unread 11-18-2004, 12:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Talking

If there's no dynamicdata in eq2ui_gamedata.xml for it, we can't touch it. nothing in there for buff duration. Sorry but it's hardcoded.