EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-18-2004, 05:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Default dislike "roleplaying" in target window

Dear UI modifiers,

I play on a role-playing server, namely, Lucan D'Lere. I like to target other players by clicking on them, and then look at their class and level in the target info window. This works for some players. But some players, somehow, have replaced this much wanted information with "roleplaying." So, then I have to right click on them and inspect to see what class and level they are. This is inconvienent, bothersome, and tiresome. Is it possible to modify this, and supply still show the class and level in the target window.
Or, even better, would it be possible to see class and level info (in small font) by simply moving the mouse over a character without the need to click and select him/her?

Thank you.

PS - excited about UI modification.
Unread 11-18-2004, 05:28 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Short answer No
Unread 11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overman
Dear UI modifiers,

I play on a role-playing server, namely, Lucan D'Lere. I like to target other players by clicking on them, and then look at their class and level in the target info window. This works for some players. But some players, somehow, have replaced this much wanted information with "roleplaying." So, then I have to right click on them and inspect to see what class and level they are. This is inconvienent, bothersome, and tiresome. Is it possible to modify this, and supply still show the class and level in the target window.
Or, even better, would it be possible to see class and level info (in small font) by simply moving the mouse over a character without the need to click and select him/her?

Thank you.

PS - excited about UI modification.
let me get this straight...you play on a rp server and then complain when someone actually rp's? umm k.
I mean, don't get me wrong, that is a nifty idea (would love to see it on a non rp server) but as also stated...short answer "no"

Cheers,

Cutanea
Unread 11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
A Griffawn

I will explain a little more. If the ui shows Roleplaying instead of the players information its because the server is sending that informtion using the data strut used for the player info.

The only way you could ever get around that is a huge no no.
Unread 11-18-2004, 11:32 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averad
I will explain a little more. If the ui shows Roleplaying instead of the players information its because the server is sending that informtion using the data strut used for the player info.

The only way you could ever get around that is a huge no no.
that and they probably just did a /roleplay to set it to roleplay

cutanea
Unread 11-19-2004, 02:52 AM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutanea
that and they probably just did a /roleplay to set it to roleplay

cutanea
Im sorry I didnt put that in my info. That is what I ment, the user gave the command /roleplaying and the server then blocks the real data and replaces it with the value roleplaying. I could draw a picture but I know you know what I meen.

Unread 11-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

A lot of people use /roleplay because they don't want you to see their info. I use /roleplay a lot in EQ1 because one of my main toons was a 65 chanty but I still want my guildtag to show. Hence I use /roleplay since /anon also hides the guild info.

Personally I find it more annoying that people can right-click and still get that information in EQ2.
Unread 11-21-2004, 04:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
A lot of people use /roleplay because they don't want you to see their info. I use /roleplay a lot in EQ1 because one of my main toons was a 65 chanty but I still want my guildtag to show. Hence I use /roleplay since /anon also hides the guild info.

Personally I find it more annoying that people can right-click and still get that information in EQ2.
It is correct that one can still right click on a /roleplay character and inspect them to see their class and level. I thought that "roleplaying" meant one acts and speaks as if they are that character, is that not what roleplaying means? What does that have to do with hiding ones class and level from others? Hiding ones class and level should be exclusively for the /anon command (which, as far as I know, also does not prevent one from right clicking and inspecting for class and level). If this information is available from inspecting, why can't one add it to another window?

____
<--- emotions in a 10 minute period
Unread 11-21-2004, 05:13 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
If this information is available from inspecting, why can't one add it to another window?
This is a good question. I opened the inspect window XML file and found it does not use any DynamicData tags. Apparently this information is sent and automatically overrides the Text object with the Name property of "LevelClass" in the Inspect window. This doesn't work in any other window I am afraid.

As for why SOE thinks /roleplay should basically just be /anon without hiding the guild tag, or why people use it on the RP servers when it's implied, I have no idea.

So your only real option is to constantly bug the developers and ask them to remove the anonymous attribute from the /roleplay tag and add some other tag for the anon-but-guild-showing purpose.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 11-21-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 11-21-2004, 05:54 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
This is a good question. I opened the inspect window XML file and found it does not use any DynamicData tags. Apparently this information is sent and automatically overrides the Text object with the Name property of "LevelClass" in the Inspect window. This doesn't work in any other window I am afraid.

As for why SOE thinks /roleplay should basically just be /anon without hiding the guild tag, or why people use it on the RP servers when it's implied, I have no idea.

So your only real option is to constantly bug the developers and ask them to remove the anonymous attribute from the /roleplay tag and add some other tag for the anon-but-guild-showing purpose.
Just so you know that will never happen
Unread 11-21-2004, 11:20 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
It is correct that one can still right click on a /roleplay character and inspect them to see their class and level. I thought that "roleplaying" meant one acts and speaks as if they are that character, is that not what roleplaying means? What does that have to do with hiding ones class and level from others?
it hides it in a sense because if they speak and act the part, you wouldn't know what they are right away...its like in rl you don't walk up to someone and right away know that "hey this person is a banker" (unless of course you happen to be in a bank looking at a teller..but that makes the whole point moot), so it hides it so that you have to actually look.

or so I think....

anyways, enought run on sentances...I am off to work

Cutanea

Last edited by Cutanea : 11-21-2004 at 11:27 PM.