EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Tiny but Functional Pet and Player windows

Thank you both for fullfilling my requests! Makes me game experience much better Here is my UI if anyone is curious, I like to see as much as possible in my view

Last edited by wiire : 03-26-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:15 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Are those pixel sizes on the images you posted the actual sizes you want the windows made at?

(I may get time at the weekend to make them for you, But if not that info is still applicable to anyone else who is able to make them before then)
Unread 03-23-2007, 03:26 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Everything is the size I would like it to be.. as long as I can tell what a button does and can click it, why should it be any bigger hehe?

I forgot to add I would really really like the player window to be click to cure

If anyone can do this I would really really appreciate it And thank you so much for the reply, Laffs.

Btw if anyone has a toon on LDL.. free platz to anyone who can make these hehe :P
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiire
I am wondering if anyone could make this is a functional window? You can use the buttons I made for it.

Btw they are attack, back off, follow, stay, and dismiss.
One question about your pet window design. You don't want Protect Me and Protect Self? The reason I ask is that when you click Back Off, Protect Me and Protect Self are also turned off. The only way to turn them back on would be with the / commands in a macro or resummoning or recharming. If your only pet is the vvv doggy then you probably want Protect Me and Protect Self off normally.

A long pet name is going to get chopped off there too but that's not really a big deal.

Just out of curiosity, what resolution do you play at? I normally play at 1280x1024 (on an old 17" CRT) and I know a lot of people play with bigger monitors at much higher resolutions and tiny buttons can get hard to press that way. That's the reason I don't make things really small in any of my UI mods.

Last edited by Othesus : 03-23-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 03-23-2007, 03:10 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Maybe I've been playing my class wrong, but I never use the 'protect' buttons. I don't want my dog running out and attacking anything in a raid or whatever until we are a bit into the fight and everything is set up. So basically I ALWAYS click back off when I summon my pet, and then when I am in a fight, I click attack a while into it.... never like my pet attacking something unless I command him to.

((btw the ONLY toon I play is a defiler, no alts, so I just want the pet window for her wolf))

My resolution is 1280x800. I play with my hotbars icon size the smallest possible (22) and I have no issues, I can still tell where everything is. I suppose its weird, my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy and doesn't understand how I have everything so tiny.. but I like it!

Last edited by wiire : 03-23-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Unread 03-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Right on! Bigger isnt' always better!

Never say you play you toon wrong, You may not play it the same as the 99% of other people but that don't make it wrong. For raids though I'ed say you play it like it should be done. I hate bets pulling junk when the read is setting up.

Laffs will get you a copy made if he said he would and he'll tweek it till you like it no matter how small it is:P
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
A Griffon

Thank you Landiin... /mumbles..../ponders revenge...... hehehe

Ok I am working best part of Saterday 24th.. But soon as I am finished I will put this together for you Wiire.. If you have a "jpg" or whatever of the buttons you could post here that would help speed the process up, if not then I can butcher the ones in the pic you posted..
Unread 03-23-2007, 11:18 PM
A Grizzled Badger

no need for this post

Last edited by wiire : 03-25-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Unread 03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
A Griffon

It sounded like an interesting idea so here's what I came up with:

You can stretch the window horizontally if you want to show any name or not.

I have a really good mouse but I'm pretty sure my hand wouldn't be too happy after clicking those buttons for over 12 hours. They're about 3mm across on my screen.

It was a pretty lucky window though-- I got four master chests just testing it out over an hour or two!

If you want to change the icons you'll have to put together a custom icon_ms1.dds file for them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auroz_tiny_pet_window.zip (1.3 KB, 279 views)
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:36 AM
A Griffon

Ah well, I wish you sent me a pm to say you were going to make it
Pleased I decided to hold off on making the player window at the same time now

Anyway heres the one I made, may as well post it /shrug

*EDIT* reguarding the icons I made the .dss file and started to make a new set of icon styles then it dawned on me that they were basicly the same as the default icons lol so I thought hmm no need to do that =p
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_pet.xml (10.4 KB, 312 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 03-24-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Thanks guys! Only reason I made my own icons was because when I resized the graphic in photoimpact the icons got so blurry and messed up, but here they look fine, so I really don't care about the icons :P AND THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!
Unread 03-25-2007, 02:05 AM
A Griffon

Sorry about jumping in Laffs! You said you weren't going to work on it until later Saturday so I thought I would be safe posting it Friday night.

I tried sending you a tell earlier Auroz but you were afk. Just checking on one thing-- I started from this player window:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4308
by nluerdarea and the health numbers don't change color but it's simple to make them change color if you want to. You can resize the window vertically if you want to hide your name.

Here's a picture of the layout from the UIBuilder:

(I use Notepad++ to edit the xml files directly though. I can't stand the mess the UIBuilder makes.)

Anyway, the layout was pretty simple, only a couple hours work, but debugging the click-to-cure script took another few hours. The buttons just do a simple "useability Cure Trauma" etc. and not any fancy higher level spells like Mail of Souls/Spirits but those are easy to put in if you want (Fetish uses those.)

The complications in the scripting is that when you click on the player window it toggles between you and your pet, the same way F1 toggles. A long time ago we used to press F1 to target ourself and Shift-F1 to target our pet and they didn't toggle. To switch back to this old mode you use the command /target_allow_pet_self_toggle 0. So to properly cure yourself the order goes:
  1. On the cures page
    OnHoverIn="target_allow_pet_self_toggle=0 target_allow_pet_self_toggle=0"
    to disable toggling. (The script has to has to be in this form since OnHoverIn="target_allow_pet_self_toggle 0" doesn't work. I'm not sure why though.)
  2. The button has the commands
    OnPress="useability Cure Trauma
    target_previous"
    target_previous switches your target back to whatever it was before.
  3. Then the cures page has
    OnHoverOut="target_allow_pet_self_toggle=1 target_allow_pet_self_toggle=1"
    to put you back into toggling mode.

It seems to all work now, as far as I can tell.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auroz_player_window.zip (2.2 KB, 332 views)
Unread 03-25-2007, 03:57 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Thank you Othesus I already brag about how I got a custom start window made by you and now my player window lol. You guys really rock for taking the time to make windows you won't even use. Hope to see you in game

(and Laffs, thank you too, I know you make awesome windows too and care about us "please can anyone make this" newbs too :P)
Unread 03-25-2007, 07:13 PM
A Griffon

Hehe, Thanks Wiire... long as you got your windows made thats all that matters.

Othesus..

Np m8, I did check this thread again just before I set to work on it on Saterday.. But it didnt show your post in the thread.. Its not the first time that has happened.. Wasnt untill I came to post the window did it show up lol nvm
Unread 03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
A Griffon

After playing around with the player window today there are still a couple problems. The power numbers change color for some reason to a dark green color. Also, I don't really like the click sound the buttons make. Those should be pretty easy to fix.

Laffs-- maybe it was later for you on Saturday since you're over in Europe, I'm guessing since you're on Runnyeye.

Edit:
The click sounds are gone and the power numbers stay purple. I was trying to get the health numbers to change color with the health bar but the color information isn't included in the 99999 / 99999 dynamic data so it looks like it isn't possible.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auroz_player_window3-26-2007.zip (2.2 KB, 296 views)

Last edited by Othesus : 03-26-2007 at 03:25 PM.