EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 07-07-2005, 07:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar
Default Ingame UI Gear Shift

basically I have this idea to have a simple way to switch interfaces for whatever reason.

have a button that does say:
OnPress="hide_window MainHUD.Clock; Show_window MainHUD.Clock2"
OnDePress="hide_window MainHUD.Clock2; Show_window MainHUD.Clock"

what this would mean is you would have one UI loaded but have multiple versions of interface pieces also loaded just hidden, these keys or shifts would change your interface smoothly in the game.. though I can see this taking alot of memory.

anyhow, I hope to have a small test window(s) up soon. if anyone out there who has more experiance with the EQ2UI interface language has any better ideas to do this it would be really helpful.
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Loads of problems with the naming of windows with that Eg some only work if they are called X etc ...

The smothest way this would work I thinks is to have... Say one style all set to 'NONE' in the window settings and the other set to 'FRAME ONLY' and make a button / checkbox whatever toggle all of the view settings to either that way it would cause a whole UI switch in game and still use the same window names etc .... But would require 2 sets of .dds files to make the switch over... And some nifty code work in the 'show/hide' events... All sounds possible in fact its nearly like that in Perditions Bottom UI and in my offshoots of it, If you think about it