EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 08-17-2007, 10:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Eq2maps - open map window - game crashes

I just reformatted my pc, everything is updated. Got .Net framework installed. Fresh install of EQ2. Played the game with default everything and the game runs fine. I install EQ2maps, it updates/dl's all the maps. I launch the game. It runs fine, i'm using default UI for now, except for the EQ2Maps program. If i attempt to open the map window the game crashes to my desktop. Does it everytime. I've uninstalled/re-installed EQ2maps 15 time. I've uninstalled/re-installed the whole game (what a pain) and it's still doing it. I can install ProfitUI and that works just fine, all the new windows open with no problems, but if I open the map window the game crashes.

I can't figure it out for the life of me. Can anyone help me here? I don't know what else to do.

Also, when i run Eq2maps updater, every time it re-dl's the same 215 files everytime. The first time it dl's 500+ map files, but every time after its the 215 same files. Does that every time also.

Last edited by skipdikman : 08-17-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here's some additional info after messing around some more. I have installed the ProfitUI mod along with EQ2Map. Everything works fine with the various windows, etc. I can open and close all of them without crashing the game, including the map window, however, the map window is still buggy. If I open the map window and click on either the WORLD or CURRENT tabs the game crashes. Any thoughts? Does this narrow it down at all?

Please help and thanks!
Unread 04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Same Problem

Hey, Im having the same problem. game works fine untill i open the map window and poof back to Windows eq2 gone, have to relog and everthing. It worked fine till i formatted hard drive also just started playing again after 3 months. i have the new Version 1.0.16. please help!
Unread 04-17-2008, 02:22 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Try press "Redownload all" in the options menu.
Make sure there right UI is selected. (EQ2MAP by default)