EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 03-17-2005, 10:46 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default If you can't use the updater....

Hiya all,

I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but since I run a 64-bit platform I can't get the updator to work. How shall I update my POIs and new maps now? Will you be updating the original file regularly?

thanks!
Unread 03-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuspawn69
Hiya all,

I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but since I run a 64-bit platform I can't get the updator to work. How shall I update my POIs and new maps now? Will you be updating the original file regularly?

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortis42
.NET 2.0 has packages for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP 64, but there are two packages and I'm not sure which one you would need:
.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 1 (x64)
.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 1 (IA64)

I've been using .NET 2.0 on XP pro and it hasn't given me any problems that I have noticed.
Have you tried either of the two links Mortis42 provided?
Unread 03-17-2005, 11:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

ok the issue with Cat's problem is the fact the font DPI is set to 120... Kust confirmed and re-created it

I dont know if Taco wants/can fix it from his end but at least you know you can change that back to normal to make it look right

/cheers

-Selae
Unread 03-17-2005, 12:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf_brn
Not sure what is going on, everthing seems to be fine, I have no errors.
Maps look great, but some zones I go into, I try and bring up the map and crash to desktop. Peat bog, sunken city,and some others.
Was working fine without the autoupdater. as soon as i installed it I wound up with this problem. Seems to be all the zones adjecent to the the main cities.

Any ideas would be appreciated thanx.
Very odd that some zones are causing you to crash when opening the maps. Do you have the latest version of the EQ2MAP download installed? Are you using other Mods with this, maybe there is some conflict with another mod and the EQ2MAP. I ran a couple of tests on my systems and had no problem with Peat Bog and Sunken City. I updated my current install with the EQ2MAP Updater and my Custom UI Mods installed, I also deleted all of the EQ2MAP files (not the Updater, just the XML files and graphics), and ran the Updater forcing it to download all of the files from the website. These zones still worked.

To troubleshoot this issue in your EverQuest 2 UI folder create a new folder called "MAPTEST", and edit your EQ2.ini file to point to the MAPTEST folder and re-run the Updater (make sure it's the latest version of the Updater). The updater should automatically put all of the files in the new MAPTEST folder, and launch EQ2. Do those zones still crash when opening the map?

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-17-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuspawn69
Hiya all,

thanks!
I'll try to keep the zip up-to-date with the files downloaded by the auto-updater starting in a couple weeks, probably updated once a week. Do you only own 1 computer? If you have a 32-bit, you could always run the auto-updater there then copy the files over.

Quib
Unread 03-17-2005, 05:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Grymmtooth

What folder did you unzip the files into? The program needs to be unziped into the folder where your Custom UI is at. Unzipping the files into the UI\Default folder will cause the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file to be overwritten by the Default eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml every time the EQ2 Launchpad is run.

For help on installing UI Mods please see this link

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item
I did unzip it into the default UI folder. After a few tries I fianlly got the map back that had the collapsable feature and checked the update POIs' only box. However once I clicked that box, the majority of POI's I had were erased. Subsequently I found the message posted by Sticky (http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1489) and downloaded that information which reinstalled the missing POI's. I have not utilized the Updater since as I am worried I will run into the same problems (i.e. lose the collaspable map and pi's I have currently)

Thank you for your reply and further advice if any.

Grymmtooth

Last edited by Grymmtooth : 03-17-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 03-17-2005, 07:34 PM
A Brown Bear

I've been using this mod since the beginning and must say you've done a marvelous job. I have a question about positioning the mod itself on the screen...Can it be set to be centered regardless of screen res?
got so used to all the rest of EQ popping up right in the middle

Many thanks
Kilidan
Unread 03-17-2005, 08:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Angry Dll error

k heres my problem. i download the EQ2MAP_Updater_Setup.exe and 'install' it to a custom UI directory. It installs 4 files into that directory, AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll, EQ2MAP_Updater.exe, Interop.SHDocVw.dll, and uninst.exe. I run 'EQ2MAP_Updater.exe' and i get the following error.

'EQ2MAP_Updater.exe - Unable to Locate DLL'
X - The dynamic link library mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path E:\Data|Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP
Updater;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT; C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel.

I hit ok and the program is terminated.......wtf. i know i did something wrong but not sure what

Last edited by Renegade : 03-17-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Unread 03-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
k heres my problem. i download the updater.exe and 'install' it to a custom UI directory. It installs 4 files into that directory, AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll, EQ2MAP_Updater.exe, Interop.SHDocVw.dll, and uninst.exe. I run 'EQ2MAP_Updater.exe' and i get the following error.

X - The dynamic link library mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path E:\Data|Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP
Updater;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT; C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel.

I hit ok and the program is terminated.......wtf. i know i did something wrong but not sure what
What's the full name of the folder you installed the updater to? I.e. Is it really E:\Data|Games\...? (Not that it isn't possible, just don't usually see folks use pipes in folder names)
Unread 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
A Griffon

Renegade,

What version of Windows are you trying to run the program on, do you have .Net framework installed?

Unread 03-17-2005, 08:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

windows 2000, i believe .net framework is installed.
@ger E:\Data|Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP
EQ2MAP = custom folder in the UI folder. EQ2MAP contains all the files from the old 'eq2map.zip' file.

(Btw, im just guessing that the updater.exe was only supposed to install 4 files)

Last edited by Renegade : 03-17-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Unread 03-17-2005, 08:53 PM
A Griffon

I would check to see if you have all the Service Packs for 2000 installed, and double check on the .Net framework. Needs to be 1.1 or better.

Unread 03-17-2005, 11:03 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316091
Unread 03-17-2005, 11:07 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Quote:
windows 2000, i believe .net framework is installed.
@ger E:\Data|Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP
EQ2MAP = custom folder in the UI folder. EQ2MAP contains all the files from the old 'eq2map.zip' file.

(Btw, im just guessing that the updater.exe was only supposed to install 4 files)
Sorry, but to be blunt..."i believe the .net framework is installed." doesn't cut it

Go get the newest version. Get the beta, it works great. The link is above.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316091
^^ And I quote:

PROBLEM

"Mscoree.dll Could Not Be Found" Error Message When You Try to Run a .NET Executable File
SYMPTOMS

When you create a .NET application executable (.exe) file, copy the file to a computer on which the .NET Framework is not installed, and then attempt to run the .exe file from that computer, you may receive the following error message (or messages): Unable to Locate DLL - The Dynamic Link Library mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path.
Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location.

CAUSE

This behavior occurs if the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed on the target computer. Applications and controls written for the .NET Framework require that it be installed on the computer on which the application or control runs.
RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, install the .NET Framework on the target computer. To do this, browse to the following MSDN Web site: How to Get the Microsoft .NET Framework
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/howtoget.asp

HEHE, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS!

Unread 03-18-2005, 01:06 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Process-ID=0xb30(2864), Thread-ID=0xe7c(3708)

when i try to start it, a no go.

Im runing XP SP2 with all requiered updates, chust rechecked if im uptodate.
AMD64 machine hope that helps.
Unread 03-18-2005, 02:18 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

yes unfortunately the microsoft .net framework 1.1 does not work on 64 bit computers you would have to get the .net framework 2.0 beta 64bit version for 64-bit amds(x64 version) to run it (but you have to have Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP 64-bit in order to install it) you can download windows xp 64-bit from microsoft for free (this is not warez or illegal) because it is still in development. If you do choose to do that i have no idea how stable winxp 64 bit version is or if you will lose any settings or anything, and although i like to think my updater is great :O i doubt its worth the hassle of updating to a prerelease of windows...MS makes buggy enough products even after they have released it and it has had a million patches.

Last edited by taco-man : 03-18-2005 at 02:22 AM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 07:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default srill crashing

tried fresh install and i get these errors.

'-352600' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_fprt_adv03_sprawl.dds
'-131600' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_fprt_adv04_ruins.dds
'-165600' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_fprt_sewer01.dds
'-142800' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_fprt_sewer02.dds
'-409600' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_freeport_all_overlay.dds
'-100800' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_nektropos_castle_0.dds
'-24400' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_nektropos_castle_1.dds
'-243200' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_qey_adv01_oakmyst.dds
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
File: map_qey_adv02_ruins.dds
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
File: map_qey_adv03_caves_0.dds
File: map_qey_adv03_caves_1.dds
File: map_qey_adv04_bog.dds
File: map_qey_all_overlay.dds
File: map_qey_catacomb_epic01.dds
File: map_qey_catacomb01.dds
File: map_qey_catacomb02.dds
File: map_qey_tradeskill01.dds
File: map_varsoon_0.dds
File: map_varsoon_1.dds
File: map_varsoon_2.dds
File: map_wailingcaves_0.dds
File: map_wailingcaves_1.dds
File: world_map_overlay.dds
File: map_befallen_epic01.dds
File: map_qey_thecrypt.dds

didnt get these errors the first time and was crashing to desktop on some zones, fresh install and now i have errors, any ideas??????
Unread 03-18-2005, 07:33 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

try this older one for now.

its the one you have to put in your customui folder and run from there.
________
apartments for sale in Pattaya
Attached Files
File Type: zip older_updater.zip (541.4 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:53 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf_brn
tried fresh install and i get these errors.

'-352600' is not a valid value for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
File: map_fprt_adv03_sprawl.dds
File: map_befallen_epic01.dds
File: map_qey_thecrypt.dds

didnt get these errors the first time and was crashing to desktop on some zones, fresh install and now i have errors, any ideas??????
try re running the updater, it looks like you were just having connection problems (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive) hopefully they will be gone now. If you are still having problems let me know.

Last edited by taco-man : 03-18-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 12:08 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Befallen

Quote:
k heres my problem. i download the EQ2MAP_Updater_Setup.exe and 'install' it to a custom UI directory. It installs 4 files into that directory, AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll, EQ2MAP_Updater.exe, Interop.SHDocVw.dll, and uninst.exe. I run 'EQ2MAP_Updater.exe' and i get the following error.

What I see that your path statement is incorrect.

path E:\Data|Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP
Updater;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\S ystem32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel

If that is your path statement you must correct the ;.; to read only ;

Each path must be seperated by only 1 ;

To correct this and/or verify you path statement, right-click on My Computer icon on desktop, click on advanced tab, then click evironmental varibles button. Select path and verify the statement then click set. Close all windows and reboot.
Unread 03-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromulis
What I see that your path statement is incorrect.

path E:\Data|Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP
Updater;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\S ystem32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel

If that is your path statement you must correct the ;.; to read only ;

Each path must be seperated by only 1 ;

To correct this and/or verify you path statement, right-click on My Computer icon on desktop, click on advanced tab, then click evironmental varibles button. Select path and verify the statement then click set. Close all windows and reboot.
;.; is correct. It means "include the current working directory in the search for files." Usually you won't see a Windows system without it, but certain UNIX style systems don't have it in by default. It makes life very, very difficult.
Unread 03-18-2005, 05:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

Would it be possible to use Windows' default browser instead of Internet Explorer when clicking links from the updater?
Reason I ask is because myself and a few friends who use EQMAP swear by Firefox.
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:26 PM
A Coastal Crab

Received these errors when running the autoupdater today.

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
File: icons_fprt_sewer03_0.xml

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
File: icons_qey_catacomb03.xml

By the way taco-man great work on the autoupdater

Paythan
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

this has been fixed, for some reason the website was being naughty and i had to crack the whip and tell it to do its job right
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:37 PM
A Griffon

I "think" this was occuring because I was adding a bunch of the maps Tony's set up recently to the website. They'll be available in game also soon.

Quib
Closed Thread