Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-21-2004, 01:56 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default Grr... Health % text color

So I'm making my player window "better" by increasing the thickness of the HP/Power bars, and overlaying the current/max and % in text over the bars, just like I had it with my EQ1 UI.

So far I have it just how I want it (magnified image attached), except that using GameData.Self.Health for the Health % text makes it the same color as the bar it's sitting on! It also changes color with the bar when your health drops. And, naturally, adding the Color property doesn't work.

I'm currently getting around this by adding ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.BlackOutlineNoShadow.Outline1", but I'd prefer to just have the text be white.

Anyone know if there's another DynamicData tag for the health% that doesn't change color with the bar, or a way to force the color?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image6.gif
Views:	555
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	162  
Unread 11-21-2004, 03:24 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unrest

I was going to say why not just change the bar color but after I tried a few different ways im guessing the color for that bar is hard coded. You can change the mana bars color just fine but changing the health bar has no real effect it still shows up green.
Unread 11-21-2004, 03:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

The doc mentions something about DynamicDataFilter, since it defaults to FFFF (all) the uibuilder doesn't list it unless you uncheck limit and the xml files don't have the tag in them.

the bars list as FFFB not quite sure what this means...might mean everything but tool tip? as FFFF - 0004 = FFFB

if this is correct then to have the text update properly but NOT chagne color...
FFFF(all) - 0400(color) = FBFF (all but color)

think i'll test this quick like so i can besure and let ya know

quick test and yes that is very much so exactly how you do it. looks like i'll be making my player box that much smaller for rev .03

Last edited by noize : 11-21-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 11-21-2004, 04:00 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastnic
I was going to say why not just change the bar color but after I tried a few different ways im guessing the color for that bar is hard coded. You can change the mana bars color just fine but changing the health bar has no real effect it still shows up green.
Actually, you CAN change the bar's color via the in game "Game Colors" section of the UI options, but no matter what you set it to the text changes color with it.

Noize:

WOOT! It worked! Thanks! I'll have to take a closer look at that document if I run into trouble again. And here I was thinking it would just be mook.

Edit: You finished the test before I did. :P

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 11-21-2004 at 04:08 PM.