EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 02-23-2006, 09:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Loading the UI

Hey!!

Just downloaded Thor UI for the first time (only custom UI I've tried) and am having problems loading the UI.

Whenever I do /loadui and select Thor UI the game freezes and the Task Manager shows it as "Not Responding."

Is there anyway to load the UI as default from the login screen?

Cheers
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

ThorUI should be all set if you ran the installer.

What you need are the uisettings file.

type /load_uisettings while in game
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Experience bars

I like the set up right now where it shows the level/trade/guild experience, but i want to see the full thing not just half..... iv moved it to the middle and it still shows as half.
Unread 03-02-2006, 05:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Grobb

You got to make the window larger. When you unlock the window, if you move your cursor to the right and buttom edges it will change into a double arrow, drag the edge until you can see the whole thing
Unread 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks... problem solved
Unread 03-03-2006, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Inventory???

I have been using this UI for quite a long time now and have waited for a long time to see when the new inventory window would incorporate the food and drink slots. Am I missing something or has this not been updated? If it has, please tell me what I am doing wrong. I recently reformatted my hard drive and downloaded ThorUI all over again but I am still not getting an updated Inventory window. Is this in future plans?

Just a little side note. I love your UI but I think your pet window is totally out of place with the rest of the scheme. It just doesn't seem to fit in very well.
Unread 03-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

The food and drink was incorporated before the live update became public.

Delete your thorui folder and relaunch the ThorUI AU.

Be sure to check the feature page as there are MANY options located there including another pet window option.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shileah
I have been using this UI for quite a long time now and have waited for a long time to see when the new inventory window would incorporate the food and drink slots. Am I missing something or has this not been updated? If it has, please tell me what I am doing wrong. I recently reformatted my hard drive and downloaded ThorUI all over again but I am still not getting an updated Inventory window. Is this in future plans?
Both inventory windows included in the Auto Updater should have buttons in the top left corners which shrink/expand the windows to display these slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shileah
Just a little side note. I love your UI but I think your pet window is totally out of place with the rest of the scheme. It just doesn't seem to fit in very well.
You can always do what I'm doing and use a pet window from another modder/author.
That's one of the things I like about this UI. You mix/match pieces from outside (what is provided via the auto updater) without fear of causing the UI as a whole to break.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-10-2006, 01:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm

how that timer mondule works? i dont get anything of it.. i want to use it tho. seems like some images dont want to show... i get a black window with colored arrows. nothing more, also settings are black

Last edited by swedishbanshee : 03-10-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Unread 03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

hmm, i'd delete the thorui folder and let the AU bring all the files back down.

See if that helps then let me know.

the "..." button can be clicked for more info on the mod itself once you get it working.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-10-2006, 08:02 PM
A Griffon

Heya Faetyl....

Not sure if you or anyone else has noticed (unless it's just a freak issue on my end), but the scrolling buttons on the chat window (top right, which shift the chat tabs back and forth) don't appear to be working.

I haven't tried wiping/reloading the UI yet, but will try that if it appears to only be me that's being affected.

I'm using the chat window w/ the tabs on the top.

Last edited by ShadowProwler420 : 03-10-2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Which chat window am I using, you ask?
Unread 03-10-2006, 09:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Not able to bring up the acheivment tab.

I have been using Thorui for a while now and its great.
I have run into a bit of an irritation, I'm not able to bring up the acheivment window, the tab is not on the skills window.

Thanks for any help.
Unread 03-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

All users were instructed to delete the thorui folder and allow the ThorUI AU to redownload all files.

Only reason i ever had my own version of the skills window was to fix a coding issue by SOE. They fixed it so I took mine back out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knows
I have been using Thorui for a while now and its great.
I have run into a bit of an irritation, I'm not able to bring up the acheivment window, the tab is not on the skills window.

Thanks for any help.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 03-12-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Unread 03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

NM did not see post above
Unread 03-18-2006, 10:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Got a question for the Thor UI I got everything installed working as is but only problemim having is two things You cant see the arrows on the targets, is there a way to see them or is this just how the ui is and also My journal screen doesnt show the ui information center with the writs heritages etc.. I have ti checked in the advanced options but it wont load any ideas?
Unread 03-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I don't think so but there are three steps that you can do that usually fix any issue.
They are:
1.) Check to make sure you have the features you would like selected. (Doubt this pertains to you)
2.) Delete the "thorui" folder located here EverQuest II\UI\
3.) Log in and once in game type "/load_uisettings" and select one of the predefined window placement files. (Move/Re-arrange your window how you would like)

Let me know if you still have an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasmir
Hello really like the UI can't live without it now. Onlt trouble I am having is A tendancy for the chat screen to black out. Do you think this would be a result of the above chat while zoning feature?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-18-2006, 10:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprice123
Got a question for the Thor UI I got everything installed working as is but only problemim having is two things You cant see the arrows on the targets, is there a way to see them or is this just how the ui is and also My journal screen doesnt show the ui information center with the writs heritages etc.. I have ti checked in the advanced options but it wont load any ideas?
Keep in mind that in order to use the infocenter you need to be using the start button mod included with the UI package. You can also set up a macro with a text command to bring it up, too, but I don't recall what it is.

As far as the arrows on the targets go, are you talking about the 'old' /con system, or are you talking about the targetting arrow over the mob's head? If it's the /con system arrows, I believe there is a toggle button in the target window which switches between the arrows and brackets. If it's the targetting arrow, check the game options to see if it's turned off.

Unread 03-22-2006, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok ive just downloaded this ive done it before but i cant seem to get the extra tabs on the jounal any tips on that?

ty
Unread 03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbee111
ok ive just downloaded this ive done it before but i cant seem to get the extra tabs on the jounal any tips on that?

ty
nvm im retarded didnt type the /load_uisettings right har har

love the thor ui au tho keep up the GREAT work!
Unread 03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
A Brown Bear

Default No Joy

I've followed all the tips above, but I still don't have the infocenter. I still love the UI, but I had the Infocanter and now it's gone. It makes it twice as disappointing
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Did you select the feature?

You should have done the following as well:
Click the cancel button
Click Options
Click Advanced
Click ok (if you have the option selected for "Do not update newer files)
Click the Features tab
Click the "+" sign next to Journals
Click the "+" sign next to ThorUI InfoCenter
Check the box next to ThorUI InfoCenter
Click ok
Click update
Log in game and click on the 2nd and 3rd book icons on the start button to confirm all is there.

Repeat the above steps to add other features.
Repeat the delete folder steps to refresh the thorui directory if you decide to remove a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeartree
I've followed all the tips above, but I still don't have the infocenter. I still love the UI, but I had the Infocanter and now it's gone. It makes it twice as disappointing
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Yep, been there, done that. Everytthing is in place and running fine, except for the InfoCenter in the Journal. It doesn't show up at all. The only thing that I see when I open my journal and look at the top is the vanilla 3 tabs - Active, Collections, and Completed.

Trust me, the infocenter box is checked, then I deleted the ThorUI folder and let the whole thing update. I tried using the /load_uisettings list, but that didn't help. Over the past weeks after losing the InfoCenter, I've tried everything aaaaai could think of in about every order I could plot. None of it did any good. Maybe it's something to do with running the game in 1280x1024? I have the ThorUI set to that resolution as well, but is there any chance that the InfoCenter got left out of that?

If you can think of any other things I haven't tried, please let me know.
Unread 03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

If I read your statement correctly. it sounds as if you're still looking in the journal for that information.

It's no longer there.

Per my previous instructions:

Quote:
Log in game and click on the 2nd and 3rd book icons on the start button to confirm all is there.
Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeartree
Yep, been there, done that. Everytthing is in place and running fine, except for the InfoCenter in the Journal. It doesn't show up at all. The only thing that I see when I open my journal and look at the top is the vanilla 3 tabs - Active, Collections, and Completed.

Trust me, the infocenter box is checked, then I deleted the ThorUI folder and let the whole thing update. I tried using the /load_uisettings list, but that didn't help. Over the past weeks after losing the InfoCenter, I've tried everything aaaaai could think of in about every order I could plot. None of it did any good. Maybe it's something to do with running the game in 1280x1024? I have the ThorUI set to that resolution as well, but is there any chance that the InfoCenter got left out of that?

If you can think of any other things I haven't tried, please let me know.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-27-2006, 11:09 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Tracking WIndow

Hiya ! I wanna ask if the tracking window is the one that you get using Alt-W ...
Or there is another key to open the ThorUI Tracking WIndow ?

Thanx for your help !!!!

Gawain
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Alt-W is the waypoints window

Tracking and the window is only available to Scout classes who inherit the ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdyno
Hiya ! I wanna ask if the tracking window is the one that you get using Alt-W ...
Or there is another key to open the ThorUI Tracking WIndow ?

Thanx for your help !!!!

Gawain
Forums

Got Guild?