EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:09 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

nm fixed it

Last edited by jonathn2875 : 03-27-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I just downloaded this profitUI 2.2 and I love it really , especially the hotbar

but one thing I found it bugged. the hotbar number sequence seems messed.

the sequence shd be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,=

but now it's like 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,7,9,0,-,=

it is bugged or my problem? thx for answeing

great work really
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotbar.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	4776  

Last edited by bereavement : 03-27-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereavement
I just downloaded this profitUI 2.2 and I love it really , especially the hotbar

it is bugged or my problem? thx for answeing

great work really

LOL mine also is numbered wrong. I just noticed
Unread 03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

please consider including the font files in the DL, that way if you don't use the 1280x1024 version you don't have to hunt it down ...
Unread 03-27-2006, 07:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Nomand and bladescout, can I get a confirmation that this corrects the issue please?
This fix is working for me. Thank you.
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereavement

I'll add it to the Known bug sections and hopefully gm9 (or someone) can get around to fixing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainQueen96
Just one little request though... the broker window doesn't seem to have the buy quantity/buy stack option, and as I often buy stacks of raws for tradeskilling, I tend to revert to the default window. Any chance of adding this?
Added to requests. See above responce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Also, I was wondering if there were any plans to include a "My class/level" button on the market window as well?
Added as well, thanks for the feedback all.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation XP percentage number too large

Greetings,

I just downloaded and installed this UI. I must say I am impressed and I do appreciate the time and effort put into making this.

The problem I am having has to do with the XP percentage number.
Right now it is too big and I cannot see the whole number. Is there an xml file I can edit to shrink this? I have no experience with this code so any help will be appreciated. I have already tried manually resizing the window but this did not help. I'm using the 1280x1024 resolution.

Thanks for the help!!
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:10 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by asyncd
Greetings,

I just downloaded and installed this UI. I must say I am impressed and I do appreciate the time and effort put into making this.

Right now it is too big and I cannot see the whole number. Is there an xml file I can edit to shrink this? I have no experience with this code so any help will be appreciated. I have already tried manually resizing the window but this did not help. I'm using the 1280x1024 resolution.

Thanks for the help!!

If you turn back 1 page (Page 5), you will see a solution to this, and I attached the 2 files needed to correct the issue.

Xarox Soulfire (Europe-Splitpaw)
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:32 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I think the font files were left out of the 2.2 release. There are two font files that need to go in your EQ2/UI/fonts directory in odder for them to display properly. Chech some of the previous releases of Profit and you'll probably find the files u need.
Unread 03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I think the font files were left out of the 2.2 release. There are two font files that need to go in your EQ2/UI/fonts directory in odder for them to display properly. Chech some of the previous releases of Profit and you'll probably find the files u need.
Copied font files to ui font folder and windows font folder. didn't fix a thing. any other suggestions?
Unread 03-28-2006, 01:16 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nueen
Copied font files to ui font folder and windows font folder. didn't fix a thing. any other suggestions?
Sorry folks, I didn't realize the font files weren't included when I repackaged the zip file for public consumption. I'll fix that in a sec.

And to answer your question, a reference from the Main Thread, first post:

Quote:
- This interface was designed to have Smooth Font and Small Fonts options OFF. (Game Options -> User Interface -> Game Windows -> "Smooth Fonts"/"Use Small sans serif font")
Quote:
If you would like to use smooth fonts, put speedline.ttf and highspeed.ttf into your c:\windows\fonts or c:\winnt\fonts folder. Also make sure they are in Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Fonts
Hope this helps.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-28-2006, 01:24 AM
A Grassland Beetle

((Announcement))

ProfitUI Reborn v2.2.1 has been released.

(I'll announce as soon as I upload the file, however, it can take up to 24 hours before it gets authorized for the download section. See the main post for a download link without waiting.)

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-28-2006, 01:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Perfect. Thanks
Unread 03-28-2006, 03:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

For starters thank you all for your hard work bringing this UI which makes things so much easier in playing. I love this UI and wouldnt change it for anything else.

A couple comments/questions if I may:

My settings were for the f version. The toolbars had a little gold frame around them and were organized top to bottom as a lot of users have (1,2,3,4 etc.). I have my TS toolbar set to bank 10 so I usually change the first one to Frame and Title so that I can switch it back and forth when I am tradeskilling.

I installed the latest version but unfortunately no little arrows showed to allow me to do that. Also the right hand side toolbars (5 and 6) did not appear so I guess they were the wrong ones there (possiby 7,8 or 9) since I dont have any icons on them. Again by not being able to switch the toolbar to another bank I was stuck.

The load screen looks nice but it shows some weird information as if there is a default UI that loads and then gets populated by my data. Excuse my lack of computer programming but is this the default behavior? It shows for instance at the bottom all zeros for every resist and at the top that I am a shadowknight. /shrug Once it loads it shows everything ok.

I have reverted back to f for the time being. I hope that this issue (with the toolbars) will be resolved soon.

Thank you once again.
Unread 03-28-2006, 04:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
I'll add it to the Known bug sections and hopefully gm9 (or someone) can get around to fixing it.

Added to requests. See above responce

Added as well, thanks for the feedback all.
Thx so much and if this bug fixed, this set of UI would be perfer I love it.
I was using thorUI, nothing bad at all but profit looks neat and less resource draining, no jokes I had like 20-30% performance boost while I switch to ProfitUI, one more thing, just wondering if Spiricore you will make profitUI to be autoupdate version? if it will be, that would be fantastic
Unread 03-28-2006, 05:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Map problem

Does anyone have a problem with this UI and the map?

Without the UI,
Whenever I type in /waypoint x, x, x you would see a blinking X on your map screen.

However, with this UI, no such blinking X exists.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Also..

I no longer see the glowing orange wisp path anymore on waypoints.
Unread 03-28-2006, 06:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelus
Does anyone have a problem with this UI and the map?

Without the UI,
Whenever I type in /waypoint x, x, x you would see a blinking X on your map screen.

However, with this UI, no such blinking X exists.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Also..

I no longer see the glowing orange wisp path anymore on waypoints.
oh yeah, I just noticed this problem too, the glowing wisp disappeara and I tried to use/waypoint command and not showing the glowing X on my EQ2map
Unread 03-28-2006, 07:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone

Fixed the 7 and 8 being switched on the hotkey banks.

Seems to be working on my chars.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (12.1 KB, 290 views)

Unread 03-28-2006, 11:36 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks for the help!!
I had this same problem when I first installed Profit 1.8d. I did not install it properly. I reinstalled it by extracting the archive into the everquest 2 directory.. That fixed it..
Unread 03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

I wanted to throw my appreciation to you guys for bringing this mod back to life! Other than just a few little tiny bugs, it really works like a champ.

Would you ever consider having an auto update feature added? With all these little daily patches perhaps that's a way to get the update to the masses quickly. I know I tell all my guildies that there's an update to get but they seem in the dark about them most of the time. I subscribe to the threads and get the daily updates emailed to me but I don't think that's all that common.

Again, thank you for your hard work and continued support of this UI.
Unread 03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks for the help!!
Mind if I ask how you managed to change the font in the UI? I would much rather have a font like the one in the screenshot than the ones that comes as default but I have no clue how to change them hehe.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-28-2006, 04:56 PM
An Undead Settler

Server: Steamfont

Just press enter additions for loot and such would be much appreciated.

Unread 03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidrickla
Just press enter additions for loot and such would be much appreciated.
I'm not even sure if this is possible (and a good idea) with the different looting options. But if other people have done it with other UIs (I haven't seen any, but then again I haven't looked) then it's certainly possible. If you could throw out a link of a UI that currently performs this function perhaps we can get something incorporated into Profit.

DJPlymiras: Due to lack of free time, I really haven't had a chance to mess around with the UI much. It took me a few moments to get used to the hotbar adjustments that came with 2.0, but I managed to find all of the arrows. They're a little quirky, but try this:
Quote:
Unlock each bar and disable Click Through. Try resizing them just a tiny bit and the arrows should pop into the right side when you mouseover. If they don't, make sure Window Settings are set to Frame & Title Bar (as many times as I've typed that, you'd think I'd get it right) and that should hopefully get them to show up. If not, please report back and I'll get gm9 to look into it when he gets back.
My other suggestion would be to download a seperate addon found here at EQ2Interface and use that instead for hotbars. I myself am debating it until I can bug gm9 enough to get him to hopefully revert them back to how they used to be.

tachyon: As for the Auto-Update feature, I really know nothing about how to go about it. If there's some AutoUpdater Program For Dummies out there, I would certainly give it a try. Unfortunately I don't have much free time except to check here, answer questions and foward stuff for fixing. Any assistance with that would be great.

Nomand: Thanks for the fix. As soon as I can confirm that it works for other people, I'll add it to v2.2.2 and upload it.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>

Last edited by Spiricore : 03-28-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Great work on getting ProfitUI back up and running! I couldn't tell you how pleased I was to see someone pick his work up.

The UI works great, I just had one question. I just purchased a widescreen monitor (24", 1920x1200 res) and I understand that ProfitUI is meant for 1280x1024 (what I currently run). Is there any way to get ProfitUI up and running successfully on the widescreen? I don't have it yet, but once I get it I'll post a screenshot so I can better help you out if you want to take a look at it.

Thanks!!
Unread 03-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondazed
Great work on getting ProfitUI back up and running! I couldn't tell you how pleased I was to see someone pick his work up.

The UI works great, I just had one question. I just purchased a widescreen monitor (24", 1920x1200 res) and I understand that ProfitUI is meant for 1280x1024 (what I currently run). Is there any way to get ProfitUI up and running successfully on the widescreen? I don't have it yet, but once I get it I'll post a screenshot so I can better help you out if you want to take a look at it.

Thanks!!
Profit runs great on any resolution really. I run it just fine on 1600x1200. All the windows and other bits and pieces are easy to move around and position (after a bit of unlocking etc hehe) so it's really not bound very hard to any specific resolution.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Closed Thread