EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 06-05-2005, 08:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

First thing, this UI is my favorite. Thanks for all the hard work from everyone. I only have 1 question, are you going to make the necessary changes to all the perdigraphics colors? I really like the glowing red one. I switched it into the UI and the stats didnt show up on the bar, the compass fades to nothing at the bottom, and there is a space at the very bottom of the quest window to the stats bar.
Unread 06-06-2005, 01:22 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

The one in post 98 is the one Im using, and the blue one in the very last post is just a blue version of the one in 98, its done!

Ill post more in depth when Im at work, but, initial thoughts:

1. Why not put the raid doobrey under the start button? Just have the 2 of them on that element?

2. Put the icons someplace else, and which icons do we *really* need?

Erm need to go to work heh, Ill post more there!

Oh btw, love the stats there, they look great!
Unread 06-06-2005, 05:24 AM
A Griffon

Harbinger, the only perdigraphic that will work with this UI we are doing is the one I provided in my last post with attachments.

Laffs, might be an idea to change the name of the files to avoid confusion and to allow me to do different versions that dont get confused with the old style?

You lost me on the corners, looks fab on mine!

Can you put in that bag mod pls? Now we got a graphic thats settled, might be an idea to re post a full folder with all the stuff in.
Unread 06-06-2005, 07:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Restricted on the size I can post in here.. It will have to move to the downloads to do that and its not ready for propper download as such..

I thought about putting the raid control in with the start button as well.. The bet bet would be to move the start button down and put raid above it (the reason being you use start more often less chance of a mis click)

Far as the icons go.... Me likes the icons.. So there!

Anyway they could go in with the compass on my new idea so if you dont want them you dont have to see them... the performance panel seems to fit in there nice also... Thats somthing else you dont like either you grumpy old git... hehe ,

Since there is no plans as such for the compass me thinks thats probably the best bet then?

Also I agree with the change of names for the graphic files to ward off confusion.... To do this I will have to do a search and replace on all the files,

So this aint going to happen untill we are done here and its all working properly.. Makes it a lot easier for me to debug that way!
Unread 06-06-2005, 08:48 AM
A Griffon

Yeah I like the icons too, I meant if you moved them and found you couldnt fit them all in, which is least important? I dont see the point of the emotes one tbh is all, ffs Im a gnome, I KNOW all the emotes. Its like jumping, its what gnomes do. And giggle a lot.

The perfromance panel....isnt there 2 buttons on there? 1 turns shaders on and off. Like the icon. 1 turns on night vision. Wtf is that for?? I can see fine ta! Explain to me why you would want that??

Hard to think while at work, Ill post some more later.

Any luck on a guage back on the exp bar btw??
Unread 06-06-2005, 10:18 AM
A Griffon

Lol... I dont know hardly any of the emotes so that saves me lots of time

Only 2 buttons on the panel at the moment because I havent hooked up the other 3 preset files that go with it

Night vision, it gets damn dark in and around Freeport when its persistantly raining.. So at times this helps....

The gauges should be working now ? .. They worked for me all the time lol I will make sure I got all the changed files in there..

See if I can get another update tonight.
Unread 06-06-2005, 10:36 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Lol... I dont know hardly any of the emotes so that saves me lots of time

Only 2 buttons on the panel at the moment because I havent hooked up the other 3 preset files that go with it

Night vision, it gets damn dark in and around Freeport when its persistantly raining.. So at times this helps....

The gauges should be working now ? .. They worked for me all the time lol I will make sure I got all the changed files in there..

See if I can get another update tonight.
What would be LEAST needed would be the open/close bags button/icon, because there is a shortcut you can make in the options menu for it. Just my two cents.
Unread 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM
A Griffon

theres a short cut for all of the, C is default emote open, M is map etc etc, some stuff you just wanna click a mouse on.

Laffs, yeah, yours might be working but since it broke, you aint put anything new up
Unread 06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
theres a short cut for all of the, C is default emote open, M is map etc etc, some stuff you just wanna click a mouse on.

Laffs, yeah, yours might be working but since it broke, you aint put anything new up
actually O is default emote open.
C = crouch

And open/close bags ISNT quickkeyed by default, you hafta go in the options page and manually map it yourself
Unread 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
A Griffon

Oks so lets just bin them all... I mean likes who needs notes in game you got pen and paper right? , Dont loot you wont need to open any bags LOL

Point me trying to make there is loads of stuff in any number of these UI's you could class as being part useless because of other default alternitives (yeh i know my spelling is useless as well)... But personaly there is somethings I like to have a clicky for.. What me trying to do here is still have the clickys but if you dont want to see / use them then maybe an option to hide them all someplace.. not that difficult to do....

Anyways this what we go so far...

The little filler page.. You change the view you change the clicky icons frame and titlebar shows the shaders one only ... for Madhog as he dont want a performace panel ... frame shows emotes and bags in there insted as I use the panel and dont need shaders there.. Its a comprimise...

The compass now holds the performace panel .. with a button to show/hide it like i say you dont want it dont click the button it will sit there quite happy with zero other files if you not going to use it and all you gotta look at is the little button ... or you can even use the default compass if you wants..

Start menu... looks better now has raid control box in there.. and notes and map clickys... Raid controll been removed from everything else now... As the raid window and the raid control box need to be paired up it will only work in one window or another not both at once.

There is a few minor size problems with some of the frames still in a few windows but nothing that cant be fixed Problems being when you get text like "Your equipment is not attuned!" etc

Dc will appriciate it can take a long time to do the smallest of task with this stuff and yet what seems to be complicated to do is not and seems like you make loads of progress.... Its the little things that matter!

So here's an update guys...

BTW...

DONT click on any of the presets in that panel as they are set up for my system!!! ... If you going to use it then make your own with the parser, as mine will probably bugger up your display settings big time lol ... I have only put them in so you can see that all the buttons do show up when you have the files in place (I am talking about the perfromance panel in the compass window btw)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000093.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	2886  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (1.49 MB, 175 views)
Unread 06-07-2005, 01:17 AM
A Griffon

Coo cant wait to get home tonight now and try that, looks fab.

I know what yer trying to do with the icons Laffs, so shush! I love the look of that now, waaah wanna play now!!!

Erm you are using an old dds there. Use the last one!! You saying you like th corners the wrong coulour and sticking out?? If you do I can change them. Use the other dds tho pls, cos its cleaner. Dont worry, it aint a different size or owt, just looks nicer.

Did you not bother with the blue one?
Unread 06-07-2005, 03:04 AM
A Griffon

Had a quick look before I came to work *giggle*.

Looks fab!

Couple of questions tho!

How come I got the compass with the performance panel AND a seperate performance panel too? Do I need to remove an xml?

I love the icons on the bottom, but, can you make it so it has shaders and bags on one, and the emotes on the other layer? Could do it as an alternative for us folks who dont want the performance thingy on the compass! Keeps everyone happy then eh?

Love the bar at the top, good job with that, stats look fab, start button looks fab too.
Unread 06-07-2005, 10:09 AM
A Griffon

I got that many .dds on here its hard to tell whats what lol .. I will go up the list here and use the very last one that I find..

Pleased you like it.. Start button looks much better now
The backround needs removing from the exp to next bar likes as it is shadeing part of the main bar when its visible.. easy to fix that.

Also I can just pair up a bags icon with the shader np.. and still just have the one version.

It will be the player window and the mainhud file that is making the other panel show up as well... This zip here should stand alone now! but will try that myself first..

Gotta clean up a load of water before I can do anymore likes... Fitting a new bathroom at home and just got a long waste pipe sticking outta the wall to empty the bath with, to test for leaks, the pipe is on top of the conservetory ....Me pulls plug out of bath..... Kool waste system dont leak ........ But wasnt a smat idea to have the damn window open whilst all the water is running off the roof ! Hence indoor swiming pool me gots now /sigh ..... Wont do that again.... Well not in my house anyway
Unread 06-07-2005, 10:55 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lucan DLere

all going well so far

the icon for the bags does not appear on my screen it only has the emotes?????
Unread 06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon

There is no size restrictions on the little "filler" page at the moment try making it a bit longer.

Unread 06-07-2005, 01:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

yeah i tried and it didnt appear
Unread 06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
A Griffon

You messed with turning frame and titlebar off / on and none?
Unread 06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
A Griffon

Next...

Me been messing with exp bars again... I always liked the look of the Fetish Turbo one so mainly the little vitality progress bar so I made one .. Made the bars a bit deeper also.

I have noticed that the resist stats are going to go FUBAR once you get over 999 on them .. solution is to either abreviate the txt even more or use icons to gain the extra space needed.. personaly I think the txt abv is the better idea to keep it same as other txt ... Besides I never know what icon means what for the dots.

I liked the little different color corners on the the frames in the last 2nd last update of the .dds likes anychance you can add them back in please?

Heres a SS and a few more updates for you horrible lot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000094.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	2888  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (1.46 MB, 163 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 06-07-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:13 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

Dunno if its just me or not but I cant right click on windows to change opec and stuff and the text under the "EQ" button is not there or either its black????
Also didnt there use to be a Arrow that would show you where you double exp would take you to?
Can you also toss in a 1600*1200 UI file also when you get a chance =)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000004.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	2890  
Unread 06-07-2005, 06:39 PM
A Griffon

Lmao... Bakes, Looks like your a few windows short of a full house there bud hehe

I had to strip stuff outta the last zip here to get the size down, for posting in this section,, go back to the next zip up here download that then install the last one over the top that should work.... If it dont then please hold fire untill I have this up in the downloads section ...

As I said I think the folder would work alone but havent tested it as yet we have all been putting the new windows into Laffs alt Perd etc-- folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I decided to play on my little would be necro... and found some problems with the pet health in the target window etc no biggie but a pain none the less, That also means a resize of the target window up .... Thats not good for this version....

So looks like next stage is to make / squeeze in an uber pet window someplace
Unread 06-07-2005, 09:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Madhog,

Something about the coloring has been bugging me and I finally figured out what it is. On everything but the chat windows your color goes from grey on the top to black at the bottom. On your chat windows you reversed it, going from black to grey. Was this intentional??

Eagle
Unread 06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
A Grove Wisp

hey laffs could you uplaod yur ui settings cos mine is all messed up. im still getting the bar that u used to have for the stats on my screen and also still got 2 graphic ops boxes on screen

cheers
Unread 06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
A Grove Wisp

also

have you checked out "MyUI" in the completed UIs?

it has some very nice bars in there could incorperate them into yours?

if only i knew how to do it id give it a go
Unread 06-09-2005, 01:40 AM
A Griffon

Yes Eagle, that was intended!

Laffs, sorry, but, I aint playing EQ2 atm, Im playing WOW. I havent quit EQ2 or owt, just not playing it, all Id really been doing was this UI mainly heh, and my bestest mates play WoW so Im trying that out with him.

Ive attached the last proper dds, the blue dds, and the PSD files of both too so if anyone else wants to fook about with them, they can.

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics_all.zip (893.0 KB, 167 views)
Unread 06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
A Griffon

Hmmm....

Oks, this on hold for a short time till I find out exactly what else is broken since LUD 10 ... I havent seen the new fonts yet so dunno what they like.. I have a backup all all the old one's anyways so I can put them back if need be..

Also the pet window needs some more work to it... Since I actualy have a toon with a pet now.. I will be able to see what works best.

<watch this space>