Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-15-2005, 08:04 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoul
I must say this mod is awesome and I really do hope you plan on updating it as new features are added to the game. Every thing seems to work great for me except for I can't get the Implied Target window to show. Is there anything I am missing? I tried a few of the implied target window mods on this site but still cannot get any to show.
If you want and implied window until I can do the update in a little over a week, you can drag the implied window from the default folder over to the TyeJae_Steel folder and wala you have the implied target. I will be skinning the implied target in the future.

TyeJae
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:09 AM
A Griffon

OK here is my list of things I need to do when I get back...please feel free to let me know if there is anything I am missing.

1) Skin the implied target.
2) Skin the quest helper for the upper righthand corner of the screen.
3) Finish the HO wheel with the new look.
4) Redirect my images so they pull from with the MainHUD files and not from outside those files.

Am I missing anything? Also in the next update I will not be including the 3/4 Hotbar and non tabbed chat windows. If people want those they can download them.

TyeJae
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking Additonal add

Can you also add prestige points to the money window?
Unread 02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

Is there a way to remove the stats bar under the team bar ? I don't need to always see it....
Otherwise, great work !
Unread 02-15-2005, 02:24 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Thor
Can you also add prestige points to the money window?
This is something I would like so I will look into it when I get home from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degolas
Is there a way to remove the stats bar under the team bar ? I don't need to always see it....
Otherwise, great work !
This is an important feature of TyeJae's UI. The actual stats could be removed but you'd end up with the steel graphic there and all that blank space. It's just not in the vision of the project to remove it. If you want to fool around yourself with the UIBuilder you can just resize the window to cut that part of the window off. Just open the eq2ui.xml file from the custom directory in UIBuilder, select mainhud from the tabs, and select the group window from the left hand menu. resize the window until you are satisfied with what you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeJae
4) Redirect my images so they pull from with the MainHUD files and not from outside those files.
TyeJae
This isn't real clear but I hope you don't mean that you are going to keep all the mods in the mainhud. What Perdition meant by her post is that it is much easier for people to mod a UI when the individual pieces are modded instead of files like mainhud.xml. This way if someone doesn't like just a piece of your mod (like the experience bar issue) they can change just that and can still use your mod.

BTW, I hope you don't mind that Perdition and I have hijacked so much of your UI. It's an awesome HUD and modding bits and pieces, especially parts you don't yourself change, makes the game that much more fun. It's the ultimate form of flattery.

Last edited by aalwein : 02-15-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Unread 02-15-2005, 03:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen

Thanks aalwein works now
Unread 02-15-2005, 05:45 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ok i have a real problem now. since there is no implied target window in the mod, i went back to stock, for that, i just deleted the eq2.ini file since no other files were created/replaced. Now, my implied target window is weird. I target a player that target a player, and the implied target shows "group" under the implied target (PC) life...... help !

Last edited by Degolas : 02-15-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalwein
This is something I would like so I will look into it when I get home from work.

This is an important feature of TyeJae's UI. The actual stats could be removed but you'd end up with the steel graphic there and all that blank space. It's just not in the vision of the project to remove it. If you want to fool around yourself with the UIBuilder you can just resize the window to cut that part of the window off. Just open the eq2ui.xml file from the custom directory in UIBuilder, select mainhud from the tabs, and select the group window from the left hand menu. resize the window until you are satisfied with what you see.

This isn't real clear but I hope you don't mean that you are going to keep all the mods in the mainhud. What Perdition meant by her post is that it is much easier for people to mod a UI when the individual pieces are modded instead of files like mainhud.xml. This way if someone doesn't like just a piece of your mod (like the experience bar issue) they can change just that and can still use your mod.

BTW, I hope you don't mind that Perdition and I have hijacked so much of your UI. It's an awesome HUD and modding bits and pieces, especially parts you don't yourself change, makes the game that much more fun. It's the ultimate form of flattery.
I have no problem with you guys stepping in and making changes, especially because I don't have the time to spend on the project that I would like to spend on it. There are so many ideas coming in and suggestions and I plan to try to implement most of them but not all.

TyeJae
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:58 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Kithicor

Hey guys I finally got the xml files to load in properly, the Journal Looks AWESOME. Gives the whole UI that fantastic TyeJae Steel Look. I do have one possible Request TyeJae, could you skin the chat windows to have the steel look to their borders? As well as possibly skinning the Hot Bars as well then then entire layout of my UI will look like steel.

Thanks for the AWesome UI TyeJae. Thanks to Aalwein and Perdition as well for giving us their additions to this UI until the "official" TyeJae additions are released.

You all have made EQ2 so much more enjoyable.

M
Unread 02-16-2005, 09:45 AM
A Griffon

Hello All

Here is a try for the Skined Mainchat

Could anyone test it cause I cannot do it for now being at work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chattye.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1259  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml (4.9 KB, 286 views)

Last edited by perdition : 02-16-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Unread 02-16-2005, 09:59 AM
A Grove Wisp

It does look nice indeed ! Maybe a little too green compared to the steel color of the ui. just my 2cp though
Unread 02-16-2005, 10:46 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
It does look nice indeed ! Maybe a little too green compared to the steel color of the ui. just my 2cp though
Lol i'm using the TyeJae image so it's the exact color, it's just the screenshot that change it , so color are perfect in game
Unread 02-16-2005, 10:53 AM
A Grove Wisp

wow somehow i see it green.... lol
Unread 02-16-2005, 10:56 AM
A Griffon

Hello Again

Here is a test for the Hotkey that fit with the mainchat style
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chathotkey.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1264  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (11.1 KB, 245 views)
Unread 02-16-2005, 11:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

This MOD looks great until I put it in 1024 X 768 res. I would love to use it and take full advantage of my 1600 X 1200 graphics capability but at 1024 X 768 different windows are huge i.e. the inventory screen takes up half of my screen (21" Viewsonic). I am a newb but I would like to take full advantage of this MOD so that I can use it at 1600 X 1200 and have the steel status bars go completely across the top of the screen since they do not in 1600 X 1200 res. Can anyone help me? and/or is TyeJae planning on releasing it in 1600 X 1200?
Unread 02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ok i give up. I tried to resize the background so i don't see the stats, removed the coins, the clock, the name of the zone. then i added the temporary mod for the implied target... the result is chaotic... i guess i'm stuck with stock ui if i can ever get the IT window back in order...
Unread 02-16-2005, 03:36 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

I would have thought everything would be tiny on a 1600x1400 resolution... but I can't test it because my monitor wont go that high res. Degolas check my fix for Brimztone's problem, I think you are having the same issue. As for your group menu, i'll slap something together and cut out the stats and coin for you as best I can do. Keep in mind it will look kind of wierd b/c the graphics will just abruptly end.

Lemme get home from work and fed and I'll look into this stuff. I'll also check out your latest, Perdition. I'm using frameless 3/4 hotbars and chat-input-less chat window mods but I'll test them for functionality.
Unread 02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
A Griffon

I try my Mainchat and hotkey and it works
hope you like it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000069.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	1268  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (11.1 KB, 417 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml (4.9 KB, 287 views)
Unread 02-17-2005, 01:23 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Kithicor

Anyway you guys can get the Hot keys to Resize? I love the Main chat windows and the Hot bars but would like to resize the Hot bars.

M
Unread 02-17-2005, 02:46 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
I would have thought everything would be tiny on a 1600x1400 resolution... but I can't test it because my monitor wont go that high res. Degolas check my fix for Brimztone's problem, I think you are having the same issue. As for your group menu, i'll slap something together and cut out the stats and coin for you as best I can do. Keep in mind it will look kind of wierd b/c the graphics will just abruptly end.
I play in 1600x1200 and the only diff is that it leaves a lot of free space because it is actually way smaller. I personnaly find that better since i try to have the most visible surface as possible.
I tried to redux and remove the stuff i don't need, it did work but the IT window was all messed up. I had to delete my character ini file (server.name.ini or something like that) and do my ui all over again to get the IT back ! Now I'm using stock ui again, i'll try to go from scratch and keep a backup of my ini file, don't want to do it all over again lol

BTW, when i exit the UI builder, it always says "xxx of memleaks detected", is that supposed to happen ?

Last edited by Degolas : 02-17-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 03:46 AM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Quote:
BTW, when i exit the UI builder, it always says "xxx of memleaks detected", is that supposed to happen ?
Yep, that's normal.
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelsturm
Anyway you guys can get the Hot keys to Resize? I love the Main chat windows and the Hot bars but would like to resize the Hot bars.

M
Hello Maelstrum

Here is a resizable hotkey bar, could you please test it and let me know if it's resizing properly ?
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (11.5 KB, 261 views)
Unread 02-17-2005, 10:13 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Crushbone

seems like it's working fine to me. I got 8 hotbars on right now, four on either side of the chat window and it looks absolutly incredible. Awesome job skinning them. Heh, looks better than the letterbox for sure!
Unread 02-17-2005, 05:07 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

updated target and implied target windows after the patch today. They don't support the new "simple" targetting system but they work prooperly with the "detailed" system. The new system is going to require a whole reskin to the windows so it will take awhile for me, Perdi, or TyeJae to get to.

For those who haven't figured it out, you can change your targeting system in the options window, under User Interface tab, in the Name and Chat Bubble options. Change NPC Evaluation to "Detailed" mode until a new reskin is complete for the "Simple" mode.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml (3.3 KB, 348 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (3.7 KB, 443 views)
Unread 02-17-2005, 05:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
updated target and implied target windows after the patch today. They don't support the new "simple" targetting system but they work prooperly with the "detailed" system. The new system is going to require a whole reskin to the windows so it will take awhile for me, Perdi, or TyeJae to get to.

For those who haven't figured it out, you can change your targeting system in the options window, under User Interface tab, in the Name and Chat Bubble options. Change NPC Evaluation to "Detailed" mode until a new reskin is complete for the "Simple" mode.

For some reason on the main target bar it has the word "group" always showing, and if you cursor over the word group it pops up a small window that says my characters name and level....

EDIT...

nm after logging in and logging out of the game and re-downloading the new target, implied_target changes it seems to be gone now.

Last edited by TommyHawk : 02-17-2005 at 06:09 PM.