EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Erm whats the difference on the exp bar?? Its nearly 2am and my eyes hurt, but I cant see anything different hehe.

You mean you want that style and colour on the skin? Or just the colour? That said, theres about 6 different shades there hehe. If you want that look and colour its easy.

I have some ideas btw after testing this all night.

Bottom right where the hotbars are, take out the top one, and you get a gap above it a hotbar box high. Take off the triangle on the power bar. You get an empty rectangle. Could you create a box to go in there? Was thinking, put the bag, emotes, notes, Shader etc icons on that. You could then centre up the start button on the exp element. You could put the perloc buttons on this too most likely. Or put the other icons on the same element as the 2 perloc buttons. Something like that

Talking of which, now its split it looks odd. Put it back to one piece with the start button on, tho lower as suggested above.

I spent an hour playing with a curvey one, it just looks wrong. Ill give this some more thought tomorrow and Ill do your blue skin again too.

Bleh cant think straight, Im off to bed!

PS I prefer the triangley implied target after all *giggle*
Unread 06-03-2005, 09:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

I realy do need to kill you lol

Oks I thought the same about removing the hotbar etc etc .. it dont work well

Now what about putting the compass the perloc job into the stats window? (well it will realy be perloc and stats into the compass window but in a bar like the stats) ... Compass in the middle .. perloc erm well at the end maybe ?

As for that background I posted i mean the darker shade of the color being the main one and the lighter shade being the indents on your style .. like it is with the lighter tones of the marble as it stands .... Hell your the grafix dude sort it out lol

Diff with exp bars is they are in same style as the target etc (vert lines and not solid)

Now for the background what I am saying is not make the triangle edges curved... I mean the whole UI ... Means a reskin erm EG ...

I made the implied target a square option ... now just make the corners of that square round ! ... Like the windows on Windows XP with the rounded corners ...

You got to remember every window in the game is square anyways its just the frame / background that gives the shape .. the window size is still the same as the longest point on the background / frame...

I will try and knock up an example of what i mean with the backgrounds and post it here ... but its going to suck bad and just for you to see what I mean.

Oks me off to find my map and clean up my shotgun... Ermm I mean off to bed bud
Unread 06-03-2005, 11:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Madhog I took a stab at your perdigraphics with the round edges. See the attached zipfile.
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (131.0 KB, 157 views)
Unread 06-03-2005, 11:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Very Well Done! A couple of comments if you don't mind another set of eyes:

I play in 1600x1200 so I had to add a couple of text boxes to fill out the top area. I'm trying to attach a screenshot of how I've set it up.

When you have the letterbox in use and place a hotbar in the black area it fades out the background even if you have it full strength. You can see this in the screenshot in the lower right.

I see one black box that pops up that I'm not sure what it's used for. The box I'm talking about is in the upper left quad if it works.

In your screen shots that are posted I see 5 blocks in switch area, I only have two on mine.

In the area below the clock when you turn on the second view option there are 5 colored blocks. Only one of them brought anything up. It was the raid window. The rest just said Close in the mouseover.

Madhog: I really liked the look of the image in post 33.

Keep up the good work guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eagle screenshot.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	2854  
Unread 06-04-2005, 05:33 AM
A Griffon

Thanks Roenfanz! Some bits could do with smoothing still, but, *sob*, you got me interested in this one again.
Unread 06-04-2005, 06:19 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Thanks Roenfanz! Some bits could do with smoothing still, but, *sob*, you got me interested in this one again.
It was kinda difficult, since I had no idea how you got those rounded corners in the first place. If you could attach your PSD (did I say this already?) it would help me to get a better one

PS: Call me DC, or Fanz ... being addressed by my surname is wierd.
Unread 06-04-2005, 07:07 AM
A Griffon

Heh sorry, I figured DC was a clan name, DC is easier to type tho!

Attached is the psd, Ive labelled the layers to make it easier to understand, and Ive actually smoothed a fair bit of it up anyhow now, feel free to play tho!

Im currently trying to do a totally different look with a more EQ2 theme. Wish me luck....

Oh Laffs, if you wanna use the round one, Ive attached my latest dds of it, its smoother. One for DC is the _rnd one, other ones for you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics_rnd.zip (271.1 KB, 157 views)
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (66.7 KB, 149 views)
Unread 06-04-2005, 07:11 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewar
Very Well Done! A couple of comments if you don't mind another set of eyes:

I play in 1600x1200 so I had to add a couple of text boxes to fill out the top area. I'm trying to attach a screenshot of how I've set it up.

When you have the letterbox in use and place a hotbar in the black area it fades out the background even if you have it full strength. You can see this in the screenshot in the lower right.

I see one black box that pops up that I'm not sure what it's used for. The box I'm talking about is in the upper left quad if it works.

In your screen shots that are posted I see 5 blocks in switch area, I only have two on mine.

In the area below the clock when you turn on the second view option there are 5 colored blocks. Only one of them brought anything up. It was the raid window. The rest just said Close in the mouseover.

Madhog: I really liked the look of the image in post 33.

Keep up the good work guys!
Heh, the embossed one eh? Yeah, I liked that one, but some elements looked strange cos Laffs stretches them outa shape

The raid buttons are exactly that. When you're in a raid, you can turn off the raid window using that button rather than Alt-R, the 4 coloured boxes are to allow you to quickly close individual boxes down, which represent the groups in the raid.

Dont use a letterbox. Please

Not sure what box you're missing tho.

** Aha, think I know what box it is, its a triangle corner. Right click on it and select properties, just choose the frame option that lets you see it **
Unread 06-04-2005, 07:21 AM
A Griffon

Oks me at work just stopped by to see whats been going on lol...

Will have a look at the backgrounds later thanks DC for the help on that.

The little triangle box has a frame on it to start with to make it easier to position then yes you just turn it off, Close button dont work because of the visiblity settings.

Unread 06-04-2005, 07:28 AM
A Griffon

Erm I knew I meant to ask something!

Is it possible does anyone know, to see the effects the dds will have on the various elements without loading the game up??
Unread 06-04-2005, 08:11 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Erm I knew I meant to ask something!

Is it possible does anyone know, to see the effects the dds will have on the various elements without loading the game up??
UI Builder buddy, its found under the main Everquest 2 folder as a zip. I extract mine into my UI folder, so that when I go to Open, all I hafta do it select my custom UI folder, then eq2ui.xml.
Unread 06-04-2005, 10:02 AM
A Griffon

Bah I been using that, but loadin in the elements not that file heh.

Ok attached is a graphic Im *very* happy with. Corners need cleaning up and a coulpe of parts need a little love but its ace!

If yer agreeable Laffs, can we go with this? Ill do you a blue one when you say yes....

Not sure about the white edge along the top, what do you think?

It needs some Laffs lovin tho. Raid thingy needs to drop down. Ive adjusted the position of the top time on the clock downwards from -5 to 0, cos it was off the top of the screen!

As you can see from me screeny, the stats bars on. I would think if you can put them details along the bottom of the 2 journal windows, and move the location name up a smidge, that would be fab. I dont mean put the stats on the 2nd layer (erm they there already ahem), I mean on the single layer one. Youd need to squish em up a bit more than they are, but would look awesome.

I still think centralise the start button and put the bag, map, notes etc icons on the perloc. If you have to lose owt, lose the emotes. You could also put the experience element back to normal without the right edge being cut off.

If I think of owt else Ill be sure to let you know!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000041.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2858  
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (115.9 KB, 151 views)
Unread 06-04-2005, 10:36 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
I still think centralise the start button and put the bag, map, notes etc icons on the perloc. If you have to lose owt, lose the emotes. You could also put the experience element back to normal without the right edge being cut off.
What will go in the dead space where the paperdoll was then? if we move the start button out?

I was thinking of putting the stats, compass, profiles and maybe icon buttons all in one window.... It will get the same effect and I can reduce size of the active quest windows I guess... Gotta remember this still needs to be flexible enough for peeps to set all this stuff up how they want

Round background looks good.
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:55 AM
A Griffon

Keep the start button on that element, where the paperdoll was, just have the start button on it, but lower down was my thought.

And make it one element again not the 2 it currently is.

Round one will stay as it is btw, just need to clean up a few bits, but the size etc will stay the same. Corners and box edges mainly need cleaning up.
Unread 06-04-2005, 12:26 PM
A Griffon

Cant put the start button in the same page as the exp, same way the compass wont work on any other page, same as the hotkeys wont work on any other page etc etc ... lol

Thats why we have to have 2 windows / elements (pages) somtimes for stuff to work..

If have a look at my alt Nedra group window that contains nearly the max number of diff objects that will work in one page and there all stuffed into the group page because the group windows wont work in anyother page but all the other stuff in there will.... Not being sarcastic just trying to explain why stuff has to be split up kk

Not going to have any progress on this tonight as you have drove me to hit the bottle me's going on the pizz tonight, Will do some more when I eventualy sober up tomorrow lol

P.s Cetering up the start button means wasted dead space around it if you with me... Way I was thinking is to get as much in a window as you need without it being clutterd?

Just thinking raid control box & perf panel could go in with the compass and have another small arrow type switch to expand the window to make them visible if and when needed? What you think of that?
Unread 06-04-2005, 03:11 PM
A Griffon

Ah ok, didnt realise that, I assumed cos you'd put the paper doll in there before, you could put in anything else you wanted, didnt know there was a limit on what you can put where

The current exp bar doesnt work btw. Theres nothing showing up in the gauge, only thing Ive seen is debt in it, and no, I didnt die to test that out, it just happens *giggle*.

Attached a screeny so you can see.

Ok dont centre up the start button, it actually looks ok where it is, now theres a similar light bar edge along the top.

The effects box btw, works fine, can resize it any shape you want, in any direction you want, had a bard with me earlier and had 3 rows almost heh, just dragged it up along side of screen, looked great.

Think you will be able to put the stats along the bottom of the journal boxes? On the 1 layer main one, not the title one or whatever it is?

I think the raid thingy should stay where it is, just recentred now Ive done a skin Im happy with

Put the rest on there tho!
Unread 06-04-2005, 04:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Cant put the start button in the same page as the exp, same way the compass wont work on any other page, same as the hotkeys wont work on any other page etc etc ... lol

<snip>
Experience however, can go in the start button

By the way, I cleaned up the round style a bit more from your PSD and made it a DDS file. Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics_rnd.zip (271.1 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 06-04-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Unread 06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Attached a screeny so you can see.
Really? Where? I dont see it >_<
Unread 06-04-2005, 06:46 PM
A Griffon

Ahem, I forgot. Its on here now.

Thanks for the dds, Id cleaned one up tho! Have a look at my last attachment heh. Ill look at yours tho in case its cleaner *giggle*

In fact in case I hadnt, thats on here too.

Ive put on my ini this time too btw.

I really wanna see the stats someplace less....awkward.

I like your other mod Laffs, not sure how/if we could use something like that, be good if we could cos its got everything on it, and room to put in icons for notes etc.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000042.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	2860  
Attached Files
File Type: zip oasis_hoggy_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (115.9 KB, 153 views)
Unread 06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
A Griffon

Could you upload the psd file DC pls? Its more use to me if that ones ok cos I can change the skinning then
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Could you upload the psd file DC pls? Its more use to me if that ones ok cos I can change the skinning then
Ummm, nope >_< sorry. Basically all I did was put an inside stroke on everything, 4px wide then I had to flatten everything in order to get the lines to appear
Unread 06-05-2005, 02:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

One more thing I noticed tonight while playing is that the experience bars are not showing progress. The % listing works, but no indication on the bars that you're advancing.
Unread 06-05-2005, 11:30 AM
A Griffon

Ok one totally cleaned up dds, and one ini file. Im happy with this dds now, wish I coulda used DCs which woulda saved me time but i need to be able to change colours etc on it heh. Still DC gave me the encouragement to do it

The exp bar doesnt show up any gauges apart from debt.

Oh I attached the bag mod I use too, Id seriously encourage you to use this one as it fits in with our philosophy!!

Ill do you a blue one later Laffs!
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (115.4 KB, 158 views)
File Type: zip oasis_hoggy_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.1 KB, 162 views)
File Type: zip Azilarirs_bag_mod_(8col_thin)_1.1.zip (1.1 KB, 204 views)
Unread 06-05-2005, 02:45 PM
A Griffon

Blue dds attached, please let me know if it looks arse, I aint tested, just done it whilst in an exp group
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics_blue.zip (154.1 KB, 161 views)
Unread 06-05-2005, 08:00 PM
A Griffon

Looks oks , but lost the little corners off the frames you had in the grey version I set the windows up to line them all up nicely as they looked kool

The frames is the small box on the right near the bottom on the canvas

Messed with a few windows here.. The active quest window and the quest journal window will need re-sizeing to full hight after you put these files in...

Got the stats page in there nice and neat so can loose that window now..

Been playing with the compass a bit also yes i know the background not lined up right and the raid window buttons dont work on there etc... the little box below the compas itself is the button to change the view...

Let me know your thoughts on this... The raid control can still stay in the clock window .. but you will need the correct raid file as to what control box you plan on using to work the raid window...

As it stands its only the one in the clock that will do anything with the raid window..

Please try not to alter the size / shape of the perdi .dds anymore guys as all the backgrounds and frames will need lining up again it got most of them set to that last round grey background you posted ty..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000092.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	2876  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (1.49 MB, 165 views)