EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-21-2005, 04:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Add status?

Would it be too much to ask that status be added at some point? I managed to delete the time and date (don't need cuz it is on my exp bar) and would love my status points to go there. I'd like the status available to spend.

I dearly love this bar btw. I just don't know enough about XML to get my head around how to add status myself.

Umm, silly me. Wrong mod. Wrong thread, and I managed to dig in and get what I need.

Last edited by floppytoes : 03-21-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
I am trying to pin down the problem as we speak. I found out after I posted that IoR is Isle of Refugee.

I have had this happen occasionally on my system also with my own XP Bar mods, and chalked it up to an Sony issue, from what you are describing it's not their issue but ours . Both my characters are Qeynos Based Castleview and Graystone Yard. So I will see if I can study Sony's default file, and My files, and Pyroman's to see if I can find a fix to share with all of the other authors. Thank You again for tracking it down to the XP Bars.
I have reproduced the issue, with either the Defalut or Pyromans Mod the issue doesn't happen. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find is the possible issues and how they can be fixed.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-21-2005, 03:43 PM
A Griffon

I have located the issues that were causing the Crash on the XP Bars when camping to Character Select and choosing another character. I will post a new Message for other authors that are experiencing this issue with what I did to fix the issue. I will also be updating all my XP Bars that contain this issue.

This post refers to the changes that the other XP Bar Authors that are experiencing the crash to desktop need to change.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2026

Last edited by Humudce : 03-21-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default xp bar colors not showing

I downloaded your update to the xp bar that shows game time and real time. I love it, btw! The problem I'm having is that there is nothing but black space between my class level and the vitality bulb on the other end. Is there another file I need to install?
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

there are sticky posts all over the site with detailed instructions on installing and troubleshooting Just take it slow and step-by-step and I'm sure you'll do fine.

-Selae
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selae
there are sticky posts all over the site with detailed instructions on installing and troubleshooting Just take it slow and step-by-step and I'm sure you'll do fine.

-Selae
And I follow those instructions AND read the troubleshooting before posting. I was asking if there was a graphics file that needed to be downloaded that perhaps wasn't included in the updated version, or if maybe I needed to install an earlier version then install the update.

BTW, if you're going to tell someone there are stickies with instructions, you might want to tell them where and save them some time. Just a thought.
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
A Griffon

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't Half the fun is in the learning. Most people want to be handed stuff and will continue to want that so I do my part to give just enough info so that they will actually look or use the search feature

No offense is meant

-Selae
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

cant help but notice your vitality is 100/ 100.

go play man
Unread 03-24-2005, 04:02 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Thankyou to Humudce for fixing the issue with crashing when camping to Character Select and choosing another character
Unread 03-25-2005, 02:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Test

I *really* like this one, but can I get it as a single bar? With zone name at the top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
your picture isnt showing up for me but i think i know what you want here you go

Last edited by Lonissa : 03-25-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Human Paladin

Default No TS Vitality Info

Downloaded and installed the double bar version, but I get zero TS vitality info (no gem, no markers, no % info). Everything else is great though. I've tried deleteing the framestyle and widget02 files, but that didn't help. How can I fix this problem?

Just tried the default ui and have the same problem, so it's me and not the mod. Sorry.

Last edited by Mahonri : 04-01-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonri
Downloaded and installed the double bar version, but I get zero TS vitality info (no gem, no markers, no % info). Everything else is great though. I've tried deleteing the framestyle and widget02 files, but that didn't help. How can I fix this problem?

Just tried the default ui and have the same problem, so it's me and not the mod. Sorry.
The Default UI and these mods are only designed to show the Gem and Markers if you actually have Vitality in the Tradeskill Generally there is not Vitality until you get above Level 3 in Tradskill, if you roll over the TS Part of the Bar does it show you are getting Vitality in the Tooltip?

Unread 04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Newly ADDED: 2 Ways to show the window now! It will remember your setting after logging off. It switches between a more compact and expanded version.
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:10 AM
A Coastal Crab

I like your single line XP bar. I looked at how you did it in the UIBuilder. Nice work. Is it possible to get the Tradeskill Exp % (TExp%) to display with 2 decimal places so that 3/4% would be 0.75% and not 0.8%?
Unread 06-14-2005, 09:16 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

I've installed the guild model of this, but it doens't stay where i put it after loggig off and back on. it always shows up ~50 points lower on the screen with the entire bottom bar offscreen.

I tried moving it higher than i wanted assumig a sony issue. when i camped and came back the window was where i wanted it. ie lower than where i put it. but after camping and coming back again, it was again half offscreen.. once it is partially offscreen it never moves again on itsown though.
Unread 06-14-2005, 10:48 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

your problem is a sony issue, they bar never actually changes location (only size) so i dont see how it could continually move itself. the most likely cause is a corrupted charater ini file. however if someone knows different please say so.

EDIT: you may try this, http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2178
i no longer play eq2 so i have no way to test it, sorry
Quote:
I like your single line XP bar. I looked at how you did it in the UIBuilder. Nice work. Is it possible to get the Tradeskill Exp % (TExp%) to display with 2 decimal places so that 3/4% would be 0.75% and not 0.8%?
unfortunately sony does not send the data for that, all they send is to the tenths place

Last edited by taco-man : 06-14-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Unread 06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
your problem is a sony issue, they bar never actually changes location (only size) so i dont see how it could continually move itself. the most likely cause is a corrupted charater ini file.
definately not. since i moved servers i had no character file. but to be safe i deleted all my character .ini's tonight and set my screen up yet again.

the entire xp window moves down until it's nearly half off te screen. has anyone seen anything like this?

i know you do't play taco-man, jsut figured if anyone knew about the problem this would be the thread to post on.
Unread 06-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Try placing you ui peices where u want them. Then go to ur ui_cahr.ini file and write protect it. I fixed my backs moving around like that. You just have to recall to unwrite protect it when u change ui's or make changes to ur current layout. *not that I didn't remeber* lol ok I did..
Unread 06-19-2005, 09:46 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
your problem is a sony issue, they bar never actually changes location (only size) so i dont see how it could continually move itself. the most likely cause is a corrupted charater ini file. however if someone knows different please say so.

EDIT: you may try this, http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2178
i no longer play eq2 so i have no way to test it, sorry

unfortunately sony does not send the data for that, all they send is to the tenths place
ok i played with this some more.

If i have the Frame set to None or Frame only, this works perfectly. it stays where it was put when i log out and back in.

If i set it to Frame & Title bar so i can see the full UI, that's when it does not stay where it was put upon logging out and back in. I'm honest i don't know much about the UI builder, so if anyone else who does wants to check this out great. if not i guess i'll have to find a different mod.
Unread 07-13-2005, 03:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani
If i have the Frame set to None or Frame only, this works perfectly. it stays where it was put when i log out and back in.

If i set it to Frame & Title bar so i can see the full UI, that's when it does not stay where it was put upon logging out and back in.
same here. i also experience the same problem with a brand new char (no existing char.ini).
Unread 07-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
The Default UI and these mods are only designed to show the Gem and Markers if you actually have Vitality in the Tradeskill Generally there is not Vitality until you get above Level 3 in Tradskill, if you roll over the TS Part of the Bar does it show you are getting Vitality in the Tooltip?
I don't do much tradeskilling, but I am at lvl 5, and I know for a fact that I have 100% TS vitality, but I still get nothing at all. even with the default ui... I'm also working on my own experience bar, and I'd like this to work. If anyone has any clues for me please let me know.

Edit: I just looked into this and it seems that at lvl 5 you have vitality, but for some reason the markers don;t show up. I logged on as a couple of my wife's characters on her computer and her lvl 32 Alchemist had the markers, but her lvl 5 artisan didn't. Both had vitality though... Sounds like a Sony thing to me...

Last edited by Mahonri : 07-18-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Well I'm having a problem with all of it. I love the looks of these bars and would really like to see the vitality portion, however, nothing works on my screen. I installed it like the install instructions says to do but nothing. Here is what i did:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

How do I install a custom interface?
Currently the interface command /loadui works in a sense it loads the custom interface but if you use it your interface will not work correctly. So here are the steps to use for now to load a custom interface and have it work.

Current Install Steps:
Download the interface you wish to use
Make a new folder with any name BUT with no spaces or special charaters (example: bobsui) in the UI folder that is inside your Everquest II directory.
Unzip the xml, dds, tga (dds,tga's must be in a images sub-folder) files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this. %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\jillsui\*.xml (wrong) | %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\*.xml (correct)
If you are going to use multiple interface peices just unzip all of them into the same folder.
Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:
Code:
cl_ui_skinname bobsui
cl_ui_subdir UI/Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)
Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

But part of my problem is that even without this mode added I still can't get over the fact that my xp bar is the only window that doesnt allow me to set the frame and title together. My only options are either none or frame only. Is there something I can do to fix this? If anyone can help please say so as I astounded by this.

Aka Charac - Twilek
EQ2 Player
Unread 01-06-2006, 01:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

NM, I figured it out. When I installed the EQ2 MAP interface the install made a EQ2 config file all I needed to do was add the new lines for the additional folder where the xp bar files were. Thanks anyway.

However, I still have the problem of not having the ability of selecting Frames and title, all i get is none or frame only. If someone could help with this I would appreciate it.

Aka Charac - Twilek
EQ2 Player

Last edited by Megatron808 : 01-06-2006 at 01:03 AM.