EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 04-08-2005, 09:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

There's 1 slight problem in beta 8 that I would be thrilled to see fixed or be told how to add it myself. In the unskinned default UI when you create items there's a checkbox to make it suppress the popups for the future creation of items, there's also this same checkbox on the merchant sell window so you can set certain objects to be non sellable (so blunder heads like me dont sell their backpacks )

Please Talyns, can we get a quick fix for this?: )

Oh and one other question, are there any plans in the future for skinning the tradeskill window?

Thanks a ton for an awesome ui!

Last edited by Tynee : 04-08-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Unread 04-08-2005, 01:33 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynee
There's 1 slight problem in beta 8 that I would be thrilled to see fixed or be told how to add it myself. In the unskinned default UI when you create items there's a checkbox to make it suppress the popups for the future creation of items, there's also this same checkbox on the merchant sell window so you can set certain objects to be non sellable (so blunder heads like me dont sell their backpacks )

Please Talyns, can we get a quick fix for this?: )

Oh and one other question, are there any plans in the future for skinning the tradeskill window?

Thanks a ton for an awesome ui!
Hmm.. That stuff should be in there..
I'm sure I tested the don't sell check box before uploading.. I didn't test the other one but I skinned the examine windows from scratch so it should be there.. I will check out what's up when I get a chance..

I plan on skinning all windows that are visible "ingame".. The trade skill window is huge.. Like 4 or 5 windows in one.. I've been dreading doing that one..
It's one of the few remaining windows I have left to do so it will be "soon"..
Unread 04-08-2005, 04:08 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Thanks for all the hard work on this, Talyns.

Just one problem so far, I don't actually seem to be able to receive mail with your skinned version of eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml.

Sixes.

Edit: On opening the window, double-click on a mail does not work. If, however, you go to the Send tab and focus on one of the input boxes, switching back to the Inbox tab then allows you to open incoming mail. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sixes : 04-09-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Unread 04-08-2005, 05:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Still loving this UI. Is there anyway to make chat windows remeber which state you wnt them in? (no scroll, chat only, etc) They reset at login now.
Unread 04-09-2005, 01:44 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk
Thumbs Up

Quote:
I plan on skinning all windows that are visible "ingame".. The trade skill window is huge.. Like 4 or 5 windows in one.. I've been dreading doing that one..
if it's not asking too much, could ya make this slim and trim/reduced/condensed? i'll be happy with anything you whip up, but this would be super.
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great UI but I have a small problem.

With default or other UIs I have a maintained effects window (shows debuffs on mobs too). I think that is what the window is called, anyway. On your UI, nothing. ALT-M doesn't bring anything up at all.
Unread 04-10-2005, 07:56 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Couple of other observations:

1) On the friends list, you cannot read what you are inputting to add a friend. Highlighting it works though so I'd guess it's black text on a black background.

2) There's no autodrop area on you inventory window, as far as I can see. This is new on the default skin and would be very useful on yours.

Many thanks,
Sixes.
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:00 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Red face

Talyns,

I noticed that the mini guild xp window has the guild name, but my character's lvl...is it possible to get the guild's lvl there instead? my lvl is already taunting me from various other places in the UI.

soo happy otherwise!
Unread 05-01-2005, 06:05 AM
A Griffon

Ellyana: Sorry no.. But you can download one of the mods to change the default layout of all the chat windows..

DennicC13: Maybe they were pulled off the screen some how.. only thing I can think of to fix that is delete your servername_charname_uisettings.ini file in the main eq2 folder

New version incoming beta 8b..
Things I remember doing:
-- Dunno how I missed the examine window checkbox.. I added it
-- Fixed the mail and community window issues..
-- Added Autodrop area to inventory window..
-- Added tier dropdown to market window..
-- Fixed issue with things not staying in the right spot when resizing journal..
-- fixed quest helper to so it's not highlighted
-- fixed it so tradeskill class and level is showed when ts experience is shown
-- changed tooltips to have grey border
-- guild exp window should show guild level now sorry
-- Basic skinning of the tradeskills windows..
-- skinned popup_setpricestatus.xml
-- skinned popup_rewardpack.xml
-- skinned popup_zoneteleporter.xml
-- skinned hud_choice.xml
-- skinned mainhud_radialmenu.xml
-- skinned mainhud_shutdown.xml
-- skinned proxyactor.xml (to changes signs)
Unread 05-01-2005, 10:13 AM
A Berserk Golem

didn't notice it posted but did you make changes to the pet window? I know they redid the commands some so you skinned box no longer works, I had to go back to default. But other then that, nothing big stands out. Thanks!
Unread 05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
A Brown Bear

WOW I love this Mod !!
Since this is the bug report area here is what I have found.
Pet window:
1. The pets health % doesnt change when pet gets hit
2. The transparency of windows do not stay after logging
3. Locking windows dont work ( They become unlocked after logging)
4. Chat windows not saving correctly (No scroll No imput ect)

Love the UI and will continue to use it. Keep up the great work.
5 out of 5 Nana's =)
Unread 05-02-2005, 02:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemotem
WOW I love this Mod !!
Since this is the bug report area here is what I have found.
Pet window:
1. The pets health % doesnt change when pet gets hit
2. The transparency of windows do not stay after logging
3. Locking windows dont work ( They become unlocked after logging)
4. Chat windows not saving correctly (No scroll No imput ect)

Love the UI and will continue to use it. Keep up the great work.
5 out of 5 Nana's =)
As far as I know, the chat windows won't save. This is because Talyns uses a template that reassigns windows positions (within the chat window). The only way, as far as I know, to get something to save on exit, would be to pump stuff through the titlebar and frames page. Rather difficult to explain, but the chat windows are not, er, "coded" to save like that.
Unread 05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I'm not sure if it's on my end or something funky with the UI, but when using the broker, when i do a sort and hit "find", it closes my broker window. Now, i CAN use it from my market board with no issues

any ideas?

Unread 05-04-2005, 12:31 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Pet window problems

The pet window doesnt show the power of my pet but the power of myself Not a big issue but still a bug.
Unread 05-04-2005, 01:22 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepywillow
I'm not sure if it's on my end or something funky with the UI, but when using the broker, when i do a sort and hit "find", it closes my broker window. Now, i CAN use it from my market board with no issues

any ideas?

Mine does the same thing if I'm not close enough to the broker. You need to be close enough to get the dialog from the broker even though you can open the window from further away.
Feebb
Unread 05-04-2005, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I use the player / target windows that look more like the default UI's. I noticed after the patch today that once the hp or power bars in either window goes down, the bar becomes so dark it's almost black, and next to impossible to see.
Unread 05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

After LU8 the heath bars for target, player, and group windows go from yellow to black if they are less than full. The casting bar is doing similar starting off at yellow then goes black as you cast.
Unread 05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default My color on a couple windows are all greyed out

After todays patch I noticed that the color for health,mana,and progress become grey when not full....Is there something wrong here?
Unread 05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchous
After todays patch I noticed that the color for health,mana,and progress become grey when not full....Is there something wrong here?
I'm sure Talyns discovered this himself, and is working on a fix. Please give him some time.
Unread 05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feebb
Mine does the same thing if I'm not close enough to the broker. You need to be close enough to get the dialog from the broker even though you can open the window from further away.
Feebb

hmmm, i usually am sitting on top of him...lol in any case, it's working today regardless of where i'm standing thanks for the input tho Feebb!

NOW, i have the health/mana/casting etc freaking out like everyone else and i can't access any bag that is in the 6th bag slot /shrug...waiting patiently for talyns to work his magic.
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:39 AM
A Griffon

Live Update 8 notes:

Haven't really had a chance to play with it, just logged on real quick to see whats up with the progress bars..

They seemed to have messed up my progress bar style.. I think it's a bug in the client but am not 100% sure.. http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2838
I will work on getting a patch out to work around the progress bar "bug" but the bars background won't change color with the bar
I will also check if anything else needs changing..

For now everyone should delete EQ2UI_Mainhud_Guild.xml from your TabletsII Folder..

SleepyWillow: I will check out the 6th slot thingy.. Have you tried to hit the Open_All_Bags key they gave us a while back?
Unread 05-05-2005, 01:53 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
Live Update 8 notes:

Haven't really had a chance to play with it, just logged on real quick to see whats up with the progress bars..

They seemed to have messed up my progress bar style.. I think it's a bug in the client but am not 100% sure.. http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2838
I will work on getting a patch out to work around the progress bar "bug" but the bars background won't change color with the bar
I will also check if anything else needs changing..

For now everyone should delete EQ2UI_Mainhud_Guild.xml from your TabletsII Folder..

SleepyWillow: I will check out the 6th slot thingy.. Have you tried to hit the Open_All_Bags key they gave us a while back?

yep, i've tried everything...closest i've come to getting it to open is to play around with opening and closing bags and moving em around when they are open, but as soon as you plop a bag in that last slot, it just poofs. inventory window says it's there, if you place it in any of the other slots, it opens with all it's contents intact (phew) but otherwise, it's gone...and yet it's still there.
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:43 PM
A Griffon

Sleepy: Everything works ok on my end.. It sounds like the bag was pushed off screen.. Only thing I can think of to get it back is to rename YourServername_yourcharname_uisettings.ini in your main EQ2 folder to something else/.
Reload eq2 and login and a new one will be generated.. You'll have to resetup your layout but it should get your bag back..

I will see about adding DB's Stayput technique to my bags incase they are floating on logout/login..
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:56 PM
A Griffon

Default Progressbar workaround

Here's a t_Styles.xml that will workaround the progressbar bugs and make them more visible for now.. However they will have a transparent background.. I'm still hoping they fix the progressbars.. I don't believe that was an intended change.. If it is intended; I will go back and add grey background bars to all the gauges.. I will wait 1 maybe 2 days before doing this in hopes of a quick fix from SOE.. I will get a new version up soon after that

Just copy the download of the attached file to your TabletsII folder.

The only other UI Breaking change is the guild window.. Workaround for that is to delete EQ2UI_Mainhud_Guild.xml from your tabletsII folder and use default guild window for now..

Note to download attachment to a folder right-click it and choose "save target as" (Might be different wording in firefox)
Attached Files
File Type: xml t_Styles.xml (46.5 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 05-06-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Unread 05-06-2005, 12:49 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
Sleepy: Everything works ok on my end.. It sounds like the bag was pushed off screen.. Only thing I can think of to get it back is to rename YourServername_yourcharname_uisettings.ini in your main EQ2 folder to something else/.
Reload eq2 and login and a new one will be generated.. You'll have to resetup your layout but it should get your bag back..

I will see about adding DB's Stayput technique to my bags incase they are floating on logout/login..

thanks much for your quick look into this. i was noticing earlier that my alt didn't have any issues so i'm thinking that i can just copy and rename to my main's, right? This is actually the first time i've had any issues with my bags losing their settings by more than a fraction of an inch here and there, but the stay put technique would be spiffy. i love this UI and cry at the idea of having to revert back to default, ever, even temporarily