EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Right now

Just uploaded a fix for the store window.
I see a few minor cosmetic issues that I will resolve once I get out of work today.

Just run your ThorUI AU again and it should pull down the latest version.
Let me know if you see any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibal
I have read and see your working on this issue, but not seeing anyone saying they are having problems with words being cut off in the search window.
Example:

I am looking for items, I see the whole list of items for sale but half the words are being cut off. ( this is from my board inside my room)
Any idea how long before a fix where I can search for items from board inside room? Typing in single items to update my items for sale is a major pain! LOL!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Can do a search now, but letters/words still showing cut off, Thanks!
Unread 11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Ok, store window should be 100%
Note: I included my version of Pooka's setprice mod as part of the store mod

Post those bug reports on it now.

I'm moving on to other items now...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-11-2005, 10:20 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock
Default hot bar

i knowticed that my hot bar goes from 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8>9>1 (has two ones thats not the same one) should go 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8>9>10 is it just me or is that a coding error?
Unread 11-11-2005, 11:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up Working good now

Store window seems to be working great now Still very bottom of words are cut off, but not a issue really. Great job and big thanks for all the work!
Unread 11-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

The 0 is getting cut off of the 10
This is on my to do list but is minor compaired to all the other stuff so will have to wait for now as it's purely cosmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsmstroble
i knowticed that my hot bar goes from 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8>9>1 (has two ones thats not the same one) should go 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8>9>10 is it just me or is that a coding error?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Could you load up a screeny so I can see what you're referencing.

Quote:
Store window seems to be working great now Still very bottom of words are cut off, but not a issue really. Great job and big thanks for all the work!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-12-2005, 03:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default no helmet

thank for sorting the problem with the start button but now have another little problem with it. the show hood/ helmet does not show once taken off will not reappear thanks.
Unread 11-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Did you attempt to drag the window out on the sides?
One of the improvements I made was to allow resizing.

Quote:
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks, SOE changed how that works. (Added the feature to the persona window.)
I'll be working to see if I can resolve it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediba
thank for sorting the problem with the start button but now have another little problem with it. the show hood/ helmet does not show once taken off will not reappear thanks.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-12-2005, 08:48 PM
A Brown Bear

The only thing I notices was that the Talyn's Minimap is no longer working.
Unread 11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=367

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGnome
The only thing I notices was that the Talyn's Minimap is no longer working.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-13-2005, 04:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I can not see any up or down arrows on my target. I had this problem with other UI's I have tried in the past, not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I tried to expand the window, but it doesnt expand.
Unread 11-13-2005, 10:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Ahh okay didn't know the Talyn Minimap was a part of that. Thought it was something seperate since it was in the ThorAU =)
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagada1
I can not see any up or down arrows on my target. I had this problem with other UI's I have tried in the past, not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I tried to expand the window, but it doesnt expand.
There are two ways to view how the mobs /con to you, those being with the arrows / carets ( ^^ ) and those fancy brackets on either side of the name.

There's a button on the EQ2menu/Start button which allows you to toggle which way you want to use ( I think it's like three or four over from the right ).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thank you for replying to their post Lazau5.
This just got me thinking....
Should I move the button to the target window?
Seems like it would be more intuitive there.

Let me know what you all think...

Also on another subject, I updated the hotkey/hotbar number space available so the 0 on 10 shouldn't be cutoff on screens using smooth fonts.

I'm also contemplating moving all the extra info in the journal window to the help window instead.
This would clear up the quest journal and make the help window the one stop shop for all help related items. Just a thought at this point but let me know what you all think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
There are two ways to view how the mobs /con to you, those being with the arrows / carets ( ^^ ) and those fancy brackets on either side of the name.

There's a button on the EQ2menu/Start button which allows you to toggle which way you want to use ( I think it's like three or four over from the right ).
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-14-2005, 04:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Inventory

Hello first I want to thank u for this Great UI

Now i have a question.Since LU16 my Inventory dosent show all rows.
I mean i dont see neck and the complete Armor row.
I use ur autoupdater is this a thing that i must change in the optins or it is buggy.

Please help and sorry for my bad english im from germany and my english not so good.
Unread 11-14-2005, 04:52 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLoathing
Hello first I want to thank u for this Great UI

Now i have a question.Since LU16 my Inventory dosent show all rows.
I mean i dont see neck and the complete Armor row.
I use ur autoupdater is this a thing that i must change in the optins or it is buggy.

Please help and sorry for my bad english im from germany and my english not so good.
Click the circle in the upper left corner, and the inventory window will be expanded to show all the slots.

Unread 11-14-2005, 04:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Oh man Great Thank u a lot for this fast help i must be blind.
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:09 AM
A Griffon

Quote:

I'm also contemplating moving all the extra info in the journal window to the help window instead.
This would clear up the quest journal and make the help window the one stop shop for all help related items. Just a thought at this point but let me know what you all think.

I, personally, think this info should be left where it is, for a couple reasons.
a) How long has it been where it is, undisturbed?
b) It's nice to have that information right there where it is relevant (quest-related info in the quest journal)

There's my 1/2cp ( I'm too poor to afford the full 2cp :P ) on the matter

Unread 11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Thank you for replying to their post Lazau5.
This just got me thinking....
Should I move the button to the target window?
Seems like it would be more intuitive there.

Let me know what you all think...

Also on another subject, I updated the hotkey/hotbar number space available so the 0 on 10 shouldn't be cutoff on screens using smooth fonts.

On the first issue, I think that it would be good if that button was moved to the target window, as it would allow for mode swapping much more easilly.

On the issue with the quest journal, I think it's best left where it is, since it's very helpful to have all that quest info a <designated journal key> away.

A thing that I havn't been able to find yet is a mod that places a button that goes directly to the help window, which would be very useful....perhaps a future addition to the AU?
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:58 AM
A Grove Wisp

Lightbulb

First I wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE your GUI - I even posted direct links to this thread on my own guild website for all to see how wonderful and helpful it is!

I have a small request/bug fix though that deals more with the auto updater than the gui itself.

For my request, would it be possible to make a button directly on the auto-updater that brings us directly to this site/thread? I only just now realized the title does it too but it would be nice to have a button right there on the updater. I know it's not a big thing, but it would be really nice for the less inclined folks like myself.

The possible bug: when I go to Options-About and then click on the link "EQ2interface.com" I'm taken to an error page that re-uses the same window that the link was originally in. Once there, the error page has a link I can click " http://thorui.thorsparks.com/ " . When I click that link I am taken to what appears to be a test page. It's not really a BIG but just thought maybe that link should be fixed - and as an addition, could it be directed to open a new window instead of re-using the current one?

Great job all around, keep up the great work!
Unread 11-14-2005, 06:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

First off - LOVE the UI. Thanks so much for all the work you and the other modders put into it! I just started playing again after 10 months, and was very happy to find this UI. After playing EQ1 and always having to edit my own xml after updates because of slow authors, your auto-update is simply amazing! I also like that you can preview features before getting in game.

There are a few things I've noticed that I'm not sure if they're intended or bugs. I sincerely apologize if any of this is repeated. 16 pages is rather intimidating. *grin*

1 - When you open a new chat window by right clicking the window and pushing "New Chat Window" (as opposed to using tabs), the new window has no option to resize or move. The same thing happens if you try to move a tab out into it's own window away from the main chat window - it becomes stuck wherever you place it.

2 - There doesn't seem to be slots for food and drink in any of the inventory windows. I could equip food by right clicking it, but couldn't find where to un-equip it. I use different drink depending on what I'm doing, so the only remedy I found was to equip summoned drink when I'm online and don't want to waste the good stuff.

3 - There seems to be a bug when moving with your recipe window open. I would lag out and "warp" when trying to move. It would immediately be fine if I closed the window.

Also regarding this feature, I LOVE the sorting filter! Would there be any way to add a search function so that you could search for a certain recipe?

4 - The compass window seems to take up a LOT of room surrounding the compass. If the compass was on top of my screen, I could not click anything that was "beneath" it in a layered sense (I put my clock right next to it, for example, and couldn't move the clock even though both were clearly visible), without moving the compass, moving the other window, moving the compass back, and moving the other window where I wanted it. There seems to be a lot of "dead space" surrounding the compass for a couple of inches on each side. I hope that was clear, it's hard to explain.

5 - Regarding the Heritage quest info - I like it just where it is. I agree with the others that it's appropriate in the Journal because it's quest related. This is a feature my husband and I both adore, since we're so far behind after not playing for so long. All of your notes and quest info ROCK!!

*EDIT* Oh yeah, forgot an important thing!!

6 - The support ticket window in Help does not have a scroll bar. I'd submitted a ticket last night, and when I logged on this morning I had a CS response. However, I could not scroll down the window to view it. I had to un-install the help feature, use the default to see my ticket, then re-install it for all the cool info in yours!

Last edited by Keliae : 11-14-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliae
2 - There doesn't seem to be slots for food and drink in any of the inventory windows. I could equip food by right clicking it, but couldn't find where to un-equip it. I use different drink depending on what I'm doing, so the only remedy I found was to equip summoned drink when I'm online and don't want to waste the good stuff.
I believe if you click on the little circle on the upper left hand corner of your innovatory window it will open up to reveal additional slots - including food and drink (at least it does for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliae
5 - Regarding the Heritage quest info - I like it just where it is. I agree with the others that it's appropriate in the Journal because it's quest related. This is a feature my husband and I both adore, since we're so far behind after not playing for so long. All of your notes and quest info ROCK!!
I agree, I think Journal is the appropriate place for this as well. I would like to add something to this though (and I too didn't read all 16 pages - just wanted to let ya know up front) I saw in the update notes that some of the heritage quests have been altered - will this info get updated in the GUI as well?
Unread 11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
I believe if you click on the little circle on the upper left hand corner of your innovatory window it will open up to reveal additional slots - including food and drink (at least it does for me).
I can't find food and drink slots in any of the 3 different inventories. Maybe I'm blind. =(