EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-22-2005, 10:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mod Corrections!

Small observations on last mod update:
1. The right-hand border and background do not liine up correctly on the store window.
2. Under the market window, the 'Item Name' window will only take a limited number of characters, in that case you cannot search specifically for some long named items.
3. Several mods have been posted to allow the enter key to be used for searches, on the market window. This would be a great addition.

Best mod on the site. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Aatiin

Last edited by Aatiin : 02-22-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Unread 02-22-2005, 10:52 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqrg
You have the option of doing this look in the mod directory
yea right after I posted that I found it... I targed :P

Unread 02-23-2005, 12:04 AM
A Grove Wisp

Just installed new patch... now getting odd message everytime i mouse over the xp bar...

"Usage: /tellchannel <channelname> <message>"

just thought that this seemed kinda odd... ??maybe something from your testing.???
Unread 02-23-2005, 01:00 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottden2000
Just installed new patch... now getting odd message everytime i mouse over the xp bar...

I am getting this same message, kind of annoying. Also happens when changing experience bar from reg to tradeskill.
Unread 02-25-2005, 11:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

confirmed as well .. i get this message everytime the pointer is passed over the xp bar ...

Also ..is there a command i have to type to get the implied window to open? doesnt seem to be working for me.
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:25 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol
I really enjoy this mod. It is clean and offers all kinds of information at the main screen.

A few questions/suggestions though.

Are there any plans to mod the guild window and/or the tradeskill window?
If you plan on modding the guildwindow, do you think you could make it with horizontal lines between each name? as well as vertical lines between each of the sections?
I will get around to the guild window eventually.. And all the other windows eventually.

I will see what I can do with the grid effect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol
Also in another forum I saw someone ask about the possability of have a small window with the guild info displayed. Like guildlevel, guild xp. current guild status and maybe number of members online.
I can make a window like this but most likely the numbers will not update correctly.. All that data except the gauge is pushed data.. Meaning the only way to move it is by making a label and copying it from the guild window in one of the "On" events (ex. OnHoverIn)..

I do like the "docking" Idea some other UI's are using.. I may be able to make the guild window dock into a small window with some or all of that information in there.. However my guild disbanded and I have no way to test my work

Quote:
I saw another mod that did have ammo slot visible on the main screen. Not all that important but a very nice feature. Any plans on adding such a thing?
I will look into this to eventually

Quote:
It is a very kickass mod. Very good work. Looking forward to any of the additions you guys add to it. Specially interested in the other fantasy colors. Red, green, blue... maybe yellow but with the same marble background
Someone else suggested an orange flavored non-fantasy look.. The only problem is it makes a lot of the text unreadable.. Maybe off in the future I will add these colors but for now both sets will have the colors that are available now.. Also more colors makes it harder to update when there is a graphical change..

Thanks for the suggestions and comments though.. Sorry about, eventually, answers.. I honestly don't know when I can get around to them..
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siosena
Would it be possible to change the broker window in a way that the buy button isnt near to an other button? Im sometimes not hitting the small buttons with my mousearrow.
Changed the broker window some.. I moved the page buttons so no buttons are near the buy button..

I will attach a patch in a later post..

Thanks for your comments!
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatiin
Small observations on last mod update:
1. The right-hand border and background do not liine up correctly on the store window.
2. Under the market window, the 'Item Name' window will only take a limited number of characters, in that case you cannot search specifically for some long named items.
3. Several mods have been posted to allow the enter key to be used for searches, on the market window. This would be a great addition.

Best mod on the site. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Aatiin
1. I have no idea what was happening to the store window.. It looked ok until it was resized then it got all funky, even in the UI builder.. Anyway I fixed it..

2. That's normal behaviour.. I checked the default and it only lets me enter like 28 or 29 chars (Depending on chars).. Mine was like 26 chars.. Was because now it takes more charecters than default UI.. Forgot how many though..

3. Added this feature.. Forgot to add that the first time around.. I meant to, honestly

Thanks for your observations and comments!
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottden2000

just thought that this seemed kinda odd... ??maybe something from your testing.???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasriel
I am getting this same message, kind of annoying. Also happens when changing experience bar from reg to tradeskill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trench
confirmed as well .. i get this message everytime the pointer is passed over the xp bar ...

Also ..is there a command i have to type to get the implied window to open? doesnt seem to be working for me.
I fixed this as well and will be in the patch I attach in a post a little later today..

EQ2UI Script doesn't like scripts like this:
'TradeskillExp.Vitality.Opacity'='0'

I changed the scripts to use floating point numbers like:
'TradeskillExp.Vitality.Opacity'='0.000'

Trench:
I think the command is /toggleimpliedtargetwindow but not 100% sure off hand.. You can also set a "hotkey" under the option window in game..
Unread 03-03-2005, 03:20 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default Thanks!

Talyns,

Really appreciate all the work you and the other contributors to this project and its mods have done. My gaming experience has been drastically imrpoved by Tablets II and the sheer number of included mods in the main download.

Keep up the great work!
Unread 03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the encouragement Jericho

I feel guilty sometimes when I can't get here for a week(s) at a time and update my work or progress of work.. I would like to say that everybody gets the windows I mod right after I mod them and do atleast some limited testing on them..

I also want to say:
There were tons of mods that were requested and I had progress on a few when my hard drive crashed a while back.. Life Happens etc.. Anyway.. I let the list slip from my mind.. I remember some things I looked at or said I would look at but definently can't remember every requested mod.. Sooner or Later, when I get more time, I will start a thread for mod request.. But don't stop posting them here too.. Your ideas might make it into the main package.. Or be simple enough that I can knock it off real quick..

To relieve my guilt and maybe someone's curiousity!
An explanation on why I've been neglecting the UI:
My rather young(5yrs) Dog died right before christmas.. A little under a month later we(my family) adopted a stray or castout dog (about 1 year old) from an animal shelter.. He had a split paw and worms.. Needed a lot of attention.. Still needs attention.. Very neurotic dog.. Afraid of everything.. Probably had a rough life until now..

And 1 week ago we took a puppy (1 out of 10)..
She was kept in a wire kennel with her brothers and sisters.. She has an infection in her glands from eating thier poo .. Poor puppy needs pills and eyedrops 3 times a day.. Nursing, Housebreaking, and basic obedience training takes the majority of the time I have for the everquest now.. I hear she sleeps alot but not when I'm home watching after her

Not to mention.. I've been working alot.. I take all the hours I can and weekends for the OT..

Wow.. Ok.. I'm done.. LOL..
Unread 03-03-2005, 06:18 PM
A Griffon

I attached another patch.. Fixes the problems with exp windows and store windows described in previous posts and changes the market window layout some..

Also adds/fixes the Experience windows with no blue bar mods.. You'll have to copy them from mods folder..

Requires the previous patch from here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=386

Just unzip it to your tablets 2 folder and overwrite all..
You will have to recopy any experience mod you use if you use any..
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tablets_021705_Patch2.zip (15.6 KB, 256 views)
Unread 03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
A Griffon

I really wanted the slashing crushing and piercing stats on my persona window, so I added them... here is the xml file
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (24.4 KB, 220 views)

Unread 03-04-2005, 11:50 PM
A Griffon

Findrato: Cool I will check it out when I get some time

I have made a skin for the EQ2MAP Mod.

It currently looks like this:

I changed it so that it displays your current location, in the quib location finder, when you are not hovering over it with the mouse..

Also set it up so it switches between Minimized/Restored state with the 'M' key.. To close use the close button in the upper right hand corner of window

To Install:
1. Install The EQ2 Map mod from http://maps.eq2interface.com to your tabletsII folder..
2. Unzip Skin to TabletsII folder and overwrite all..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	1625  
Attached Files
File Type: zip TabletsII_EQ2Map_Skin_Beta_1.zip (3.6 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 03-05-2005 at 03:46 AM.
Unread 03-05-2005, 01:58 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default help with target window

this is probably a super noob questions but im not seeing some info on the target windows,

1. the ^^ arrows and solo or group info doesnt show up on target window, only over the mobs head.

2. when targeting a player it shows their level but not their class.

what am i missing here?
Unread 03-05-2005, 03:36 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferrazzano
this is probably a super noob questions but im not seeing some info on the target windows,

1. the ^^ arrows and solo or group info doesnt show up on target window, only over the mobs head.

2. when targeting a player it shows their level but not their class.

what am i missing here?

Hmm sounds like you are using an old target window..

Did you install my last two patches?

The One here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=369
And Here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=387

Sorry I haven't gotten around to updating the downloads section..
Unread 03-05-2005, 04:12 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
I have made a skin for the EQ2MAP Mod.
Looks brilliant and is coded exactly as I had hoped mod authors would do. My only suggestion is to use the window_backdrop.xml OnEvent to place the options button and not include a modified window_options.xml so users could use that XML for other optional functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
I changed it so that it displays your current location, in the quib location finder, when you are not hovering over it with the mouse..

Also set it up so it switches between Minimized/Restored state with the 'M' key.. To close use the close button in the upper right hand corner of window
Both are very awesome features and well implemented. Gonna have to see how you made the second thing work, I can't even think of how you did it off the top of my head.

Quib
Unread 03-07-2005, 12:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
I will start a thread for mod request.. But don't stop posting them here too.. Your ideas might make it into the main package.. Or be simple enough that I can knock it off real quick..
When you do manage to get a little free time from work and the critters, do you think you can make a mod that will incorporate Quib's store search button into this UI?

As always, thanks so much for being so generous with what free time you do have, to work on this UI for all of us.
Unread 03-07-2005, 01:00 AM
A Griffon

Work and critters are gone this weekend come back tomorrow.. Was so nice to get a break..

Sorry I didn't work on tablets at all.. I got wrapped up in seeing how the eq2map mod works internally.. And, I'm working with the eq2map team to hopefully incorporate some form of a minimap feature.. Will make the most useful mod on the site more useful!! And I will be able to give it all a tablets skin..

I will be adding that as a default feature.. I still haven't seen it in action just read about on the forums..
Unread 03-09-2005, 10:46 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Sorry if this has been answered before, there's quite a few pages to this thread hehe. How come this UI is still considered "beta"? I mean lots of the mods in the released section get updates as needed, but they're still pretty much working mods that captured the ideas of their creator.
What has kept you from moving to the released section and taking down the "beta" from Tablets II?

BTW, I was an avid user of Tablets in EQ1
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:21 AM
A Griffon

Hello Eloora.. I remember..

I basically leave it in beta because not all the windows are skinned and modified yet.. It's more of a pain in EQ2.. I didn't have to skin every window in EQ1.. Just had to skin the window pieces.. Edit: I'm not complaining, just explaining.. I like the eq2 ui system much more..

There is also scripting capabilities (Which I'm sure a junkie like you know about) that people learn new things about evey day.. There are a few things out there that I want to include.. (Like the one Rebaidah mentioned a couple post ago)..

Once all the windows are skinned I will probably change it to Release though.. Features can always be added through patches or mods..

Last edited by Talyns : 03-10-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Unread 03-12-2005, 11:31 PM
A Griffon

Added a little bit of niftyness to the invintory screen.

did it real quick and I suck with graphics but take a look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1808  Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory 2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1813  Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory 3.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1815  Click image for larger version

Name:	bags.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1816  

Last edited by Findarato : 03-13-2005 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Added a new image
Unread 03-15-2005, 04:36 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Added a little bit of niftyness to the invintory screen.

did it real quick and I suck with graphics but take a look
Looks pretty good for a quickie.. What is the icon for the activatable slot? Can't make it out.. Maybe change it to a potion vial or something? I really like the looks of the slot when something is equipped..

I enabled the new feature that Dolby just added to eq2interface.. It allows users to upload add-ons and patches for skins.. So feel free to upload it as an addon when you're done
Unread 03-15-2005, 04:42 AM
A Griffon

I uploaded a new version tonight..

Nothing really new in it if you already downloaded and applied the patches in the thread..

I did however strip the mods folder from the main dowload.. I will start uploading each one as a seperate add-on and give it a screenshot

I will start doing that very soon.. I can't do it while the file is waiting approval.. Gives me a chance to start taking screen shots.. Bleh

I'm getting reorganized to start working on this again.. I want to get all the windows skinned and put that release stamp on it! Then I will start working on features and more mods..

Edit: It's approved already.. Wow dolby's quick!!
Unread 03-15-2005, 10:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Beta 1

Great job on the UI. I've used Tablets since it was released for EQ1.I seem to have run into a bit of a problem however.I downloaded the newest version and installed it. It runs fine, but all my bars are a single color.This affects the XP bar, hp bar, and casting bar.They are all a single color, and in the case of the casting bar you cannot see it move while casting at all.I've downloaded the two patches you linked to, but neither one of those seem to help.If you have any suggestions on how to fix this I'd really appreciate it.Once again, great job on the UI =)