Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-10-2005, 04:13 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Oh, they just added that recently. Drop an item anywhere there's not a UI window (or in a click-through chat window) as a destroy shortcut.
Thanks for help in the thread Deathbane
Unread 02-10-2005, 04:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench
Talyns
Can you mix and match interface pieces with your set? Im asking cuz i want to use a smaller hotbar interface piece with your tablets set but Im not sure if it will work. Also .. is there a way to keep the location window open at all times ... every time i log back in the window is closed. Thanks in advance.

-Trench
You should be able too but it won't take on the look of my UI..
The compress hotkeys arent small enough? How many hotkeys you got going there

No way to save the zoneloc windows state or location..

I do want to redo the compass now to include zone name and location value.. Since they all work now.. Haven't had the time to play with it though..
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:01 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
This sounds like a problem with your image folder.. Did you copy the images from the patch archives images_grey folder to your images folder?
OK. Idiot user error. Works fine now.

Quote:
No way to save it but if you use all but one in chat only I suggest copying the contets of the ChatWindow_ChatOnly folder (in mods folder) to your main tablets folder.. That way you only have to change the layout of that one window.
Is it not possible to have two different types of chat window included? I've done the feedback.
Unread 02-10-2005, 09:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test

Quote:
I agree with the too busy statement.. I didn't like it either after a couple hours of play.. I thought vitality would drop much quicker..

I changed it some and will release it soon.. The vitality (top) gauges only show up on window HoverIn... I reversed the layout on debt% and vit%.. debt% to the right of gauge and vit% on gauge..
I'd be interested to see what you have there. I think my problem is I don't really care too much for a lot of numbers being on the bar itself as it makes it hard to see the bar. Whereas before we only had 1 number on the bar (exp %) now we've got 2. One on each end, plus the overhang.

Here is the current incarnation of my exp window that i've been toying with. It basicly moves the numbers down below the bar. The window's height is the same as a compressed hotbar's height so it fits well with them on the same line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tablets2_exp_1.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1158  
Unread 02-10-2005, 10:55 AM
A Griffon

Here is a new examine window that supports the new scrollbar for examining recipe books.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tablets2_examine_1.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1159  
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_examine.zip (3.2 KB, 253 views)
Unread 02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
I'd be interested to see what you have there. I think my problem is I don't really care too much for a lot of numbers being on the bar itself as it makes it hard to see the bar. Whereas before we only had 1 number on the bar (exp %) now we've got 2. One on each end, plus the overhang.

Here is the current incarnation of my exp window that i've been toying with. It basicly moves the numbers down below the bar. The window's height is the same as a compressed hotbar's height so it fits well with them on the same line.
Like it Agathorn! Can we have it?

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? "
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Like it Agathorn! Can we have it?
Sure. Its attached to this message. However it isn't completely finished and tuned as it was more a proof of concept.

Known issues:
1) The actual debt value is a tad too close to the Debt label.
2) Tradeskill exp has not been done and therefore will display as Tablets2 Default.

I'll fix those as soon as I get a chance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_experience.zip (1.9 KB, 300 views)
Unread 02-11-2005, 07:25 AM
A Sea Turtle

Again thanks to all of you that work on this interface. You make my gaming experience more enjoyable!

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? "
Unread 02-12-2005, 02:42 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes
OK. Idiot user error. Works fine now.

Is it not possible to have two different types of chat window included? I've done the feedback.
Nope no way to have two different chat windows included.. That's why I put the mod folders in there Sorry
Unread 02-12-2005, 02:57 AM
A Griffon

Quote:

Your not going to like my current reconfiguration then.. I thought you were talking busy with 3 gauges on there.. I attached my current exp window for you to see.. I don't mind the numbers on the ends of the bar.. I use the gauges as a quick indication of whats up.. The numbers are there for accuracy.

I like the looks of your mod.. It's a great alternative to mine
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_experience.zip (1.8 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 02-12-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Unread 02-12-2005, 02:58 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Here is a new examine window that supports the new scrollbar for examining recipe books.
Thanks missed that
Unread 02-12-2005, 03:08 AM
A Griffon

I just want every one to know that I'm laying off uploading a new beta version till the next patch.. Seems like they are working on UI as of late and now would be a good time to feed back for changes.. Like putting the MapPage in a CropPage inside map window and chat windows that allow you to remove scrollbar and input from window individual windows that is saved when you log out. Or even supported minimize/restore buttons..

Until then you can use the patch I attached a few post back:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/a...achmentid=1033

And Agathorn's examine.xml fix for scrollbars on recipe books is here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/a...achmentid=1165
Unread 02-12-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

I'll post a fix for the target bar here today then since that has changed so much it doesn't even work without modifications
Unread 02-12-2005, 11:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Would it be possible to get a mod that eliminates the thin blue bar in the gauges? When Sony first came out with it, it was a nice way to see your progression when exp started moving slower at the higher lvls, but now that we can have the ability to add the percentage numbers on the gauges I really prefer to eleminate that extra bar in the guages.
Unread 02-12-2005, 12:12 PM
A Griffon

Ok.. attached are a bunch of goodies.

First off i've updated my experience window slightly. Removed the labels since I really didin't need to know what was what, I already know Makes it less busy and I like it. I also finished it up so it works with TS exp as well. The screenshot is in fact in Tradeskill mode.

Next is a few windows i've been playing around with but never released them. I'm not sure anyone would find them useful but I figured what the heck.

The point of these windows was to make them the same width as the compressed hotkey bar so that the pieces would fit together better. I will be redoing these in the near future to make them not as high though. I thought I wanted them like this but theyre really too tall for my tastes. Someone may like it this way though so i'm releasing the "Full Height" ones now and when the lower height ones are done i'll release those as well.

The player window has the concentration moved over to the right in a vertical arrangement, the level and class added back in, and the GAME time and day added.

The target window and implied target window are identical except I put a lebl in implied so you don't get them mixed up They have a full size power bar plus power percentage readout. This expanded power info is very useful to my main as a Coercer.

Anyway i'll let the pictures do any further talking. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	exp.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1198  Click image for larger version

Name:	player.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1199  Click image for larger version

Name:	targets.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1200  
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_experience.zip (1.7 KB, 255 views)
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.zip (1.5 KB, 253 views)
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_player.zip (1.6 KB, 247 views)
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_target.zip (1.4 KB, 256 views)
Unread 02-12-2005, 12:20 PM
A Griffon

For Test Server Only at this time.

The changes to the targetting/con system broke the basic functionality of the Tablets 2 target bar. This new target bar is the same as Tablets 2 v7.1 but works with the new system currently on Test server.

NOTE: The new system on Test has two settings. New and Classic. This works under the classic system, which basicly means it is the same as your used to all this time. I have NOT updated the target bar to use the new and improved system because personally I hate it.

Basically this just restores the original functionality. Due to the changes the target bar had to be redone to get and display the right data.

To use this you will need to set your "con_version" in game. To do this (and from what i've seen you only have to do it once unless you delete your settings) simply log in and type "/con_version 0".

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_target.zip (1.4 KB, 254 views)
Unread 02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default Patch issues

I knew to expect problems with the con_version 1 with the patch and with the implied targeting.

I'm also having problems with tabbed chat windows, can anyone else confirm? I cannot get it to go into tabbed mode to save my life with a fresh copy of my default UI and Tablets Beta 7 overlaid onto it.

<<>>EDIT<<>>

Ok, I obviously forgot beta 7 required the patch to utilize the tabbed chat windows. My bad. Please disregard!

Last edited by Jerhico : 02-18-2005 at 03:43 AM.
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:26 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

any official update on the way?

Unread 02-20-2005, 12:14 PM
A Griffon

Yes! Sorry took so long been very busy lately.. Didn't get to look at it till yesterday.. Logged in and my guild was disbanded.. Ohwell was fun while it lasted

Changes I remember:

Chat Window:
Scrollbar, ChannelButton,Tabs, and Inner Frames now fade with the Frame even if frame isn't displayed.. Making it possible to have 100% transparent chat windows again..

Statbars and Zoneloc window:
The statbars that are seperated from the letterbox and the zoneloc window should now save there locations.. You still need to use /show_window to show them..

Target and ImpliedTarget Windows:
Fixed v0 Targeting
Added v1 Targeting (No graphics, Added labels that show instead, Should be same as con color most of the time)

Examine Windows:
Fixed Added Scroll and Dot Templates where needed..

Regular Sized HotKeys and Bags:
Changed Slot(Key) size to 42,42.. Hotkey windows are now 512 pixels wide when in a 12x1 format.. Rescripted to resize correctly with new sizes..

Skinned a couple more windows.. Market(Broker), Store(YourStore), SetPrice, and WindowOptions

I also fixed/changed/add a few mods..
Fixed: The Chat Window Mods (note Chat_LikeDefaut mods are no longer supported)

Fixed: All The Target and ImpliedTarget Mods

Changed: Normal Hotkey Labels off and Bag Layout Mods to new slot sizes 42,42

Added: Agathorns Player and Experience windows to mods folder can be found in Player_Extra_Info_byAgathorn and Experience_NumbersUnderGauge_byAgathorn..

I will update the files and screenshots when I get some time..

I attached a patch, It includes the previous patch..
------------------------------------------
To Install:
------------------------------------------
*Everquest II shouldn't be running*
**Do not use /LoadUI !! It is currently broken**
1. Make a folder named TabletsII in your EQ2/UI Folder
2. Unzip Tablets_Beta_7 archive to TabletsII Folder..
2a. Unzip Attched Patch (Tablets_021705_Patch1.zip) to TabletsII Folder
3. Open TabletsII Folder
4. Right-Click one of the images folders(eg. images_blue), then Right-click rename
5. Rename it to Images
6. Open an empty Notepad and cut and paste code below into it
Code:
cl_ui_skinname TabletsII
cl_ui_subdir UI/
7. Save As EQ2.INI in your main EQ2 Folder
8. Load EQ2 and Login.. The UI should appear
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tablets_021705_Patch1.zip (149.0 KB, 312 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 02-20-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Unread 02-20-2005, 12:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebaidah
Would it be possible to get a mod that eliminates the thin blue bar in the gauges? When Sony first came out with it, it was a nice way to see your progression when exp started moving slower at the higher lvls, but now that we can have the ability to add the percentage numbers on the gauges I really prefer to eleminate that extra bar in the guages.
Easy Enough try one of these:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExpWindows_NoBlueBarsMods.zip (4.3 KB, 214 views)
Unread 02-20-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Ok.. attached are a bunch of goodies.

First off i've updated my experience window slightly. Removed the labels since I really didin't need to know what was what, I already know Makes it less busy and I like it. I also finished it up so it works with TS exp as well. The screenshot is in fact in Tradeskill mode.

Next is a few windows i've been playing around with but never released them. I'm not sure anyone would find them useful but I figured what the heck.

The point of these windows was to make them the same width as the compressed hotkey bar so that the pieces would fit together better. I will be redoing these in the near future to make them not as high though. I thought I wanted them like this but theyre really too tall for my tastes. Someone may like it this way though so i'm releasing the "Full Height" ones now and when the lower height ones are done i'll release those as well.

The player window has the concentration moved over to the right in a vertical arrangement, the level and class added back in, and the GAME time and day added.

The target window and implied target window are identical except I put a lebl in implied so you don't get them mixed up They have a full size power bar plus power percentage readout. This expanded power info is very useful to my main as a Coercer.

Anyway i'll let the pictures do any further talking. Enjoy.
All these look great.. I added the experience and player windows to the mods folder.. I will add the target and implied target when you get both con versions working..

Also, Thanks for the temporary target window patch
Unread 02-20-2005, 09:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

I really enjoy this mod. It is clean and offers all kinds of information at the main screen.

A few questions/suggestions though.

Are there any plans to mod the guild window and/or the tradeskill window?
If you plan on modding the guildwindow, do you think you could make it with horizontal lines between each name? as well as vertical lines between each of the sections?

Also in another forum I saw someone ask about the possability of have a small window with the guild info displayed. Like guildlevel, guild xp. current guild status and maybe number of members online.

I saw another mod that did have ammo slot visible on the main screen. Not all that important but a very nice feature. Any plans on adding such a thing?

It is a very kickass mod. Very good work. Looking forward to any of the additions you guys add to it. Specially interested in the other fantasy colors. Red, green, blue... maybe yellow but with the same marble background
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Would it be possible to change the broker window in a way that the buy button isnt near to an other button? Im sometimes not hitting the small buttons with my mousearrow.
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

One question, how (I know its possible) do you setup the target and implied target windows to only show up when you have a target, and / or an implied target. Having them always up gets kinda annoying :P

Unread 02-21-2005, 10:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
One question, how (I know its possible) do you setup the target and implied target windows to only show up when you have a target, and / or an implied target. Having them always up gets kinda annoying :P

You have the option of doing this look in the mod directory