A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique
thanks again for the update Talyns.

As for joining a guild and leveling a little the screen shot begs to differ =]
Hehe, that's my Island Refugee UI builder.. He's still guildless!
Unread 02-04-2005, 12:24 AM
A Griffon

Here's a patch for the 2-1-05 eq2 patch..

Chat:
It adds the new tabbed chat window.. Plus fixes the layout mods and blackbackdrop mods in the mod folder..
The three Chat_LikeDefaultUI mods are no longer supported...

Experience Window:
I added a vitality gauge and label and did a little rearranging..
I also added vitality to the bothbars mod

Target:
added level and power to target window

Implied Target:
Added a implied target window.. If target window is open, Type /toggleimpliedtargetwindow to open the first time..
After both windows are opened or closed alt-t will open and close both windows..

There are target and implied target that work more like default (ie close when not in use) in Target_DisappearsWhenNoTarget folder in the mods folder..

Bags:
Added Other layouts to mods folder.. Also added a toggle button to block and allow the close key.. Default is to allow

Maps:
Added a toggle button to block or allow the close key.. Default is to block

Sorry no screen shot.. If someone want to attach one be my guest

To install this patch you need the beta 7 archive..

First unzip the Beta7 archive to tabletsII folder..
Then Unzip the patch over it and allow overwrite..
Then follow the instructions in the first post or description of beta7 download..
Attached Files
File Type: zip TabletsII_020105_Patch1.zip (117.8 KB, 381 views)
Unread 02-04-2005, 08:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

EDIT: Works great, dunno what was wrong.

Thanks to all involved for the wonderful UI. I get compliments on it ALL the time.

Last edited by natebc : 02-04-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Unread 02-04-2005, 08:15 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test

Would it be possible to put my combined target window in as a mod? I don't ask that to be selfish or because I want everyone to see my mods.. I ask because if its in the official package then i'm less likely to lose it
Unread 02-04-2005, 08:31 AM
A Griffon

Talyns,

Unfortunately the way you laid out the experience window at the current time will cause problems due to bugs in the vitality system. You may or may not want to change it but I wanted to make you aware of it at least. Currently the UpperMarker and LowerMarker DD tags return a mouseover tooltip indicating how much exp you have. These tooltips are broken and only update when vitality updates. Because you have the LowerMarker widget overlaying the 1/10ths exp bar, the player will be unable to mouseover that bar to get a proper readout on exp. Now with your exp bar since it shows exp in numbers on the bar anyway its probably not a big deal but again I wanted you to be aware of it. The default UI has this same layout problem though i've shown them how to fix it

The other issue you will have is I see you put a small raw vitality progress bar along the top, but then overlayed the UpperMarker on top of it. So once again the tooltip from UpperMarker will block the tooltip from vitality so you will be unable to mouse over vitality to get the reading.

Like I said in the case of this exp bar since numbers are listed anyway the mouseovers are probably moot, but I wanted you to be aware of the issues so you would have all the information.
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:20 AM
A Griffon

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the experience window.

Personally I think yours Talyns is just to busy for my tastes, yet mine is too sparse and takes up too much space. Need something in between but i'm at a loss.

Last edited by Agathorn : 02-04-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Unread 02-05-2005, 07:50 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Everytime I log in I lost all my tabs. Is there a way to save them?
Im using beta7 + patch1. Thanks in advance.
Unread 02-05-2005, 09:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siosena
Unfortunately the EQ2 Client still has lots of bugs in the new tabbed chat system. Most likely it isn't this UI causing your problem.
Unread 02-05-2005, 12:29 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk
Default chat window issue

I just uploaded the patch and I am having an issue with the chat boxes. I have about 3 chat boxes open all the time. However before when I sent the window opacity all the way down the frame/scroll bar would completly disappear when I rolled my mouse away so all I actually saw was text unless I rolled my mouse over that box. Well with the latest patch this is no more. Even if I choose none for Frame Title bar in option and then choose chat only in the layout I still get a small box on the screen. Is this a thing b/c of the new tabbed option for windows? If so I will just go back to version 7 minus the tabbed window patch. Or is this an actual bug in EQ2 and not the UI any advice would help. Thanks!
Unread 02-06-2005, 12:10 AM
A Brown Bear

I managed to solve my problems. As Agathorn already suspected it wasnt the fault of Tablets Beta. After hours of countless trying I removed everything which remotely looked not-original, deleted my uisettings and recent.ini and whatever... still it didnt worked.
In the end Im not sure how I manage to get the tabs I so eager awaited. Probably some combination of luck, pleas, hard patient work and divine intervention.
Unread 02-06-2005, 02:24 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
Here's a patch for the 2-1-05 eq2 patch..

Chat:
It adds the new tabbed chat window.. Plus fixes the layout mods and blackbackdrop mods in the mod folder..
The three Chat_LikeDefaultUI mods are no longer supported...
The Inner frame border no longer fade with outer one, is that possible you can make it a clean fade, just like old one? only text remain on the screen, which looks awesome
Unread 02-06-2005, 02:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Compressed hotkeys/casting window

Hi,

Is there anyway to take those anoying numbers off the compressed keys (ie:1,2,3,). Can you make one without those numbers.

Also, can you compress the casting window. Be nice to have a small one.

Great UI.
Unread 02-06-2005, 07:56 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default item destroy on drop in main chat window?

using beta 7 and patch for the tabbed chat, dropping an item in the main part(where the incoming text actually displays) brings up a dialog to destroy it. figured this might be something worth pointing out, atleast if it wasn't intentional.
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:08 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardiaxx
using beta 7 and patch for the tabbed chat, dropping an item in the main part(where the incoming text actually displays) brings up a dialog to destroy it. figured this might be something worth pointing out, atleast if it wasn't intentional.
Options > User Interface > Chat Window > Allow Clicking Through Chat Window

Happens on ALL chat windows if that's on.
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:27 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Options > User Interface > Chat Window > Allow Clicking Through Chat Window

Happens on ALL chat windows if that's on.
hah, i guess i've just never dropped an item on a chat window then i've had that option on since launch and never noticed it until yesterday.
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:30 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Oh, they just added that recently. Drop an item anywhere there's not a UI window (or in a click-through chat window) as a destroy shortcut.
Unread 02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Great UI. I love it.

One minor problem with the latest mods: the experience bars are a bit strange.

In the Alt-P and Alt-I windows, the adventure experience shows only the upper bar, not the lower bar; the tradeskill experience shows both.

In the main experience window and in the Experience_BothBars window, the upper bar is blank (or black on black) at full opacity. Opacity needs to be set to around 50% for the upper bar to be displayed. The lower bar is still not displayed. This is using the grey images. Not tested with any of the more garish colours.

Finally, in the Experience_BothBars window, the vitality %age for tradeskill has a mouseover tip but the one for adventurer does not.

Sixes @ Oggok
Unread 02-09-2005, 10:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talyns
Can you mix and match interface pieces with your set? Im asking cuz i want to use a smaller hotbar interface piece with your tablets set but Im not sure if it will work. Also .. is there a way to keep the location window open at all times ... every time i log back in the window is closed. Thanks in advance.

-Trench

Last edited by trench : 02-09-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Unread 02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

And is there any way to make the chat windows stay the way they're set? I like all but one in "Chat Only" mode but it's not sticky.
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:46 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
Would it be possible to put my combined target window in as a mod? I don't ask that to be selfish or because I want everyone to see my mods.. I ask because if its in the official package then i'm less likely to lose it
Yes.. It or a mod like it will make it's way in there.. I want to see if I can get tier indicator, etc.. working.. I think It may be possible.. Just haven't had time to play with it.. I don't see it as selfish or anything.. It's a great mod..
Also, No way to really lose it because this thread shouldn't be going anywhere for a while

Quote:
Talyns,
Unfortunately the way you laid out the experience window at the current time will cause problems due to bugs in the vitality system. You may or may not want to change it but I wanted to make you aware of it at least. Currently the UpperMarker and LowerMarker DD tags return a mouseover tooltip indicating how much exp you have. These tooltips are broken and only update when vitality updates. Because you have the LowerMarker widget overlaying the 1/10ths exp bar, the player will be unable to mouseover that bar to get a proper readout on exp. Now with your exp bar since it shows exp in numbers on the bar anyway its probably not a big deal but again I wanted you to be aware of it. The default UI has this same layout problem though i've shown them how to fix it

The other issue you will have is I see you put a small raw vitality progress bar along the top, but then overlayed the UpperMarker on top of it. So once again the tooltip from UpperMarker will block the tooltip from vitality so you will be unable to mouse over vitality to get the reading.

Like I said in the case of this exp bar since numbers are listed anyway the mouseovers are probably moot, but I wanted you to be aware of the issues so you would have all the information.
I will cross my fingers for now and hope they fix it.. It's a minor issue..
If not I will script them to copy the ExpCurrent tooltip on HoverIn

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what to do with the experience window.

Personally I think yours Talyns is just to busy for my tastes, yet mine is too sparse and takes up too much space. Need something in between but i'm at a loss.
I agree with the too busy statement.. I didn't like it either after a couple hours of play.. I thought vitality would drop much quicker..

I changed it some and will release it soon.. The vitality (top) gauges only show up on window HoverIn... I reversed the layout on debt% and vit%.. debt% to the right of gauge and vit% on gauge..
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:49 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Quote:
I managed to solve my problems. As Agathorn already suspected it wasnt the fault of Tablets Beta. After hours of countless trying I removed everything which remotely looked not-original, deleted my uisettings and recent.ini and whatever... still it didnt worked.
In the end Im not sure how I manage to get the tabs I so eager awaited. Probably some combination of luck, pleas, hard patient work and divine intervention.
Good to hear... I would have no idea of the cause of that.. Deleting the 2 inis is the solution I hear works for that but have never experienced this issue.. Probably because I delete those files all the time..
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:56 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasriel
I just uploaded the patch and I am having an issue with the chat boxes. I have about 3 chat boxes open all the time. However before when I sent the window opacity all the way down the frame/scroll bar would completly disappear when I rolled my mouse away so all I actually saw was text unless I rolled my mouse over that box. Well with the latest patch this is no more. Even if I choose none for Frame Title bar in option and then choose chat only in the layout I still get a small box on the screen. Is this a thing b/c of the new tabbed option for windows? If so I will just go back to version 7 minus the tabbed window patch. Or is this an actual bug in EQ2 and not the UI any advice would help. Thanks!
The chat window wasn't 100% done.. I explained it in an earlier post..

I have figured most of it out now and have one minor issue to work out..

Next patch or release will have chat windows that are 100% transparent when NOT in tabbed format.. When the tabs are there they will work the way they do now..

If you ever noticed with the old version the ChannelButton didn't update it's color at all (like default).. Now it will update color on windows mouse HoverIn while in Non-Tabbed format.. It is not an issue with the tabbed format.. It works like default..

EDIT:

It seems they have made changes on test and I will be able to make everything fade and function correctly soon.. I should be able to make it so even the tab selector fades with the frame.. Woot

Last edited by Talyns : 02-10-2005 at 04:45 AM.
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:57 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matslin
The Inner frame border no longer fade with outer one, is that possible you can make it a clean fade, just like old one? only text remain on the screen, which looks awesome
Read one post up!
Unread 02-10-2005, 04:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatiin
Hi,

Is there anyway to take those anoying numbers off the compressed keys (ie:1,2,3,). Can you make one without those numbers.

Also, can you compress the casting window. Be nice to have a small one.

Great UI.
There's folders in the mods folder.. Copy the contents of HotKey_LabelsOff to the main directory or the contents of HotKey_Compressed_LabelsOff..

And compressed how small.. Gauges like the group window gauge size? or the experience window gauge size?
Unread 02-10-2005, 04:10 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes
Great UI. I love it.

One minor problem with the latest mods: the experience bars are a bit strange.

In the Alt-P and Alt-I windows, the adventure experience shows only the upper bar, not the lower bar; the tradeskill experience shows both.

In the main experience window and in the Experience_BothBars window, the upper bar is blank (or black on black) at full opacity. Opacity needs to be set to around 50% for the upper bar to be displayed. The lower bar is still not displayed. This is using the grey images. Not tested with any of the more garish colours.

Finally, in the Experience_BothBars window, the vitality %age for tradeskill has a mouseover tip but the one for adventurer does not.

Sixes @ Oggok
This sounds like a problem with your image folder.. Did you copy the images from the patch archives images_grey folder to your images folder?

If all else fails do a fresh insatll but before renaming any folders or copying any mods from the mods folder unzip the patch and overwrite all files and folders..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes
And is there any way to make the chat windows stay the way they're set? I like all but one in "Chat Only" mode but it's not sticky.
No way to save it but if you use all but one in chat only I suggest copying the contets of the ChatWindow_ChatOnly folder (in mods folder) to your main tablets folder.. That way you only have to change the layout of that one window..

Sorry no way to make it save layouts.. feedback sony that you like the feature and maybe they will add something like it that saves..