EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-02-2005, 09:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Proxy/Firewall problem?

Hi,
tnx to all the ppl who contributed to this unique UI, you're great!!!

I'm using Thor UI at home without problems but when I try to install it on my PC at work (yes my work is to test new UI ) I notice a strange behaviour...

The auto-update starts and I can see the page with the News but I got this error message:

EXCEPTION in GetAFile
Local File Name: C:\Programmi\thorui\lock.txt
Remote RULhttp://thorui.thorsparks.com/autoupdate/lock.txt
Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused.
Update Server is locked. Please try again later!

I wonder if this is somehow related to my network configuration:
- I'm behind a firewall I cannot manage (whitout hacking it )
- all IP ports except port 80 are open if the INITIATOR is INSIDE (actually I can use EQII client or EQIIMAP updater)
- to use port 80 I must configure the browser to use the proxy (again I cannot manage it)

There is a workaround to this situation? If not, can I manually download the UI?

Tnx in advance,
Chakkra

Last edited by chakkra : 11-02-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Unread 11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy Thorui does`nt work

Hi again,

so i´ve installed Thorui on 2 Computers and it does`nt work.

The Path is ok i checked it. Any other Idea?

i´m at the end of my ideas.
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakkra
Hi,
tnx to all the ppl who contributed to this unique UI, you're great!!!

I'm using Thor UI at home without problems but when I try to install it on my PC at work (yes my work is to test new UI ) I notice a strange behaviour...

The auto-update starts and I can see the page with the News but I got this error message:

EXCEPTION in GetAFile
Local File Name: C:\Programmi\thorui\lock.txt
Remote RULhttp://thorui.thorsparks.com/autoupdate/lock.txt
Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused.
Update Server is locked. Please try again later!

I wonder if this is somehow related to my network configuration:
- I'm behind a firewall I cannot manage (whitout hacking it )
- all IP ports except port 80 are open if the INITIATOR is INSIDE (actually I can use EQII client or EQIIMAP updater)
- to use port 80 I must configure the browser to use the proxy (again I cannot manage it)

There is a workaround to this situation? If not, can I manually download the UI?

Tnx in advance,
Chakkra

Hmmm.. The first file it tries to fetch is the lock file (we can lock folks out of the manifests if we are posting a major update). The GetAFile method is unable to connect to the server.

I use HTTP GET's on port 80 to download the files. However, your firewall may not like the fact that I don't identify the client real well. Check with your IT folks and see if only specific client's are allowed to request accross port 80.

I'm using a very popular and well-tested HTTP component to connect (INDY) but I might have to configure things differently to get it to pass tight security.

BTW - I have TWO firewalls and a locked down router where I develop this code and it passes through both very nicely.

Also, the sever could really really have been down. Or you might have the domain where we host on a do not visit list. If Faetyl's server is on an ISP that your company does not trust it could refuse the request.

TO test all this, go into your web-browser at work and enter the following URL:

http://thorui.thorsparks.com/autoupdate/lock.txt

if your web-browser can grab this file, then I have some more work to do
but if your web-browser chokes then it's a security setting and there's not much I can do about it from my end.
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfamily
Hi again,

so i´ve installed Thorui on 2 Computers and it does`nt work.

The Path is ok i checked it. Any other Idea?

i´m at the end of my ideas.

Well.. some clue as to the errors you are getting would be a nice start. Look inside the c:\program files\thorui folder for the log files. Send them to me at [email protected] and I'll see what's going on.
Unread 11-03-2005, 03:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well i got no errors but allso no changes it starts the normal ui, with first the downloads an than the gamestart. What is my mistake?

I think if fond my mistake i startet th wrong Prog. I´m allways started the EQ2.exe and not the EverQuest2.exe

but one little prb how can i start it with Thorui in German Lang?
if i start it manual it is in German!

Last edited by Hawkfamily : 11-03-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Unread 11-03-2005, 03:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

to MrNice:

I can easily fetch the lock file in the browser, the result is:

Use this file to lock the server when an update post is in progress. (LOCKED=YES will lock the clients from downloading stuff). 3rd line is message you want user to see.
LOCKED=NO
The Thor UI Auto Update server is locked for an update. Please check again in 10 minutes.

I hope this can help...

Chakkra
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'd like to see an option for Hotbars without the up/down arrows. I don't know if anyone is the same way but I only change my primary hotbar and without the up/down arrows I just use shift-1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Or, perhaps a way to make it permanently invisible like when you turn off frames, etc.

I was using Mook's before, and its not too bad but would be even better if you could hide the up/down arrows permanently, unless you change the window settings.
Unread 11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Default Spell Effects/Maintained Spells windows?

I just installed ThorUI yesterday and everything seems to be working properly except for the Spell Effects and Maintained Spells windows. Basically what's happening on my system is that those two windows are still the default EQ2 style while everything else in my UI is the ThorUI style. Quite frankly, the default EQ2 UI is ugly and I'd really like my Spell Effects and Maintained Spells windows to look like the rest of the UI (i.e cleaner and smaller). I've searched the advanced tab in the AU for anything resembling a spell window mod but I've found nothing. Perhaps I'm missing it?
Unread 11-03-2005, 08:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

i had this ui before awhile back before you made all these changed.. and for some reason when i type in my chars name and server name it doesn't set the ui for me.. like when it says ThorUI_1024x768_eq2_uisettings... you supposed to put the char name in the eq2 spot and server name in the uisettings spot right?
Unread 11-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Hi felix,
Use the window wizard provided in the Auto Updater application if at all possible. (It simplifies the process) Just make sure you have the window setting config you wish to use selected as a download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix
i had this ui before awhile back before you made all these changed.. and for some reason when i type in my chars name and server name it doesn't set the ui for me.. like when it says ThorUI_1024x768_eq2_uisettings... you supposed to put the char name in the eq2 spot and server name in the uisettings spot right?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Hi Shok (cool name)
I never edited the maintained or effects windows but since SOE's last update I probably should.
I've been a bit unavailable lately due to personal matters but should become more available soon.
I'll be sure to add this to my todo list.

For now, you could do as I do and fade out the frame and backgrounds completely so you only see the spell icons.

Wish I could be more accomodating but time is against me on this one currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shok
I just installed ThorUI yesterday and everything seems to be working properly except for the Spell Effects and Maintained Spells windows. Basically what's happening on my system is that those two windows are still the default EQ2 style while everything else in my UI is the ThorUI style. Quite frankly, the default EQ2 UI is ugly and I'd really like my Spell Effects and Maintained Spells windows to look like the rest of the UI (i.e cleaner and smaller). I've searched the advanced tab in the AU for anything resembling a spell window mod but I've found nothing. Perhaps I'm missing it?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'll try to add this as an option soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorendil
I'd like to see an option for Hotbars without the up/down arrows. I don't know if anyone is the same way but I only change my primary hotbar and without the up/down arrows I just use shift-1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Or, perhaps a way to make it permanently invisible like when you turn off frames, etc.

I was using Mook's before, and its not too bad but would be even better if you could hide the up/down arrows permanently, unless you change the window settings.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Good news to those who wanted a color change...

LU16 has some nice enhancements coming.
Check them out in test.

Some things that currently will require modification are:
1.) Inventory
2.) Persona
3.) Start Button (show/hide hood)

Let me know if yu see any more.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-05-2005, 02:10 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakkra
to MrNice:

I can easily fetch the lock file in the browser, the result is:

Use this file to lock the server when an update post is in progress. (LOCKED=YES will lock the clients from downloading stuff). 3rd line is message you want user to see.
LOCKED=NO
The Thor UI Auto Update server is locked for an update. Please check again in 10 minutes.

I hope this can help...

Chakkra
Ok.. your browser can see it but my HTTP client cannot...let me do some investigating this weekend...

Hey..one thought... does your company use a proxy server? If so I need to know. If I need to, I can add proxy support to the application.

Opps...just re-read your initial post. You ARE using a proxy server. That is the problem. I will work on adding Proxy Server support to the next update.

Last edited by MrNice : 11-06-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Unread 11-07-2005, 03:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

GREAT! TNX MrNice !!!

Chakkra
Unread 11-07-2005, 08:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay.. I have a small problem. On Mahonri's shutdown piece, if I go ahead and modify it so that it has my character's names in it the updater see's it as not matching the updated file from the patcher. Is there any way of having the updater check the modified date of the changed file against the server version so that it sees the version on the local client as a newer file and then skips it instead of updating it?

Right now I backed that up and am only running the updater occasionally and then replacing that file.

Thanks,
Unread 11-07-2005, 09:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorendil
Okay.. I have a small problem. On Mahonri's shutdown piece, if I go ahead and modify it so that it has my character's names in it the updater see's it as not matching the updated file from the patcher. Is there any way of having the updater check the modified date of the changed file against the server version so that it sees the version on the local client as a newer file and then skips it instead of updating it?

Right now I backed that up and am only running the updater occasionally and then replacing that file.

Thanks,
You have two choices:

1. Check the box next to "Do Not Update if local file is newer" on the Options tab

or

2. Uncheck that particular window on the Features tab

Either will keep the file from being overwritten.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-08-2005, 08:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

My bad. I didn't see that option.

Thanks,
Unread 11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default pulling my hair out

I miss my Thor

Tried downloading the auto updater. When installing the AU it will freeze at 99% on the file icon_map3.dds I know there have been some others with this same issue, and have read through the forum, but Im still banging my head against the wall. I have deleted my Thor folder and tried again...no go. It has to be something very basic and silly on my side I am sure. I would greatly appreciate any help that can be thrown my way.
Unread 11-08-2005, 05:14 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyfeet
I miss my Thor

Tried downloading the auto updater. When installing the AU it will freeze at 99% on the file icon_map3.dds I know there have been some others with this same issue, and have read through the forum, but Im still banging my head against the wall. I have deleted my Thor folder and tried again...no go. It has to be something very basic and silly on my side I am sure. I would greatly appreciate any help that can be thrown my way.

Can you post any error messages you get in the logs? That would give me a starting point. I could adjust the .dds files to use binary mode instead of ascii mode for downloads but I'm not sure that would fix your issue.
Unread 11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Default re: POI icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyfeet
I miss my Thor

you can bypass this problem (not a fix), by deselecting the Map POI Icons in the Advanced section, forget which section exactly. if you have eq2map, then u wont loose the poi icons, they'll just be dots instead of nice icons.

hope this eases the frustration...
Unread 11-09-2005, 01:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Since the inventory window changed today with LU #16, will we be getting an update to Jaxel's inventory window? I prefer that one, but the updater hasn't downloaded a new one and the slots are wrong now
Unread 11-09-2005, 04:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker115
Since the inventory window changed today with LU #16, will we be getting an update to Jaxel's inventory window? I prefer that one, but the updater hasn't downloaded a new one and the slots are wrong now
Odds are, you'll have to ask Jaxel himself if/when an update to it will happen.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Yup, I can only be resposible for my own mods.
I will certainly try to get other author's mod updated as soon as they are availlable.
I've included full author credits and info on each mod item so feel free to click the "..." button and submit your inquiry to the original authors.

If you know for certain a mod has been updated and I haven't made the update available within the ThorUI AU, don't hesitate to let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker115
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-09-2005, 06:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

When will their be a fix for in house store? can't use any tabs.