Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsham
I just uninstalled 4.8.5 and installed 4.8.6 last night. Love the new options in the installer, I like the new crafting window a lot. However when I examine an item all I get is a blank window. Tried camping to DT - still happens. I ended up going back to 4.8.5 till this is fixed. GREAT UI! Keep up the good work!
ThorUI doesn't modify the examine window at all. "Sony's still messing with this one with all their changes to Character/Item viewing"

From your comments, I suspect you have a custom eq2ui_examine.xml in the ThorUI folder. (One that most likely uses Fetish customizations as the latest release of the ThorUI doesn't include those files any longer.)

I recommend uninstall then delete the ThorUI folder completely. (Just rename to ThorUIold or something if you want a backup) Then reinstall with 4.8.6 "Only items you may want from the previous version are notes and the custom presets if you have modified them"

You should find all is in order afterwards.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-20-2005, 11:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

well I installed 4.8.6 today. The persona window looks better than it did, and I can now make the raid window mostly transparent. but found one thing that may be a bug.

In the my store window, under the sales log tab. the scroll bar on the right does not move in or out when the window is resized. it stays in place, so if I widen the window I have the scroll bar cutting down through the text part of the window. and this only happens on the sales log tab, the vault items and merchandise tabs are fine. I can provide a screenshot if you want.
Unread 08-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponno
well I installed 4.8.6 today. The persona window looks better than it did, and I can now make the raid window mostly transparent. but found one thing that may be a bug.

In the my store window, under the sales log tab. the scroll bar on the right does not move in or out when the window is resized. it stays in place, so if I widen the window I have the scroll bar cutting down through the text part of the window. and this only happens on the sales log tab, the vault items and merchandise tabs are fine. I can provide a screenshot if you want.
No screeny needed, actually forgot to include in update.
I have the fixed version and will post it in the hotfix section.
Thanks for the post though
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-21-2005, 02:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know a lot of updates been going on lately but this last change can't find where to change my title? Thanks, keep it up!
Unread 08-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte
I know a lot of updates been going on lately but this last change can't find where to change my title? Thanks, keep it up!
First sentence in main post.
Gonna have to add this to my signature
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

I'm using this mod on the Test server while the Fetish mod remains incompatible...

Now forgive me if I missed it, but is there any way to close additional chat windows without making them tabs in the main chat window and choosing 'Remove tab'? I couldn't find any way to display the title bar, which would've exposed a close button. (I too had that 'phantom chat window' problem and only got rid of it through some clever window juggling.) Am I missing something?

Also, I want to remove the frame around the group window, is that possible? I reduced its transparency to 0, but it still won't go away.

Thanks!
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkast
I'm using this mod on the Test server while the Fetish mod remains incompatible...

Now forgive me if I missed it, but is there any way to close additional chat windows without making them tabs in the main chat window and choosing 'Remove tab'? I couldn't find any way to display the title bar, which would've exposed a close button. (I too had that 'phantom chat window' problem and only got rid of it through some clever window juggling.) Am I missing something?

Also, I want to remove the frame around the group window, is that possible? I reduced its transparency to 0, but it still won't go away.

Thanks!
Chat Window:
Right click to window options and ensure show frame and all opacities are maxed.
Clicking default location and default opacities should do this.
Click a tab, then right click and choose remove tab.
Or you could simply not use my window placments file as this would set you back to default chat and window positions.

Groupmember Window:
It isn't possible to remove the frame while in game as the frames are member specific and the controls only apply to the container window.
I could however make you a custom version real quick...
Ok, see attachment (Let me know if I should include this as another option with the installer)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (33.7 KB, 196 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-22-2005, 07:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Chat Window:
Right click to window options and ensure show frame and all opacities are maxed.
Clicking default location and default opacities should do this.
Click a tab, then right click and choose remove tab.
Or you could simply not use my window placments file as this would set you back to default chat and window positions.

Groupmember Window:
It isn't possible to remove the frame while in game as the frames are member specific and the controls only apply to the container window.
I could however make you a custom version real quick...
Ok, see attachment (Let me know if I should include this as another option with the installer)
Thank you for the quick response. I tried the new eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml file and it was exactly what I was looking for! I also found the chat window's "close" button by hitting its "Default Opacities" like you said. Odd that it only shows up that way, though. =)

I run at 1600x1200, so I like to keep my UI stuff as out of the way as possible. But think I found another bug. If you look at the Store Log window here, you'll see the scroll bar doesn't quite 'stick' to the right side of the window as it should when you resize horizontally:
screenshot

Once again, thanks for your attention!
Unread 08-22-2005, 07:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hello Faetyl,iam useing newest version everything was working great,iam useing the sword knowledge book,use to be able to close book with gem thing at bottom of book now all of a sudden it doesnt work and getting no errors,any ideas

Thanks Lady1
Unread 08-22-2005, 10:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Yo Faetyl, just wanna start off by saying what a stupendous job you're doing with this UI

I'm currently using the latest release, and I'm noticing the text in the Clock window is large enough that it spills into the chat window to the left of it. Is there any way to resize this text? By the way, I play at 1280x1024.

Also, when trying to resize the chat window in attempt to resolve the issue mentioned above (I've removed the Channel tab you had since I don't have a use for it, which, in turn, can allow me to shrink the chat window a bit to compensate for the larger clock window text), I'm only abot to resize it from the left side. Is there any way to resize it from the other side so I dont have to shift the entire window once I get it sized to the way I'd like it?

Thanks

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 08-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkast
Thank you for the quick response. I tried the new eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml file and it was exactly what I was looking for! I also found the chat window's "close" button by hitting its "Default Opacities" like you said. Odd that it only shows up that way, though. =)

I run at 1600x1200, so I like to keep my UI stuff as out of the way as possible. But think I found another bug. If you look at the Store Log window here, you'll see the scroll bar doesn't quite 'stick' to the right side of the window as it should when you resize horizontally:
screenshot

Once again, thanks for your attention!
Already oncluded fix in "hotfix" section but thank you for your post
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-23-2005, 02:31 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1
Hello Faetyl,iam useing newest version everything was working great,iam useing the sword knowledge book,use to be able to close book with gem thing at bottom of book now all of a sudden it doesnt work and getting no errors,any ideas

Thanks Lady1
I completely revamped the knowledge books to all use the same file.
When you choose the type of knowledge book at install you're actually just changing the graphic.
You could delete the knowledge.xml file and reinstall.
I haven't had an issue with mine other than the fact the "first and Last" button activate areas are a bit small for my preference. (I'll be making them slightly bigger for next release or upload a hotfix given time.
Let me know if it doesn't resolve the issue and we can take a closer look at it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Yo Faetyl, just wanna start off by saying what a stupendous job you're doing with this UI

I'm currently using the latest release, and I'm noticing the text in the Clock window is large enough that it spills into the chat window to the left of it. Is there any way to resize this text? By the way, I play at 1280x1024.

Also, when trying to resize the chat window in attempt to resolve the issue mentioned above (I've removed the Channel tab you had since I don't have a use for it, which, in turn, can allow me to shrink the chat window a bit to compensate for the larger clock window text), I'm only abot to resize it from the left side. Is there any way to resize it from the other side so I dont have to shift the entire window once I get it sized to the way I'd like it?

Thanks
Hey Lazaru5, good to hear from you.
I also run at 1280x1024
I revamped the window placements file and recommend you give it a try. (Option at install "Window Placements". It will place the file in your EverQuest II directory for use with the UISwitcher.)
It moves some windows around a bit and also removes window placments for no longer needed windows... Fetish stuff...

As for the chat resizing, I always recommend you right click and choose window settings and click on reset to default location and opacities.
It does just that but you won't lose your chat tab settings.
That will fix the little Sony bug of missing chat window at login and so forth.
Also fixes the resize locator for the right side being a little left of center which I imagine is the issue.

Text got slightly larger with last update as we became completely soft font compatible woot woot for those who like it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-23-2005, 08:47 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Unhappy Volume control

Perhaps I've missed it in reading through this thread, but is there a way to set the volume controls so that they activate at game-start? Right now all 3 come on at full-volume and I have to adjust every time. I'm sure it's something easy that I'm simply missing.

Love your UI! Thanks!
Unread 08-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavis111
Perhaps I've missed it in reading through this thread, but is there a way to set the volume controls so that they activate at game-start? Right now all 3 come on at full-volume and I have to adjust every time. I'm sure it's something easy that I'm simply missing.

Love your UI! Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to do this.
Since the Startbutton has the volume controls in it, it's initial settings are read.
I've been debating going back to the mute/half/full volume toggles to remedy this.
What do you think?
Would it be better to have the toggle buttons back and lose the sliders?
This "should" return it to the game remembering your logout settings.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-23-2005, 09:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up Volume control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to do this.
Since the Startbutton has the volume controls in it, it's initial settings are read.
I've been debating going back to the mute/half/full volume toggles to remedy this.
What do you think?
Would it be better to have the toggle buttons back and lose the sliders?
This "should" return it to the game remembering your logout settings.
IMHO, remembering the volume settings from logout would be PERFECT.
Unread 08-23-2005, 10:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Lightbulb Volume control

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavis111
IMHO, remembering the volume settings from logout would be PERFECT.
Or perhaps just a file with initial settings in it that one could configure manually just one time.
Unread 08-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekeshi
I love this UI i just hate the new Inventory window...

Reminder that no posts should go on the main download page...
Duplicating reply here as those posts will need to be deleted by eq2interface admins...

As for your issue with the "Inventory Window", are you aware I have included every window as an optional install?
Therefore; if you don't like something, don't install it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-23-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 08-24-2005, 10:53 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

Hi,
just installed this version 4.8.6 was fine up until i tried to examine an item in my bank inventory, when i did i just crashed straight to desktop.
Unread 08-24-2005, 02:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi,

first of all I'd lke to say very great Job you are doing there.
But now my question, ow do I create and save the custom graphic settings for you UI. I know there wasapost somewhere but after searching for for about an hour with neg results I gave up on it.
Thnks for your help in advance.
Unread 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinn
Hi,
just installed this version 4.8.6 was fine up until i tried to examine an item in my bank inventory, when i did i just crashed straight to desktop.
Sounds like you got a "eq2ui_inventory_examine.xml" in the ThorUI folder somehow.

Delete it an you should be fine afterwards...
Since this occured I would recommend deleting the ThorUI folder and reinstalling as you may have other files that shouldn't be there.

Note: ThorUI v4.8.6 doesn't modify the "eq2ui_inventory_examine.xml" in any way so this must be from a previous version or another mod.

Per the troubleshooting section: If all else fails uninstall, delete ThorUI folder, reinstall, if issue still persists, then post here.

Let me know how it turns out and sorry you had trouble...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by acener
Hi,

first of all I'd lke to say very great Job you are doing there.
But now my question, ow do I create and save the custom graphic settings for you UI. I know there wasapost somewhere but after searching for for about an hour with neg results I gave up on it.
Thnks for your help in advance.
Install notes here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=17

I admit I need to revamp them "Make them simpler" so let me know if you still have questions.
I'd be happy to help further via MSN or Yahoo Messenger or even my TeamSpeak server if you're familiar with that...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

No no there must bea misunderstanding. I ment the "Custom Preset" Buttons in your, let me call it settings window. Where you can open i.e the "notes" or "toggle hide illu" and the EQ2 Option Button. There are also the Graphic Settings Buttonsfron Very High Perf til Very High Quali, that is what I'm talking about. The three custom buttons.
But I allready found it what I was looking for... anyway, thanks for your very fast response.
ThorUI just Rocks
Unread 08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by acener
No no there must bea misunderstanding. I ment the "Custom Preset" Buttons in your, let me call it settings window. Where you can open i.e the "notes" or "toggle hide illu" and the EQ2 Option Button. There are also the Graphic Settings Buttonsfron Very High Perf til Very High Quali, that is what I'm talking about. The three custom buttons.
But I allready found it what I was looking for... anyway, thanks for your very fast response.
ThorUI just Rocks
Ah, complete misunderstanding on my part
Happy to hear you figured it out though!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-24-2005, 10:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ok I have a little problem

love it,but dont have the eq2 button,tried the alt ` with no effect hope you can help