EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-21-2005, 04:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Default [OCD-Adv] Startbutton

ODC Startbutton

Jaxel! Thanks for putting all your hard effort into this one. I was really excited about using this mod. The windows seem to work just fine aside from the Notes portion. I followed the guidelines regarding the note content, but for some reason the notes do not show. Specifically, it seems like there is content because I can scroll down, but the background is completely black wit no text appearing. =/ The only other problem I am having with this mod is that after clicking the EQII button, there is a delay in closing it. . . Help?
Unread 09-22-2005, 10:44 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

Jaxel I love yer ui and your chat window inparticular
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3906
would it be possible to get aversion of your chat window that was scrollbarless?

thanks
Unread 09-23-2005, 03:59 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Everfrost
Default Thanks!

Jaxel,
Just wanted to tell you how much my guild and I enjoy your wonderful UI. Thanks for all you hard work and fast updates!

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? "
Unread 09-23-2005, 06:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
Delete eq2ui_specialelements.xml from your OCD dir. That will fix your bleeding problem. Sorry about this error, I actually deleted the changes to this file from my custom mod with LU13 because Sony changed the way EQ2 handles this file. However, I forgot to mention that this file needed to be deleted.
Awesome, thanks!
Again, I love the mod =)
Unread 09-26-2005, 06:42 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

So it finally came out why everyone was having problems with the startbutton. If you are using Alt + ~ and it is still not working, make sure you are not using another MainHUD.Inventory mod from ProfitUI or Fetish. The OCD startbutton is a MainHUD.Inventory mod, I just chose not to put the mod into its own seperate file and I kept it in the MainHUD.Startbutton file. None, the less, you can not use two MainHUD.Inventory mods at the same time!

See! It wasn't my fault! It was yours! =P

And as I said... SOE changed searching on the broker; now defaults to 0-60, no class.
Unread 09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've been using the OCD UI for a while now, but recently I ran into a problem with some of the windows having a white background that I can't change. Take a look at

http://www.heilig.us/EQ2_000061.jpg

and look at the experience, pet, and compass windows. I can't get rid of the white.

I've deleted my custom UI folder, created a new one, downloaded the OCD package, and reinstalled.
I've deleted my <server>_<name>_uisettings.ini file.
I've tried it with and without the EQ2maps files.

Any suggestions?
Unread 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Yes, Your missing Jaxels elements.dds file from the images folder for 1 and another image file that contains the background for the pet window as for what file that is called without looking at the code I dont know.... But its still and image file your missing by the looks.
Unread 09-26-2005, 08:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

Howdy Jaxel finally got the start button mod to work.
But it doesnt show the icons for equipped items i.e. manastone slot, ring slots etc

Any ideas?
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks, Laffs. As soon as you mentioned the missing dds files, I knew what I did wrong. As usual, it's something stupid. I dragged the files out of the archive instead of extracting. All is well now. I appreciate it.
Unread 09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default map problems

I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems with their map with this UI after DoF. Everything else works fine, just the map is all black and doens't appear as I move around. I have read this thread trying to find an answer but didn't see one.

Thanks for any help
Unread 09-29-2005, 09:54 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Default Inventory Adjustment...

I'm using most of your UI with many modifications to suite my likes, but I absolutely love your Inventory Window 'Paperdoll Inventory'... it Defaults though to the Slimlined Inventory and I just can't seem to figure out how to switch it to Paperdoll Inventory as the default.

I couldn't find any help already on this and don't see a Readme or anything with these instructions and was curious if you could inform me on how I can make that Inventory always show as the Paperdoll Inventory (with the stats section on the right, which happens to be the only place I found in your UI that shows the character's Weight Limit) upon logging in.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Unread 09-30-2005, 05:07 PM
A Grizzled Badger

There any chance of getting a version of the start button that works with ThorUI and his autoupdate? I like your layout better (plus you have the unequip macro built-in there that saves a lot of trouble on raids).

Last edited by Chumba : 09-30-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Unread 09-30-2005, 05:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Start Button - might have found the cause

Hello Jaxel,

I did get the start button to work but had to delete the uisettings.ini file. After talking with a Guildie that had the same problem he said that everything was fine until he accidently hit the "Windows" key and then his trouble started. I think I recall the same thing happening to me. It might be corrupting the uisettings.ini file in some way...

Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for a very clean UI...
Unread 10-02-2005, 03:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default A bit more info

I also discovered that if you place the start button at the bottom of the screen near to the border and then hit "alt + enter" to enter window mode, that will cause the button to stop displaying anything but the EQ button. Then the only thing that will make it display again is to delete the UIsettings file for that character.

If the button is not near the window border it appears that there is no problem when going back and forth from window mode.

Hope this helps...
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:09 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default A change you might consider...

Hiya's

Love your trade skill mod but wonder if you could change it to be more like the one by Caffineboy (which you say inspired you), I find yours to be better , but really like the big graphic of effects from Caffineboy's.

The combination of larger effect graphic and the ability to use the enter key would be bloomin' marvellous!

It would also be great if you could include the power meter in the crafting window to.

Much like allot of people I do other things while grinding bags and such and this would be a great help!

Anyway keep up the good work!

Walter.

Last edited by Walter : 10-03-2005 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added power...
Unread 10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Anyone know how to change the default setting of the Inventory to the Paperdoll Inventory? When I logon it's always on the Slimlined one, and I can't figure it out, and the only place to see my Weight Limits is in the Paperdoll Inventory, plus I just like that one better. :-)
Unread 10-03-2005, 11:47 AM
A Weald Wolf

Default start button

Just wondering if it's possible to show the start button open normally as in pic 2 ( of my screen cap ), when in normal use and allow the expand to open the rest of the way when needed... it's a pain havnig to expand every time you want to use the manastone etc ...
i rarely use the harvest / notes info and performance panel parts; when i do i can move the window to center screen to use and then return to normal use position at the bottom of screen ..
don't know how difficult it would be for you to make that change, but if it's doable, that would be grand !
thanks
steppin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jaxel 2.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	3808  
Unread 10-05-2005, 09:32 AM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy arena icons

this is by far the best UI i've seen so far for EQ2. my only problem is with arena fighting. the objects that you obtain from the huge glowing icons overhead, well...they don't actually give me the icon of the new ability gained in my hotbars anywhere at all. this is frustrating as can be when my hubby is running thru picking them up and nuking my tail into tomorrow! any fix or coding or something i need to do to right this so i can return the favor to his smart alec butt?
Unread 10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just a heads up in regards to LU 14. Theres a few issues with the OCD ui, the biggest one is with the Merchant window. When you open up the window it lists 3 tabs (buy, sell, and repair) and you cant select between the 3. So all you can do is buy. The other one i noticed is with the Bell window, it doesnt effect game play, but doesnt match the rest of the UI theme. It has a wooden background.

Those have been the only 2 things that I have found so far. Everything else looks good

Thanks,
Denniss
Unread 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default stupid question

is there a way to temp dissable just certain windows and go to the soe default? i love this ui, but need to hit a mender badly!
Unread 10-05-2005, 04:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation need to update guild bank window for lu14

just wanted to let you know that the guild bank window needs to be updated for live update 14 otherwise this ui is great and easy to use. thanks for your time
Unread 10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Trade & Merchant window issue

Looks like the LU14 made changes to the trade & merchant window.

When I trade item for coin, I can not see the coin someone has placed in the window. Reverting to default trade xml works fine.

The merchant window will not allow me to change tabs ( buy, sell, repair)
Default works fine.

//null
befallen

Last edited by lollygagger : 10-05-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Unread 10-05-2005, 05:50 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Attention 'phlour': Yes, you can revert to the Default UI Window of any specific non-working part by deleting it's related Custom XML file in your Custom UI Dir for the installed Mod(s) you're using.

Currently, 3 windows have been confirmed to not work. I myself no longer use OCD's 'Complete' set, but do use his Chat Window and several others, as those are just really nice as well as his Tradeskill Window which both are working just fine in LU14. The 3 files you'll want to delete are...

eq2ui_inventory_guildbank.xml
eq2ui_inventory_merchent.xml
eq2ui_inventory_trade.xml

For anyone who's curious, I didn't stop using OCD's UI for any reason against him or his UI. I just liked another one more and decided to Mix 'n Match pieces from Mook, Milquist, OCD and several others into one.

Suckup Note: Jaxel, your stuff rocks! I would love to use your StartMenu(Button) again if it's possible to release one compatable with the Fetish (specifically Classic) series of UI mods.
Unread 10-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Not sure if this is the UI related but the gambling window is black. I played with the transparence and I can see some boxes but still not enough to figure out what is going on.

This is very strange behaviour, expecially since this is a new window.
Unread 10-06-2005, 05:09 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default LU 14 Problems

I am also having the problem with the goblin gambling game window.
Also the help window... petitioning a shard the buttons wouldn't let me search or submit, after deleting the custom ui help xml file it was fixed.