EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-02-2005, 02:14 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

yea the arrow needs to be adjusted. I will be fixing and posting the updated one later

Unread 02-02-2005, 06:30 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
odd, it works on my screen.
gez .... I tried on another computer ... I still get a white window with a black line through it, only the implied window ... I have to be doing something wrong. Its like when you forget to name the images folder images, but only the implied window. I tried a few dif colors ..... any ideas? I like this UI a lot but I am a healer and really need implied. Thanks for any advice.
Unread 02-02-2005, 08:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have white with black line too.. only thing i can think of is taht you are using diferent images set?

Im using what was called images_green

Proudly the first Dirge on Splitpaw
Unread 02-02-2005, 09:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test

BTW I don't know if anyone noticed but I got them to fix the debt dynamic data so it now properly returns 0% when you have no debt. Minor thing but it was nice that they fixed it
Unread 02-02-2005, 09:49 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottden2000
I just loaded Beta 7 today after the patch.... no problems at all except on my hotbars... They are now automatically sizing and i am unable to get the bank selector (1, 2, 3, ... ) to come up... and i use different banks for different tradeskills... so please help on this.. even tried copying the mods/HotKeys_LikeDefaultUI folder out.. still no luck.. tried the tip in this thread about setting the frame on(was already on)... still no luck.. plz help.
To toggle the bank selector in Beta 7 make sure the frame is on, then if you look VERY CLOSELY in the upper left corner of the frame you will notice that part of the frame looks different. Essentially the top left corner of the frame is a button. Left click that to toggle the bank selector.

These work perfectly fine on Test so should be working fine on live as well.
Unread 02-02-2005, 10:35 AM
A Griffon

Ok here is my Target Window + Implied Target. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get this out but I had some problems with it both functional and delusional

My implementation of this is different than SoEs and other users. I wanted the implied target info but I didin't want a second window. I wanted it all in the target window. So what I did was slip the implied targets health bar, name and percent into the bottom of the target window and resized it to be the same size as the player window (Interestingly enough I always wanted them to be the same size but never had a reason to enlarge the target window).

Couple things to note:

1) The Group/Solo and Tier information will NOT be displayed on the implied target for this window. I'm fairly certain that is pushed data which means the only way to get that data is to have it in the implied target window where I did not want it. This is no big deal to me because the only reason I need or want the implied tagrt is for its name and health. The rest doesn't matter to me anyway. To each his or her own.
2) By default the combined target window is the same size as the player window (60 pixels). This lines up neatly but because of space restrictions, the NAME of the implied target is placed on top of its health bar. I used a smaller font to keep the bar readable but this may not work for some people. So...
3) The combined target window is resizeable. If you drag the bottom of the window DOWN it will resize slightly and the name of the implied target will slide down unerneath the bar. The original behaviour of the target window allowing it to resize to the right to move the health percent is also still there and supported by the combined window. Therefore if you prefer to keep your bars clean you can resize the window both verticly and horizontally to get clean gauges.
3) At this time i've only done this for the target window that goes away when you have no target. I'll do the one that stays on at all times later. I need to finagle that one some more.

Ok screenies are worth a million bytes so heres some screens as well as the xml file. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_targ_impl_1.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	997  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_targ_impl_2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	998  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_targ_impl_3.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	999  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_targ_impl_4.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1000  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_targ_impl_5.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1001  

Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_target.zip (1.2 KB, 252 views)
Unread 02-02-2005, 11:19 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique
I have white with black line too.. only thing i can think of is taht you are using diferent images set?

Im using what was called images_green
Tried blue green & fantasy ... all don't work ... on 3 different computers. Gonna try Agathorns when I get home
Unread 02-02-2005, 11:29 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Thank you guys so much for this! I have wanted an implied target since day 1 of Beta, since I'm a healer class. I even posted early on to find out if the UI devs on this site could make one, and was told it couldn't be done at that time.

Talyns makes my favorite UI, and Agathorn helps to make it even better than it already is!
Unread 02-02-2005, 12:29 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere

Great interface!

I downloaded the improved stat bars Agathorn did..but now all my progress bars as well as the bar that appears when casting are black. I copied the most recent eq2.frames.ini file from the default file based on what I read in a different thread..but the bars are still black..any ideas?

Thank you
Unread 02-02-2005, 12:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Actually the file is eq2ui_FrameStyles.xml sorry about the confusion.
Unread 02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
A Griffon

Almost sounds like your images are messed up. Not sure really. If you are not on Beta 7 I would update to that. Ensure you renamed one of the images directory, whichever you want to use.
Unread 02-02-2005, 01:23 PM
A Brown Bear

I deleted the folder and redownloaded the most recent Tablets II..next I will try to download your mods and see what happens. Currently all looks fine.

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

Davhanama
Unread 02-02-2005, 05:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Hmmm...

It appears I may have done something wrong. I downloaded the implied target that Agathorn made, but when I load it up, I just have a very large yellow bar (no ticks to show "bubbles") for the target or borders of any kind.

When I grouped with someone else and asked them to target something, it just made the bar twice as thick (high), with nothing to define the bars. The name of the npc was present, but just a huge yellow bar for health.
Unread 02-02-2005, 05:19 PM
A Griffon

Lucie are youusing Beta 7?
Unread 02-02-2005, 05:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, this may sound dumb, but after looking around, I can't tell which version it is. Where would I locate that?
Unread 02-02-2005, 05:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Found it! I love it when I break something while being dumb - makes it easier to fix that way

Thanks!
Unread 02-02-2005, 05:57 PM
A Griffon

Does that mean it works now?
Unread 02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Yes, thank you!
Unread 02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Hey Everyone..

I wanted to post and let you all now I haven't abandon this project..
Computer had a meltdown and lost a powersupply and my harddrive , also joined a guild and have been leveling a little ..

I have been fighting with the chat window for the last day.. Probably put 7 or 8 hours coding into it and it's still not done..

It no longer stays 100% hidden when chat comes in.. Scroll, inputbar, channelbutton, and frames will also show when chat comes in.. Don't think I can do anything about this unless I can move the tab pane which I doubt but, haven't tried yet..

Also no way to change layouts when titlebar is hidden yet.. I'm gonna add a button like the old one..

I still haven't checked out the other new UI features.. Will check em out later..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1017  
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultipleLayout_TabbedChat1.zip (8.3 KB, 223 views)
Unread 02-03-2005, 09:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanks again for the update Talyns.

As for joining a guild and leveling a little the screen shot begs to differ =]

Proudly the first Dirge on Splitpaw
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:50 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique
Looks great, cant wait to try the new version

You didnt mention it but did you fix it so you can edit youe Bio now?

EDIT: ok, i tested it and you can edit your bio just fine

Bad point about new version is it gets rid of your level on the player window (near your Name.. usualy topleft)

I copied the old beta6 version and its back so im happy

Map window is still a bit funky..

The Inspect Player window hasnt been reskinned yet nor has the friend list window (y button)

Very nice UI though.. I use this for all my charecters.

Dont know if its possible but could you create a default layout?
So when a new toon is made its already mostly configed?
Hmm what do you mean the map window is still a bit funky?
I can't do any thing else to fix the map when resized until sony implements a crop page for the map page

I'm still working on the Tradeskill and Lesser used windows.. Actually I have to start over cause I lost everything on my harddrive when it went...

I will eventually get a default layout, it's coming along slowly as is everything else
Attached Files
File Type: dds InvertedTabs.dds (4.1 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 05-05-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatiin
Great UI, good job. Like the pet window, but the attack button needs to be bigger. You could remove one of the stay commands, either stay or pet guard, and increase the attack button to be with size of the first two buttons.

Other than that, great.

Almost forgot, button is too small to hit during battle, i have UI set to 1280 x 1024.

Aatiin
Ok thanks for the input.. I didn't even know I added that in there.. It was just a quick skinnig.. For now, If you stretch the window to the right the size of the button should grow..

I will look into changing it some soon..
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottden2000
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier or not... but i have a slight problem that sometimes the most recent few lines of chat are not visible... i have have to wait for more to be said before they scroll into the chat window... camping and relogging in usually fixxes it... but it is starting to get a little annoying... otherwise i ABSOLUTELY ADORE this mod... thanks for your hard work on it.
That's a very annoying bug that seems to happen in all UI's.. You can fix it deathbanes way and change fontsize.. or you can change the chat window layout and change it back then scroll chat window back down..
Unread 02-04-2005, 12:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecsus
FIrst off, love the UI. I used your EQ1 set and was glad to see you moved over.

But I am having one problem with the UI. When I Examine most items, no window pops up. As an example, I was making Kozo paper last night. When I make a Crude-level paper I get a window pop up. But when I make a noral or pristine I get nothing. I can examine some items and get a window but nothing at all with other windows. It's all very strange. I have looked along the edges in case they slid off to the side...no luck. Any advice?
No idea what's going on there.. Only thing I can think of is to delete your ServerName_CharName_eq2_uisettings.ini file and eq2_recent.ini.. This basically puts every window in it's default position.. When you load up eq2 you'll have to reset up the entire ui..

Other than that no idea
Unread 02-04-2005, 12:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feebb
Could we get the level and class back on the player window in the next beta, or is there an option for it in the mods folder? Thanks, great UI.

Feebb
Heh, didn't think it would be missed it was everywhere.. I guess I will put it back