EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-20-2005, 08:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Client Error

Let me start by saying, this UI is awesome. I am having a major problem though and I'm not sure what is causing it. It seems like it should be an SoE bug, but as soon as I return to default setting the problem no longer exists. What happens is, when I zone I receive a Client Error and am subsequently booted from the game. I read through the postings and did not see any similar problems posted. Any ideas. I really hope I can figure this out, because I really love this UI.
Unread 04-20-2005, 11:05 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I've seen a couple posts scattered around these boards that suggest some systems crash while zoning using any custom UI, particularly if you're in windowed mode and minimize EQ or have IE open.

This doesn't appear to be an issue specific to Fetish UIs since I've been unable to reproduce it and have gotten only 2 or 3 similar comments. I don't normally play in windowed mode and haven't crashed the client zoning since 3.0 was released.
Unread 04-20-2005, 12:00 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

since todays patch I'm having the problem of not even being able to zone in using the UI. any info on why? which xml file is causing the error?
Unread 04-20-2005, 12:57 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Haven't logged in myself yet today so I wasn't aware a patch went live. I'll have to check into this.
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

heres the files changed in the patch

eq2ui_hud_choice.xml
eq2ui_tooltipstyles.xml
eq2ui_journals_active.xml
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Everything is peachy with version 3.4 except for the two pet buttons "protect me" and "protect yourself". Least I think that's what they are supposed to be. When you mouse-over them, they just say <UNKNOWN COMMAND> and don't seem to do anything...even if battle is in progress.

Not critical as I can manually initiate a pet attack and all the other buttons seem to be working fine.

No issues zoning or with any interface aspects that I have experienced so far.
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:14 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

I'm gonna have to run a few tests but I think all the changes were already covered in version 3.4.

The changed pet commands are now functioning, so you should replace eq2ui_mainhud_pet.xml with the _SOEp7_mainhud_pet.xml file included with 3.4.
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have 8 files changed today

eq2ui_popup_questionnaire
eq2ui_mainhud_pet
eq2ui_journals_quest
eq2ui_journals_active
eq2ui_inventory_merchant
eq2ui_inventory_market
eq2ui_hud_choice
eq2ui_TooltipStyles
Unread 04-20-2005, 02:36 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep, all those changes should be in v3.4, just make the pet window file change noted above.

Hmm... have to look a questionair. Prbly no real change there.
Unread 04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

With the 4-20-05 patch I can't join or start groups. Not sure what the problem is but it started today. When I went back to the default UI it was fixed.
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:30 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ok I ran a few tests with both sets and here's what I found:

1) Installing the _SOEp7_mainhud_pet.xml file included with version 3.4 does in fact resolve the pet button issue. I suggest everyone install this version of the pet window, even if you don't use a pet. It could solve some other problems that might result from loading the old command buttons.

2) I tested every Market window search option and everything (including the new menu) works as expected.

3) I was able to start a group just fine.

4) Zoning did not result in any problems.

5) Quest windows appear to be working normally.

6) I wasn't able to test the choice window, but don't expect any issues.

7) You shouldn't have TooltipStyles in your custom UI directory in the first place, if you do, trash it

8) I'll need to update the Questionnaire page at some point, but have never seen it actually used for anything. The missing "Don't Care" option for each question shouldn't cause any real problems.
Unread 04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The automap doesn't update between east and west Antonica correctly with the new version
Unread 04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Please take the time to read recent posts. The map issue you mension was addressed in THIS POST #269. Just close the map window before crossing an auto-swap line and it works fine.
Unread 04-21-2005, 01:40 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I have problems with the quest window sometimes and sometimes not.

I have over 500 done Quests but i am not able to check which quests i done in a zone, i just cant open the corrosponding zone.

This doesnt always happen so i have no clue why this is happening.

If you want any data or further info let me know here.
Unread 04-21-2005, 02:47 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Splitpaw
Default Feature request for tradeskills

Hi Zonx,

Great work on latest version, I >> LOVE << it!!

Small request though in the Recipe List:
In the normal UI its possible to rightclick an icon to see the stats for the 3rd level of the item to be crafted. This is (intentionally?) removed in your mod.
I'd love to see that back again!

Thnx for your great work!

Lanadad a.k.a. Kelpie
Unread 04-21-2005, 03:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Fetish 3.4 weird things hapenning......

Hi there, Zonx and every other XML-Guru out there. I must admit I get green as in ENVY. OK....

Downloaded Fetish Nightfall as well as Classic mod, installed it as directed (fresh folder etcetcetcpp) and started EQ2. BAM!
CTD. Everything loads until my character is "put into zone" and then CTD. Ok. I had the bottom mod before and it had this nifty server_character_ini file with it. soooo i used the default ini from testcenter. THEN I got put into the world, but was blind. I had sound, I heard the rats scurrying around vermins snye, chat was working, but everything else was blank. OK. to be more precise I had a black screen for the "gameworld" everthing else seemed to work. Interesting since 3.0 was working... i think. Anyway. Could you perhaps include a chracter_server.ini in your next update or do you have an idea what is causing this?

Thanks.
Olaf. 5star waiting to be applied.
Unread 04-21-2005, 05:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Dear Zonx,

I have 2 suggestions/requests.
1- Is it possible to add a[List All] or [Unlist All] tab in the Selling window? Similiar to the option to list and unlist all vault items.

2- Possible to add a thin colored line on the HP/Pwr bars? So that even in dark places, I can still see the current HP vs max HP.

There is something else i noticed.
After I have set a price for an item, the highlight bar shifts down the menu but not the target.

Thank you.
Unread 04-21-2005, 06:24 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Realx, the Quest Journal display is known to be somewhat flacky. Although I've never had a problem expanding the tree, its not all that surprising it gets flacky with extreamly large lists. Unfortunately I doubt there's anything I can do about it.

Lanadad, I'll double-check but Recipe icons in 3.4 should have normal behavior. At one point they were mistakenly moved below the highlight layer, which effectively kept them from being clicked, but I'm 95% sure I fixed that in 3.4. Double-clicking should pop-up the Recipe Examin window. Right-clicking the item icon in the Recipe Examine window should display the Item Examine window.

Morrgan, sounds like you don't have EQ2MAP properly installed. There's a link to the auto-updater download page in the first post of this thread. Follow their install instructions carefully, then reinstall Fetish. Note their Microsoft.Net requirement.

Grimblade, I'll look into that "List All" feature but its probably something hard-coded I can't reproduce in other windows. RE request #2, are you wanting a light outline around the numeric values? The bars should be fairly obvious against any background. ATM the text values should have a black outline so they're more readable on a light background. Unfortunately I can't use both a light and dark outline.

The Store window item highlight shifting is a symptom of how the Quick Search is setup. So far neither Quib or I have found a way to fix it short of disabeling the Quick Search feature.
Unread 04-21-2005, 03:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It's something like...

[][][][]=======

Where:
[] is current HP bar;
= is the background bar.

Atm, the background bar is black. Was hoping u can insert a thin brighter color bar to it. So when in an environment where the screen and background bar color matches, the current HP bar vs max HP is still visable.
Unread 04-21-2005, 10:00 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Hmm... I see what you're saying. I'll see about adding something subtle with more contrast to the next release, maybe a medium colored base line. For now, if you're setup to edit DDS files, you could tweak the fetish_bars.dds to add whatever floats your boat
Unread 04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Thumbs Up Nightfall Takes the Lead!

In under a month, FetishNightfall as become the most frequently downloaded, highest rated and most favored Complete Set!

Totals for both Nightfall and Classic give the FetishFramework a comanding 15% lead over the nearest set

Thanks to everyone for all the support and feedback
Unread 04-22-2005, 09:21 PM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

Fetish Classic is da bomb, and that's why Fetish has a lead

About the zoning crashes: I experienced one. Fetish Classic 3.4, with the LU 7 pet change. I was in Serpent Sewers with Map, Bags open - possibly Inventory open, I don't remember. Used CotO to get back home to Temple Street, and crashed upon zoning.

Haven't been able to reproduce yet, and haven't had any other zoning crashes. I'll keep an eye out. If I see a pattern emerge, I'll let you know.
Unread 04-23-2005, 06:13 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Toxxulia

Ive tried 2 other UIs that I liked a lot. but got frustrated that they never seemed to be updated with each patch. Tried this one, and really like it, and this is the one Im now.
Couple of things that might be more add-ons than UI changes:

1: I player a templar as my main, and really enjoyed the large group member health and power bars. Is there an easy way for me, or some1 to make these larger? (I am using Dadditudes add-on for this, but presume it will be similar to change those, or go back to the orinigal if needed)

2: The health percentage of the target (number value) is on the left of the target, with the power on the right. Is this easy for me to change its location to the right? if so, how cna I go about it? I am complety new at UI building, and XML.

Thanx Zonx for all your hard work. must take a lot time keeping up with Sony, as they seem to be changing thier UIs almost every patch now.

PS: if it makes a difference, Im running in 1280x1024 resolution.
Unread 04-23-2005, 03:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Hi,

I'm fairly new to XML programming and brand new at UI editing. So this should come as no shock but I need a bit of help. I run EQ2 at 1024x768 res and had to move a few of the boxes around. I am trying to setup the smae screen for my alts as I did for my main and I tried copy and paste for the server_char_eq2_uisettings.ini file but it skipped the file and went to the default setup. Is there a way to decode the .ini file so I can just copy and paste the data instead of moving all 7 of my alts screens around? Also I noticed in the screen shot the upper portion of the UI background (black portion) was made bigger yet when I logged on it looked default even when I set the res to 1280x1024. I don't know if this is something local that I installed incorrectly or if my UI isn't responding. I've also tried it with several other UI's and got the same results.

And here are two screen shots:
This one is at 1024 x 768 60Hz res Picture 1
This one is at 1280 x 1024 60Hz res Picture 2

Hope these help

Drethic

Last edited by Drethic : 04-23-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Unread 04-23-2005, 04:24 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Luth, 133% scale versions of both the Player and Group windows are available for download as seperate pieces. Links to them can be found in the first post of the Nightfall download page or by clicking the "Interface Author" button under my icon.

Location and text allignment of the Health percentage in both Target windows can be tweaked in Notepad. Off the top of my head, search for Text="100%". You should find 2 sets of text objects for both health and power, first set is for the old con system, second set is the new con system. Tweak the location numbers as you see fit. You'll probably need to add TextAllignment="Right".

Drethic, sorry there isn't an easy way to decode window settings.

Letterbox size is controlled by a slider and checkbox in the Game Options window. Nothing in my UI files affects the letterbox size. Many ppl disable the letterbox entirely