EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 01-14-2005, 03:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Okay, not sure this is a "bug" b/c I can't recall if this actually was the way it was before I was using tablets, heh.

But I think that before, when you targeted a player, you could right click their name in your target bar and it would have the options to inspect, who, etc. like when you right click on the player themselves, currently though with tablets you can't do that, you have to physically right click on the player to inspect them. This is a smaller problem but still something I'd like to see back as I used that feature, again, I'm pretty sure you could do this before, but been using tablets for a bit now so not 100% positive.
Unread 01-15-2005, 03:20 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Inspection

It is tablets specialized.

For, I replaced the target portion, due to the background colors etc.. and The one I currently use has what you are missing

I'm sure it's just an oversight.
Unread 01-19-2005, 12:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

Was fooling around with things and I'm thinking of working on a bio to flesh out my char .. how ever the chat input for the bio under the persona window doesn't want to take my input.

Also I don't know if this is your or Ellyana's work but I'm in love with her eq2 button/statbar mod, however when I load it on an alt the default of that mod makes it un-movable as the start button is default off the page to the left. The start of the stats is whats against the edge of the window and the eq2 button is not visable. Resetting all windows will also make it this way for me as well and well I can't figure out how to move them. Happened to me on a couple of alts. Can it be moved or is that a PM to ellyana?

Request:
Can't remember if this is your mod or not but the Compass window/zone info window can it be set so we can resize the window (again is that a Pm to another author?)

Thanks
Unread 01-19-2005, 11:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 1
Default The great ESC

First and for most. WOW love the mod... THe chat windows, Map and Compas are the best around... Everything else you have done just makes it that much better.

Now you know I wouldn't be here just singing you praises. OK so I would have had I not found something that anoyes the %^&$ out of me.

When I Inspect something in my invantory or from a link i can ESC out of them ( close them), But when I am at the Broker, I have to hit the X to close them. I Love that I cant close the broker by hitting ESC, but the inspection windows staying open is getting realy annoying. IS this a Function of the Broker window not closing?? If so Can you make it so the close X is MUCH larger ( longer ) I use your UI in 1600X1200 and the close X is only about 1/8th this size, with a large empty spot to its left.

IF this has been talked about I am sorry I read the last 5 pages looking for it, but 200+ posts is a bit
Unread 01-19-2005, 06:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Just want you to know that TabletsII causes that chat window bug. Well at least for me. Where at the moment of installation, all chat windows become locked in a sense. You cannot save any new chat windows or modify sizes or positions of any chat windows. The next time you log on, they will return to that locked state from when you first install the UI.

Not sure what it means, but even returning to the default UI, the bug will persist. So somehow this UI starts it up for me. Now I do not know if it is something to do with any and all UIs or what.

Last edited by redjackal : 01-19-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Unread 01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
A Brown Bear

I'm not sure if it is the UI or something else... I installed TabletsII to both my computer and my boyfriends. On his computer he has the problem with Ellyana's start button stat bar off screen, and unable to move. He also keeps having his chat windows reset.

I have the exact same mods and do not have either one of these issues. I was beginning to worry it was something I did!
Unread 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
I haven't found a way to block escape in a window without blocking it in other windows..Or taking away some other default feature..
I think I have this solved for windows that close on escape and both have and don't have a close button by default.

For a window that already has a close button, for the main window page object, give it:
Code:
OnHide="Visible=true"
then go to the close button and give it:
Code:
OnHoverIn="Parent.OnHide=' '" OnHoverOut="Parent.OnHide='Visible=true'"
That should allow the close button to work, not gum up the escape key, and I don't think it interferes with other windows closing.

For a window that lacks a close button, you'd have to add one, follow the same instructions as above, but also give the close button:
Code:
OnPress="Parent.Visible=false"
Unless simply copying a default close button over to a window that lacks one creates a normally functioning close button. I haven't tested.

Let me know if that works/doesn't/you've tried that already.

Quib
Unread 01-20-2005, 05:47 AM
A Forest Scavenger

i have redone the guild and tradeskillwindow for my own use.. maybe someone want this..

but i have an question.. as you can see in the tradeskill window the background from the recipes are still brown.. i cant find that damn file to change that.. any ideas?

btw.. dont worry about the german text. if you have an english version, all text will be english!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tablets.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	800  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml (9.6 KB, 244 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_tradeskills.xml (39.3 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by aslocum : 01-20-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Unread 01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiDXiAN
Thank you for the amazing work on this UI, I myself prefer the compass with the zone attached to the top of it (sorry no screenie). This is my first attempt at using xml at the guidance and information posted from this board. Hopefully the Author does not mind my adding this as an optional to the .zoneloc included.

ACiD

PS I do have one request. How would I remap the casting bar to use teh same smooth graphic like the player window uses for HP and Mana (using the fantasy_grey) instead of the solid boring default one.
I will check out the mod when I get a chance., thanks

The casting bar has been skinned in beta version 7.. Will be released soon(tm)
Unread 01-21-2005, 08:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qarma
Yay! In seriousness though, the stats I think needs a better, perhaps partitioned, background. I could probably do it with a bunch of frames but anything involving actual "art" is beyond me. I guess that is my request for the bottom of the list.
If you want to do the be my guest.. Just wait for me to release beta 7 (hopefully soon), and work off of that... I fixed the z order of the overflow slot and added a switch for paperdoll.. I for one think it looks ok with out the frames though.. It's functional, So it's 100% up to you
Unread 01-21-2005, 08:58 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorlin
Any chance you could do a 1600x1200 version?

Good work and I love the map changes!
Nope sorry my computer/monitor can't handle that resolution.. Highest my monitor goes is 1280x1024 60hz and it's killer on my eyes..
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:06 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedra
ok maybe i just missed it, but i really did look! mayeb you should make the answer to this question a sticky, because it sure anonys people to have to search manually thur a thread for an answer to a question. The search function on this forum sucks.

1st Question is, statbars, how do you make them stay on when you login/logout from EQ2. Evertime I logout, I have to open the statbars again when I login again.
You currently can't.. The UI doesn't save the custom windows that I added.. Hopefully they will add this in the future but who knows..
The next beta version I added the statbars to the LetterBox frame.. This will solve the problem if you use the UI with the default setup.. However if you wish to use custom locations you will still have to move them into place each time..
An alternative is to open the UI in UIBuilder and set there location where you want them.. That way they will show up in the correct location everytime you load the game..

Quote:
2nd Question, How do I make the 2 chat windows, 1 named system and the other named chat and have them keep systems specific to them. IE: System chat window has no input and no scroll, chat window has no scroll, but has input. again, when I logout and login again, I have to set this everytime.
Quote:
Sorry for the repeated question, but I cant find the answer, and I'm not sitting here for hours looking for it either, when I could be playing already!

Thanks,
This won't save unless they(SOE) write out the XML for each charecter's UI every time you log.. Nothing I can do about it sorry..
I did however include the other 3 layouts in the mods folder so you can choose the layout the UI loads up with..
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna
Okay, don't know if this was asked, probably was, but there's a lot of replies don't have time to read them all, so here goes.
Yep it was asked in the message right above yours

Quote:
When the interface is "done" will the windows that you now have to open with macros be saved? Like that Stat bars and the ZoneLoc bar, will those stay or will you always have to use the macros to open them?

Also, if you do have to always use the macros, will their position on screen ever save? I don't so much mind using the macros, takes only a few seconds to click those buttons, but I do find it tedious that I have to position the two stat bars and the zone location bar every time I log in b/c they don't pop up in the place where I move them to, they always pop in center and top of screen. So, will that ever hold, or is there anything we can change ourselves in the coding to make them pop up in a certain position?
Read the message above this one.. In short I can't make the client save posistions/visible flag for my custom windows in the UI.. You can open the UI with UIBuilder and set the locations there to where you want them in game and it will save them.. You would still have to open them your self with a macro though..

Quote:
Also, is there anyway you can add coin to one of the stat bars, or somewhere so that it's always visible on the main UI, have pretty much all info on the main UI except that.
Coin is on the bottom statbar...

Quote:
Also I thought I read somwhere that you could minimize the map instead of closing it altogether, how do you do that, or am I just imagining things, heh.
There is a button on the left of the title bar (Make sure you have beta6) Beta 7 is coming soon..

Quote:
But all in all this UI is amazing, the grey color looks so cool, haven't notice any bugs except that one that's listed as known with the adjusting the hotbars. Really great work on this, can't wait to see what you add in the months to come

wanted to also mention, in the quest journal, using maybe a 1.5-2 point larger font size would be helpful, font is a little small for my liking.
I will do mods with increased font size for some windows but dunno when I will get around to it..
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna
Okay, not sure this is a "bug" b/c I can't recall if this actually was the way it was before I was using tablets, heh.

But I think that before, when you targeted a player, you could right click their name in your target bar and it would have the options to inspect, who, etc. like when you right click on the player themselves, currently though with tablets you can't do that, you have to physically right click on the player to inspect them. This is a smaller problem but still something I'd like to see back as I used that feature, again, I'm pretty sure you could do this before, but been using tablets for a bit now so not 100% positive.
I have fixed this in beta 7 to be released soon.. Thanks for bug report.. I got rid of the lingering tooltip too.. It will say no target when you don't have a target..

Thanks again
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novawulf
Was fooling around with things and I'm thinking of working on a bio to flesh out my char .. how ever the chat input for the bio under the persona window doesn't want to take my input.
Thanks for bug report.. This will be fixed in beta 7..

Quote:
Also I don't know if this is your or Ellyana's work but I'm in love with her eq2 button/statbar mod, however when I load it on an alt the default of that mod makes it un-movable as the start button is default off the page to the left. The start of the stats is whats against the edge of the window and the eq2 button is not visable. Resetting all windows will also make it this way for me as well and well I can't figure out how to move them. Happened to me on a couple of alts. Can it be moved or is that a PM to ellyana?
Quote:
Request:
Can't remember if this is your mod or not but the Compass window/zone info window can it be set so we can resize the window (again is that a Pm to another author?)

Thanks
Hmm, are you talking about ACiDXiANs mod from a little above?? I haven't even looked at it yet.. Having a resizable compass should be posible but might be a pain it the a%*.. I will look at it sooner or later
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehel
First and for most. WOW love the mod... THe chat windows, Map and Compas are the best around... Everything else you have done just makes it that much better.

Now you know I wouldn't be here just singing you praises. OK so I would have had I not found something that anoyes the %^&$ out of me.

When I Inspect something in my invantory or from a link i can ESC out of them ( close them), But when I am at the Broker, I have to hit the X to close them. I Love that I cant close the broker by hitting ESC, but the inspection windows staying open is getting realy annoying. IS this a Function of the Broker window not closing?? If so Can you make it so the close X is MUCH larger ( longer ) I use your UI in 1600X1200 and the close X is only about 1/8th this size, with a large empty spot to its left.

IF this has been talked about I am sorry I read the last 5 pages looking for it, but 200+ posts is a bit
I haven't touched the broker window yet.. But I will look at this when I get the time..
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjackal
Just want you to know that TabletsII causes that chat window bug. Well at least for me. Where at the moment of installation, all chat windows become locked in a sense. You cannot save any new chat windows or modify sizes or positions of any chat windows. The next time you log on, they will return to that locked state from when you first install the UI.

Not sure what it means, but even returning to the default UI, the bug will persist. So somehow this UI starts it up for me. Now I do not know if it is something to do with any and all UIs or what.
I'm not expierencing this so I don't know how to help ya.. Probably the clients setting save on log is still messed up.. But I don't know sorry...
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebaidah
I'm not sure if it is the UI or something else... I installed TabletsII to both my computer and my boyfriends. On his computer he has the problem with Ellyana's start button stat bar off screen, and unable to move. He also keeps having his chat windows reset.

I have the exact same mods and do not have either one of these issues. I was beginning to worry it was something I did!
I have no idea what is going on there.. I think the clients code for saving the UI settings is still very buggy.. I still haven't played with Ellyana's statbars either sorry.. She might have a better idea
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidfury
Thanks~!

On 2) Chat windows, and the Quest journal, the hotbars can have black background too, but thats not necesary.
I added a mod to the mod folder for black background on chat window..

I will add mods for the background of the journal windows and hotkeys windows to black in later versions

Quote:
On 3) Font size is too small.
I don't plan on increasing fontsizes until I have finished the UI for 1024x768.. (My Resolution )

Quote:
On 5) Dark grey would work, it's just the Contrast I'm looking for, perhaps dark grey background, with the foreground colors a lil brighter?
Next Version I increased the contrast the colered back grounds for gauges by darkening it some and lightening the foreground some..
Check it out when I release it, and let me know if the grey is still needed..
I kinda don't want to do this because I will have to add mods for every window with a gauge..

Quote:
On 6) Well my hotkey bars don't have bank labels, they are just plain like I was looking for =), cept they close when I hit escape, one by one =// ... So I guess it is that mod you speak of. Anything you can do to correct it? I can live with the escape closing them over the Bank labels being there, because the bank labels annoy me greater. But if you can fix the hotbars where they are plain, with No labels of any kind, just boxes, AND escape doesn't close them then you're a genius =)
Ok I added brand new Hotkeys to Beta 7.. The Bank selector disappears and shows with the frame.. I also added a button to the upper left corner of the frame to toggle it.. If you click the bank number on the bank selector the labels turn off and on.. There will be mods to default the labels off..

Quote:
Thanks! Let me know what you do, when, and where I can find them.. I'll be monitoring this forum. I thought Agathorn was just taking over your Tablets UI for EQ2,... Now I see your involved.. So not sure whats what hehe.

Thanks again.
Yep I'm Involved.. This is my baby, my personal UI, I love tinkering with the UI..

Agathorn has done a few mods available in the thread and I believe one or two windows that are in the UI package so far. And, I appreciate his/her and everyone elses input

Last edited by Talyns : 01-21-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Unread 01-21-2005, 09:52 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslocum
i have redone the guild and tradeskillwindow for my own use.. maybe someone want this..

but i have an question.. as you can see in the tradeskill window the background from the recipes are still brown.. i cant find that damn file to change that.. any ideas?

btw.. dont worry about the german text. if you have an english version, all text will be english!
Cool I will check them out later.. I've been holding off on most stuff to do with tradeskilling for now though.. I haven't played enough or with enough people to find a guild so haven't even seen that window in game..

The brown color bug is probably a Color property or BackgroundColor Property for one of the pages in the window..
Unread 01-22-2005, 07:40 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
I added a mod to the mod folder for black background on chat window..

I will add mods for the background of the journal windows and hotkeys windows to black in later versions
Thank you sir!

Quote:
I don't plan on increasing fontsizes until I have finished the UI for 1024x768.. (My Resolution )
I understand, There is I in team though! , Kidding.. I used 1024x768 Exclusively for many years only until recently I upped it a *TAD* to 1152x864 -- Which if you do the math comes out to a .75 Ratio, The same as our beloved 1024x768. IE: The proportions are exact, just more screenspace.

As I saw you mention, your monitor only goes to x resolution at 60 some odd refresh.. Alot of people underestimate Refresh rates.. Either my eyes are super sensitive, or I have just been around my beloved 100hz Refresh lock on both my comps for 5 years. Anyhow, The bump in screen space at 1152x864 was only done on 2 conditions -- A) My monitor supported 100Hz ,..NO less with it, and B) It didn't impair playability , IE: Video Lag, AkA Decreased Framerates. Both conditions were met, and wallah -- I'm used to it, have more actual room to SEE the game, rather than 60% of my screen for UI and 40% game window (Remember the OLD EQ1 days with the Big Frame?) hehe.

Quote:
Next Version I increased the contrast the colered back grounds for gauges by darkening it some and lightening the foreground some..
Check it out when I release it, and let me know if the grey is still needed..
I kinda don't want to do this because I will have to add mods for every window with a gauge..
It's all about the contrast, And Some color on black is normally the most contrast you can obtain-- However your solution sounds like just enough to add flavor while meeting my *oh so stringent* requirements

I won't bother you to do the darker backgrounds on the gauges if it is a headache.. Trust me, I know design headaches!

Quote:
Ok I added brand new Hotkeys to Beta 7.. The Bank selector disappears and shows with the frame.. I also added a button to the upper left corner of the frame to toggle it.. If you click the bank number on the bank selector the labels turn off and on.. There will be mods to default the labels off..
Very, very nice! Integrating them into the frames is smart, sort of turns your Chat options into an auto toggle... However, those same options don't save, so your mods to default them off is Smart.

Quote:
Yep I'm Involved.. This is my baby, my personal UI, I love tinkering with the UI..

Agathorn has done a few mods available in the thread and I believe one or two windows that are in the UI package so far. And, I appreciate his/her and everyone elses input

I felt a little silly after posting that question upon thinking, hmm lets go back to thread page 1 and just look. Ahh Talons starts the entire thing of course,.. *Insert foot in mouth*.. I know and remember your hard work with Tablets through EQ1, I used it for years, and am very pleased to see you at work with II. (And as you can see, I'm not alone! ) .

I am also very impressed with your cander in which you have taken the time to address each and every one of us "users and fans" individually,.. Also that you have supported a *free* product this long. I suppose if you didn't play would you still do it? You said you loved tinkering with them, so I think you might.

Anyhow, I anxiously await the release of your next version. Take your time to include all fixes you can,.. We all want it now, but the more you can offer the better. Unless of course you plan on monitoring your release for a few days and throw out some patches to us.

Take care,
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
A Griffon

I uploaded Beta 7 and it's ready to download..

Stuff I remember changing/adding:

I have moved the statbars to the LetterBoxFrame and will move when you shrink and grow the letter box and save their location.. Turning the letter box off will hide the statbars in which case you can use the /show_window commands.. These statbars do not save location..
The old letterbox frame is in a folder in the mods folder..

I will add mods next version:
One to put the top bar on bottom and the bottom bar on the top..
One to put both bars on the top and one for the bottom..

I added a merged statbar that you can open with
/show_window MainHUD.MergedStatBar

I have added unique button graphics for minimize, restore, and layout..
I added more contrast to gauge graphics in both graphic sets..
Also changed the titlebars..

I added a new Hotkey window with a compressed version in the mods folder..
Bank selectors are normally off.. To show it either press the button on the frame, or show the frame in window options and it will appear..

Put finishing touches on the multiple layout bags.. Will add mods so they can defaulted to the other two layouts in the next beta version..

You can now right_click the target window to send tells and inspect
Also made it so the tooltip clears when you don't have a target

Fixed the CloseKey blocker on the map window.. It will no longing interfare with other windows..

Fixed a small bug in the new inventory window and added a switch to show/hide stats

I skinned the edit macro window, breath, and casting windows..

Added a chatwindow mod that has a black backdrop

Added an exp. window mod that shows both Adventure and Tradeskill at once.. Right clicking the window and choosing between the two will change which bar is on top..

Last edited by Talyns : 01-24-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 01-25-2005, 08:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking

Looks great, cant wait to try the new version

You didnt mention it but did you fix it so you can edit youe Bio now?

EDIT: ok, i tested it and you can edit your bio just fine

Bad point about new version is it gets rid of your level on the player window (near your Name.. usualy topleft)

I copied the old beta6 version and its back so im happy

Map window is still a bit funky..

The Inspect Player window hasnt been reskinned yet nor has the friend list window (y button)

Very nice UI though.. I use this for all my charecters.

Dont know if its possible but could you create a default layout?
So when a new toon is made its already mostly configed?

Last edited by Unique : 01-25-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Pet window

Great UI, good job. Like the pet window, but the attack button needs to be bigger. You could remove one of the stay commands, either stay or pet guard, and increase the attack button to be with size of the first two buttons.

Other than that, great.

Almost forgot, button is too small to hit during battle, i have UI set to 1280 x 1024.

Aatiin

Last edited by Aatiin : 01-26-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Unread 01-26-2005, 11:25 PM
A Grove Wisp

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier or not... but i have a slight problem that sometimes the most recent few lines of chat are not visible... i have have to wait for more to be said before they scroll into the chat window... camping and relogging in usually fixxes it... but it is starting to get a little annoying... otherwise i ABSOLUTELY ADORE this mod... thanks for your hard work on it.