EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-31-2005, 03:04 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default Laffs...

I'm not sure if this is genderly correct (seeing as you have the teddybear i'm just guessing..) YOU ARE THE MAN! I'm going to get it and instal the correction then =) hehehe thanks for your work...

btw: could you just do me this one tenny... favor?

have a cold one for me?! hehehe <VEG>... you thought i was gonna ask for a mod... nah you do great work!

Krylosis
Unread 07-31-2005, 07:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Yeh lol thanks and yes i am male... The name I use Laffs go's back a long time on the net so it seemed right to continue using it lol...

Pleased you like the UI ... Its nice to get thank you messages
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default argh. i hate to say this but.

the dubble stat line is fixed, but the window keeps shrinking on me, i have to keep resizing it to get the stat info i need. i'm trying to seeif camping and re-loging will do it. =) any suggestions?

no it didn't work. it's resetting all the time. please let me know how to fix this =)

krylosis.
Unread 08-01-2005, 08:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylosis
the dubble stat line is fixed, but the window keeps shrinking on me, i have to keep resizing it to get the stat info i need. i'm trying to seeif camping and re-loging will do it. =) any suggestions?

no it didn't work. it's resetting all the time. please let me know how to fix this =)

krylosis.
Hmm.... I gather its the bottom stat line you want visible so that you can see the pet health etc?

If this is the case I will set the window hight to change with the view EG frames or none... That's gotta do the trick
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Question

I got a question. The little square thing that can close and open the sections of the raid window. I moved it around and I moved it to the left and it just dissapeared... How do I fix this? Cause I'd really like that little square back
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
A Griffon

Its funny how its placement managed to get saved since it is within another window /shrug

I will have a look at this as well ..

Oks Target window changed again try this version attached here

The raid control box... You will have to go into game window options and uncheck the box to not allow game windows offscreen and then it should come back... place it where you want it then check the box to allow windows off screen again.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (17.0 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 08-01-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:34 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default sigh.

Laffs,

I just tried your Target xml from here, and I expand it to show the pet window AND the stats at the bottom, (with frames on), it reduces back as soon as i get a target. I did zone with it open. Both with it locked in place and not locked in place it reduces again. this wasn't a problem till one of the last three or so revisions. and i tried it with out frames and it pops back down again to the target only. also without frames and fully extended you get two lines of stats. with frams you see the pet window and one line of stats.

i have a Radeon ATI X800 video card here and anyways, any other help i can be? am I the only one with this issue.. oh also i'm using the 1600 by 1200 resolution.

Krylosis.
Unread 08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Laffs,

I just tried your Target xml from here, and I expand it to show the pet window AND the stats at the bottom, (with frames on), it reduces back as soon as i get a target. I did zone with it open. Both with it locked in place and not locked in place it reduces again. this wasn't a problem till one of the last three or so revisions. and i tried it with out frames and it pops back down again to the target only. also without frames and fully extended you get two lines of stats. with frams you see the pet window and one line of stats.

i have a Radeon ATI X800 video card here and anyways, any other help i can be? am I the only one with this issue.. oh also i'm using the 1600 by 1200 resolution.

Krylosis.

This is the first time the target window has been changed in like 5 revisions or more... I will load this up with my little necro and see what happens... sounds like a croupt char-settings file you got to me likes now..

Anyway I will post my findings tonight and a fix if its needed.
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:07 PM
A Griffon

Couldnt manage to reproduce this at all ... closest I got was upon logging in the first time the target windows view was messed up as you described in first post but just setting it to frame to show the pet part fixed it and it never did it again.. logged in/out 3 times to make sure..

Just thought what con system you using simple(new) or detailed(old)?

My tests were done using the detailed.
Unread 08-02-2005, 03:43 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default hmmm

could be. i'll try the new ini files.. hopefully i'll be able to get the hot key bars to sit right =) i'll let you know later what i end up finding out =) thanks.

Krylosis.
Unread 08-02-2005, 07:42 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default Nope still does it

ok laffs,

I just took the newest char settings.ini file, revamped the eq2.ini file and i get the same issue i can expand it to full size, BUT when i target somethingor something hits me it resets to the size. zoneing does not affect it, only targeting it. I really want to use your UI at the 1600 by 1200 setting, but i don't think it will continue to work and thus i will have to find another ui. (I don't want to but i can't run the game properly like this. now so you know i've coppied two files over in the pet at the bottom right maybe i should just not do that hmmm i'll try that next

Krylosis

Edit: re-installed, now going to try the new window but it's not looking good but your message said you tried zoning alot and camping, but did you target anything? i'll let you know what i find out, i'm also going to see if the laffs lite sticks properly. and then i might leave that target window in but the rest of this one. hmm

Last edited by Krylosis : 08-02-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Unread 08-02-2005, 08:01 PM
A Griffon

AH !

1600x1200 settings file maybe that is the problem then! .... I will post a new one as that file is very untested at that rez... check back tomorrow pls and i will have one posted here for you to try ... but try the other pet windows as well just in case pls

Unread 08-02-2005, 08:22 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default hehehe yes.

ahh perhaps that's why... hehe and it's not working in the slightest =( same issue.
Unread 08-03-2005, 03:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having a SEVERE problem with your UI. I've followed your install instructions completely, as far as I can see (triple checked), but when I load up the game, my screen looks like this:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2...terface8ui.jpg

You'll notice that not all the windows in your UI screenshots are present in this screenshot (I'm using your alt windows too), and they're not where they're supposed to be when basing it off your example screenshots. Am I missing something here? Where are all the windows? And do I have to put the UI together like a puzzle to make it look like you did?

Confused and frustrated.
Unread 08-03-2005, 08:06 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default make sure

make sure you copy the server_character_eq2_uisettings(xxxx by xxxx).ini is coppied to your main directory, rename it by replacing your server name where it says server and character name where it says characters, ALSO remove the resolution numbersand the ( ). if you don't take the resolution info off the file will not be read correctly.

Krylosis.
Unread 08-03-2005, 11:53 AM
A Griffon

Just to add to that...

The problem there seems to be with the letterbox size... resize your letterbox down a bit in game options and they should slot together.

Either that or make sure you are using the "eq2.ini" file that I supplied... Dont use /loadui command as it dont use that file.

Windows not showing... alt+t , alt+u
Unread 08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
A Griffon

Krylosis,

Try this settings file... and close the hotbar under the target window and then select frame in the target windows options (as you already know lol)

I couldnt get this to break.... this is the last thing I can think of doing..
Attached Files
File Type: zip server_charname_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.1 KB, 236 views)
Unread 08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

antoniabayle_Dalorada_eq2_uisettings.ini is what it currently looks like. Is that wrong in any way?

Also, what does the letterbox size have to do with all the frames being jumbled around my screen and not together? Do I have to manually put the UI together like a puzzle?

And, not all the frames are on my screen that are on your screenshots.. does that have tod o with the antoniabayle_Dalorada_eq2_uisettings.ini ?

EDIT: alt+t, alt+u frames are already showing on the screenshot I linked you to.
Unread 08-03-2005, 09:20 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default neurro, Laffs

try this. delete your current character ini file, go into the zip or the directory that came out of the zip, rename the correct ini file and move it to the eq2 main directory. =) that should put things together easily enough. hehe

Laffs, i'll try the new ini file. thanks.

krylosis
Unread 08-03-2005, 09:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
try this. delete your current character ini file, go into the zip or the directory that came out of the zip, rename the correct ini file and move it to the eq2 main directory. =) that should put things together easily enough. hehe

Laffs, i'll try the new ini file. thanks.

krylosis
Er.. how is that any different than renaming it after I put it in my main EQ2 directory? And, you didn't answer any of my other questions :-\
Unread 08-04-2005, 12:33 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default ARGH and I hope this helps

Laffs,

I tried that ini file. it is not correct. i tried an older version of your ui target window, I've tried re-loading eq fresh and just installing that. the issue happens. now the issue is not the double line of stats, but the issue seems to be with the UI files. something in it is not working right, i don't know the codes or i'd dive into the files to see what the issue is. now it seems to be that the window is codedto be the reduced size and it is resetting to it's default. perhaps you could code one to start out like i'd like it pretty please? hehehe anyways i've adapted, putthe pet window at the top left for when i play my mage here. and set the target down so i can see it and have no breaks in the ui =)

and for the other issue about the .ini files:

"Also, what does the letterbox size have to do with all the frames being jumbled around my screen and not together? Do I have to manually put the UI together like a puzzle?

And, not all the frames are on my screen that are on your screenshots.. does that have tod o with the antoniabayle_Dalorada_eq2_uisettings.ini ?

EDIT: alt+t, alt+u frames are already showing on the screenshot I linked you to."

ok first, doing what i jsut suggested takes a ini file that may already be set at one setting with the original ones distributed with the zip file.

the letterbox will make some of the windows and frames not work right so you put it at 0 before anything else.

the screenshots you refer to may or may not show some windows as they may be off screen and the .ini file moves them tothe correct position.
Unread 08-04-2005, 01:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I did what you said and it didn't change anything.
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:27 AM
A Griffon

Krylosis,

As a guess your target window is holding its size from when you play an alt with no pet and not getting set back... I have seen it happen before but like I say only once..

Thing to do then is I post a target window here that is already its full size for you to use ... hope this solves the problem..

neurro,

You didnt answer my question either....

Are you using the "eq2.ini" file that comes with this UI ? or are you using /loadui

The letterbox has a big impact on quite a few windows positions also the frames etc on the others..

Reason I said toggle the player and the target window with the hotkeys is its those 2 windows that force the ones you are missing to show up!
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_target.zip (2.5 KB, 218 views)
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:42 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default I'll try that =)

Thanks Laffs, you are by far the best hehehe.. well even when i have a pet it reduces. (I do have a lowbie mage). but i'll download it and try it tongiht =) and I still think your ui (iknow it's variants off of tye jae and perdition) rocks the most!

Krylosis

LAFFS!!!! I've got only one thing to say to you!!!!

YOUR ARE THE BOMB! the window works!!!! hehehe thanks you are the best!

Krylosis

Last edited by Krylosis : 08-04-2005 at 10:08 PM. Reason: new information!
Unread 08-05-2005, 07:40 AM
A Griffon

Thanks

Still hard to work out why it does that on your system likes .... but hey long as it works who cares lol