EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default All my POI are gone now since the GU57 patch

hi

After i logged in today after the patch all the POI are gone.

I downloaded all the files again and they are still gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:30 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy I believe you are seeing the EQ2 game maps

HI, I'm having trouble with EQ2 Maps since the GU 57 install today also. What you are seeing, I believe, is NOT the EQ2 Map Interface, but rather the regular game maps. SoE has made a serious effort to completely redesign their internal game maps, and have added some features linking the Quest Helper with the mapping system. Their goal was a lovely one, it just doesn't work right yet. Furthermore, it really interferes with the EQ2 Map Updater interface in the game.

The really frustrating thing about this is that it is is NOT a problem for everyone in game! Some folks have EQ2 Maps working beautifully. They can use the search function to find POIs and get light trails to their chosen mobs. But folks like you and me are stuck with an unusable EQ2 Map interface. Nothing I've tried seems to work to get it operating now. I completely removed EQ2 Map Updater, and reinstalled it. Ran the updater and reinstalled all the files. They're all there. They just don't work in the game now. The EQ2 Map Interface that you know and love appears in the game, right? But you can't get the search field to open the POI list so you can select a POI and get a light trail to it? That's my problem too. Good luck. I hope they can fix it! Infuriating not to be able to use it, and have SOny's retarded map system superimposing itself over the top of the EQ2 Maps, which it is doing!
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Try updating EQ2MAP now. The GU57 update is live on the update server so maybe that will fix your issues.