EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-15-2007, 09:07 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost
Default strange "alert" in game

Hi!
I was just wondering if anyone else has had any strange slerts in game since LU38.
I noticed the other night, once while buffing and then once just after I zoned into Kaladim. The text says something about needing a designer to create a custom string... sorry I can't remember the exact phrasing.

Im wondering if it is something that changed with the lu and is conflicting with my UI or if it might be a custom macro im using that is now..."wrong"
I didn't notice any kind of problems with the exception of the message in my chat box, it is still quite unerving not to mention irritating.
If anyone has a clue as to what it might be refering to or how I might (fix) the problem, could you give me some advice please?
Thank you!
Lexi
Unread 09-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Might be able to help you more with the exact message you recieved, as night now I'm not sure what it is would give a message like that on zoning,

Also what custom UI are you using, and which windows does it customize?
Unread 09-15-2007, 10:23 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Might be able to help you more with the exact message you recieved, as night now I'm not sure what it is would give a message like that on zoning,

Also what custom UI are you using, and which windows does it customize?
As I said I cannot remember the exact message, I might be able to recreate it if I could get into game (atm I cannot)
As for the UI, Im using various pieces for different windows...clock xp dressing room casting breathing...I am not using any custom "chat" window though, just the default window. However I have added this mod
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...WoodTheme.html
which changes the colors on all the windows to a wood grain look. I believe that was the last one I installed before 38 went live,with the exceptions of a few I already had that were recently updated (like Ricks XP bar)
The more I think about it the more I think it might be a result of the custom Macros' I use I was just uncertain as to what would be the cause and decided to try a process of elimination.

The fact that I got it just after zoning in to Kaladim, once after using a port to Faydwer, and once after reviving in Loping plains, led me to the confusion between zoning/buffing (each time I died or zoned had to re-do buffs or change target of the buffs)
I will try this evening to "recreate" it by just zoning and not buffing right away, will also attempt to isolate it by NOT zoning and then using one macro at a time and see if the text reappears.
Sorry for the vagueness earlier.
Lexi
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

If the message just appears on your screen can you take a screenshot and attach it here? If it appears in your chat window can you turn on your /log and just paste it here?

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
A Weald Wolf

Last night while playing, I removed all the ingame macros I created and just used the buffs without zoning.
This is the exact message that appeared in my chat box:

Requires a designer to write a custom failure string.

Again Im not sure which buff is causing it or weather the buff is actually firing off, but I am going to try and take some more time today in game, if I can, and use them then remove them one by one and see if I receive that message with any specific buff.

I just wanted to update this post and let ya'll know Im still perplexed by it.

Lexi
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I got that too the other day while playing my warden in sinking sands. I don't remember if it was around buffing time, but if it was, it would have been the same old buffs I always cast and have never before nor since gotten that message again. I use a hodgepodge of ui pieces too, all windows modded.
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Sounds like one of the spells failed and when EQ2 looked up the failure string for that spell in it's data table it couldn't find it so it defaulted to that string.
Unread 09-18-2007, 01:03 PM
A Weald Wolf

Well at least I know it's not just me and (probably) what caused the "message" now so it's server side error and nothing I did....Right?
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah that's not a UI thing, that sounds like a bad file (so fun a full scan) or something server side.
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:53 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Many of these issues were addressed several months back in GU34. A Bug Report should be submited for any Spell that continues to provide and in-game error message.

This is probably just one that they missed as opposed to a UI issue.
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I get the same error at random times too, still havent figured out whats causing it (skill/spell wise) tho since i play a few classes and they have each recieved the error...

guess ill need to pay closer attention =p