EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Default Add-on (replacement?) for EQ2Map Spoiler Project mod comming soon!

I have long been using and enjoying mother9987's Map Spoiler Project Mod for EQ2Map. But the problem was that she only updated it once in a blue moon and the spoiler lists always seemed to be a small portion of the POIs listed on any given map. The spoiler link names given were also a bit confusing sometimes.

So after toying with the idea for a while I finally decided to put my programming skills to some good use and see if I could reverse-engineer a program or script to generate complete spoiler lists for every POI. Well I'm happy to say I've succeeded And as a bonus I found that I could add tooltips for every spoiler link that gives full info about a POI much like the actual EQ2MAP icons. And without all the annoying trying to hold the mouse pointer over a specific mini-dot.

I still have some final testing to do but assuming it all looks good I'll put up the zip file with the updated .xml files tonight or tomorrow. The one thing I haven't done yet is added a way to autogenerate the plugin7.xml file so zones that are new to EQ2Map since the last spoiler mod update still probably won't have spoiler links. But every other zone should get a complete list of links with tooltip info for each.

The program I used to do it is a Perl script that I'm still debating whether or not to release to the public. I probably will just post bi-weekly or so .xml file updates to eq2interface.com and only release the code if I decide to quit the game (not likely any time soon).
Unread 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

all i can say is good job... and yes, it's hard to protect intellectual property... but my suggestion would be to GPL it... open source is always better

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 03-14-2007, 11:45 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Kithicor

The mod is now up and available as you can probably see under the new mods list. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions for it. Though keep in mind that it has some of the same UI issues as the Spoiler Mod like the need to open your map twice to get the POI Finder window to populate.