EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-02-2005, 12:37 AM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Najena
Default Fetish Nightfall & [OCD-Adv] quest journal ?s

I absolutely love the look of Nightfall (it matches my armor ) and I absolutely love the OCD-Adv quest journal But, alas, they don't match. So I set about trying to "skin" the journal. Here's what I have so far:

I've gone over the XML file a few times and I can't seem to find the right code to change the tabs at the top of the journal or the yellowish border around the quest list and quest detail. I'm also having trouble identifying the right code to change the "sort by category" drop down menu. With the tabs, I tried looking at the code for the Community window, and the style for those tabs appeared to have the same name as the ones in the journal, but they show up different in-game. I also tried adding in "Fetish." in front of the "style=" attributes, as that was a way to change most of the other stuff, but I ended up with black boxes. And is there any way to change the check boxes in the quest detail that mark your progress in quests?

Sorry if I'm not supposed to mess with code like this, but I take no credit for any of it. (I'm a bit new at this) Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Unread 09-02-2005, 09:30 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

You're on the right track. Best aproach would be to pull up a copy of the unmodified Fetish Journal code next to your modified code. Replace any style values in your file with the style values from Fetish.

In many cases the only difference is the prepended /Fetish on the style but in some cases the entire string is different. Best to just replace the whole value.
Unread 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Thank you very much! I'll give that a shot
Unread 09-03-2005, 02:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Zonx, thanks for suggesting doing that! I was able to skin the whole thing comparing to the Fetish journal