EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-06-2005, 08:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Begining UI Design

I program in a few different languages and am self taught but alot of this ui stuff is really weird when I look at it. I know how to use the uibuilder and all but I was wondering if there was a good resource for learning how to make my own changes/pieces for example id like to start my making my own player piece with larger bars and % and health #'s. Im not asking for a how to but rather just where to start to learn this stuff (if a how-to for something similar exists then thats fine too I learn great from example as well)

Thanks alot.
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer81
I program in a few different languages and am self taught but alot of this ui stuff is really weird when I look at it. I know how to use the uibuilder and all but I was wondering if there was a good resource for learning how to make my own changes/pieces for example id like to start my making my own player piece with larger bars and % and health #'s. Im not asking for a how to but rather just where to start to learn this stuff (if a how-to for something similar exists then thats fine too I learn great from example as well)

Thanks alot.
Tony did a small how-to for UI Builder, which can be found as a sticky in the XML help thread ....

Hmmm, I'll one-up myself: Here is the direct link: Tony's How-To

Also, read the UI Customization document included within the EQ2 folder somewhere.
Unread 05-07-2005, 11:47 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yea I understand how to do everything in that doc i did go through and read that was wondering if there was anything more advanced then that. Im guessing to make my own health bars I need to do my own images etc?
Unread 05-07-2005, 12:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer81
Yea I understand how to do everything in that doc i did go through and read that was wondering if there was anything more advanced then that. Im guessing to make my own health bars I need to do my own images etc?
No and yes, in that order. After Tony's tutorial, its kinda hit 'n' run. There isnt anything else more advanced. But yes, you would need to alter and/or change your DDS file for progressbars if you wanted to change them