EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw
Default Removing Top/Bottom Letterbox Frame

Has anyone been able to remove the top or bottom part of the letterbox frame so that when the slider is used in the game options only half will appear and cause the background settings of the overlaying windows to change?

I ask this because at the moment I have a UI setup like screenshot 1; in screenshot 2 the remaining black background is from the unused (afaik) MainHUD.quickbar with most elements deleted. That was then stretched behind the other windows, which all had to be clicked on in order to bring them in front of it.

Restarting the game, the quickbar was gone which would mean repeating the whole placement process. My point is, is there an easier way to do this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2519  Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	2520  
Unread 04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindlethorn
Has anyone been able to remove the top or bottom part of the letterbox frame so that when the slider is used in the game options only half will appear and cause the background settings of the overlaying windows to change?

I ask this because at the moment I have a UI setup like screenshot 1; in screenshot 2 the remaining black background is from the unused (afaik) MainHUD.quickbar with most elements deleted. That was then stretched behind the other windows, which all had to be clicked on in order to bring them in front of it.

Restarting the game, the quickbar was gone which would mean repeating the whole placement process. My point is, is there an easier way to do this?
You might be able to change the letterbox to how you want. In UI Builder if you expand LetterboxFrame you will see Three pages, FramePage, TopBlackPage, and BottomBlackPage.Im not positive on this, but for whichever page you want, you should be able to either set Opacity="0.000" (totally see thru) or Visible="false" (just wont see it)

Failing that, You should be able to set the quickbar to always on bottom (i forget the exact syntax for that though. Alwaysonbottom="true" ... maybe

EDIT: i tried both the visiblity and opacity and neither worked. yer gonna hafta set the quickbar to always on bottom

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-27-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Unread 04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Splitpaw
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Failing that, You should be able to set the quickbar to always on bottom (i forget the exact syntax for that though. Alwaysonbottom="true" ... maybe
Heh, and you solve the problem in one fell swoop

Now is there a way to get it to load up with the rest of the UI instead of with /show_window?

Cheers

~G
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:15 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindlethorn
Heh, and you solve the problem in one fell swoop

Now is there a way to get it to load up with the rest of the UI instead of with /show_window?

Cheers

~G
I believe the reason for that is the quickbar is set with visible=false. If you change the property to true, it should work. I could be mistaken on that part though. Glad I could help ^_^

EDIT: According to Insom's boxybox (same idea as you, uses mainhud.character.xml instead of quickbar) OnHide=(visible="true") That should effectively keep it open.

that box can be found HERE

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-28-2005 at 12:27 AM.