EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Cool My EQ2 Maps don't work after GU #57 :(

I started having difficulty with the EQ2 Maps in the new EQ2 Extended Alpha on the test server. I couldn't get them to work properly although I could see them with the POIs on them. But the Search function was not working, nor was the Light Trail generating when I clicked on a map POI.

Now that GU #57 has been installed with the new UI, they don't work in my regular game either. I've tried re-running all the maps (which appeared to be working) in the Updater, then I removed the entire EQ2 Map Updater from the PC, made sure all the files and folders were out of the special UI folder I had created for EQ2 Maps in my EQ2 game folder, and reran the Map Updater. Still no go! I've discovered the game is substituting it's own internal map system over my EQ2 Maps, and the regular game maps lack the POIs, obviously. They also lack the search function that EQ2 Maps has obviously. However, strangely enough, the EQ2 Map interface appears in the game, making it appear that they are working. It's very frustrating. I guess I am very dependant on my wonderful EQ2 Map Updater search function, and I'm lost without it. I hope you folks can find a solution to this problem. I'm running Windows XP, nVidia GeForce 8800 and don't think that's the issue. This new Game Update supposedly makes it possible to see POIs for a specific quest if the quest is checked in the Log and appears in the Quest Helper, but that doesn't work. The regular game maps DO show a highlighted area where the quest log has open quests, but it's useless if you can't do a search on a mob name and then get a light trail to it. Those missing light trails are a pain! HELP!