EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-12-2010, 06:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Fetish bugging EQ2Maps and Party Icons

The Fetish Interface file EQ2Map_Ignorelist.XML is bugging the party dots interface that was recently fixed by SOE and EQ2Map. The solution is to REMOVE, DELETE, DESTROY, CANCEL, EXANGUINATE, and/or TRASH the file and restore the default map interface so that party dots will show up again. While the defaulted Fetish map interface WILL allow you to see dots of party members who are in different zones, as soon as you zone into the same area as another party member, the dots disappear.

If the portion of the ignorelist that is causing this problem to occur can be removed, that would be great. If not, I'm willing to deal with the skinability of the map window being removed to have the functionality of the dots. It's sad that my map window doesn't match everything else now, but I want my dots.
Unread 03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

The two files that needed to be updated by eq2Map for the fix were _Skinnable_Styles.xml and _Skinnable_Location_Images.xml from what I understand from reading the thread in their forum. I've yet to do any file compair of both to fix it for my own system but once I do I'll be sure to update this post with changes I make if it works til Zonx can get a fix in.

The two files below go into your UI/FetishNightfall/eq2map2 directory I've edited them to include code added on the last update, rename your old files and test these out. YMMV as I'm not a coder just offering them up until Zonx can peek at it. I've tested them in game and they seem to work fine for me. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: xml _Skinnable_Location_Images.xml (1.9 KB, 467 views)
File Type: xml _Skinnable_Styles.xml (6.9 KB, 449 views)

Last edited by Lalanu : 03-13-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Added files
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

This brilliant decision by SoE to change the dots has certainly screwed a lot of things up. I shall give these two files a whirl and get back to you on them. Thanx for the input.
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophon View Post
This brilliant decision by SoE to change the dots has certainly screwed a lot of things up. I shall give these two files a whirl and get back to you on them. Thanx for the input.
The issue was when the small, over-colored battlegrounds dots got applied outside of battlegrounds as well; when they changed that so that we can use our old icons in the normal game, they changed the icons a bit.

The only thing it screwed up were the group icons. But anyway, if those files don't work all you have to do is remove the references to those to from your eq2map_ignorelist file in your fetish directory and run the patcher. The map won't look quite right (it'll use the official EQ2MAP icons instead of Zonx's set, and the buttons will be a little big) but the group icons will work. I've attached a version of the ignorelist with those two files commented out, if Lalanu's files do not work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2map_ignorelist.xml (490 Bytes, 310 views)

Last edited by lordebon : 03-14-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Unread 03-15-2010, 03:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes, after I reloaded Fetish and updated EQ2Maps, then re-applied the files she sent, the y worked and I have the skins, dots and grouptags. Yea! Thank you all.
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

My group dots still aren't working. What should I do???
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Elfrodite:

The files I posted were a patch for version 11.2 of FetishNightfall and worked well with that. Zonx has since updated to version 11.3 and these files are no longer needed for that version. I would suggest you pop over to the downloads section and update to the new version as there are several other fixes as well.
Unread 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Sweet, didn't realize there was a newer version. Thanks! I will get right on that.
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

i was not aware that there is any updated version thanks for posting