EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-30-2006, 03:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Aaaaaugh!

ok, I installed my custom UI just fine on my desktop, bags, hotbar, and xp bar

now I have loaded the game 50 times or so on my laptop and cannot get them to work. I play on test, I have rechecked everything a zillion times. I have like 15 copies of eq2.ini pasted in every folder that is inside my sony folder and it will not load.
any ideas what I'm missing?
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempestaria
ok, I installed my custom UI just fine on my desktop
Therrrrrrrrre's your sign (in best Bill Engvall voice)

In order to use any custom UIs or mods found here, the files need to be in a folder within the proper UI directory. In your case, since you play on the Test server, you would put it in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\TestServer\UI.

All those extra copies of your eq2.ini file can be (probably should, to be honest) be deleted, as the only one you need should be in yor base TestServer directory. You can either modify it yourself (instructions found here) or let the game do it for you by using the /loadui command in game.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 08-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Therrrrrrrrre's your sign (in best Bill Engvall voice)

In order to use any custom UIs or mods found here, the files need to be in a folder within the proper UI directory. In your case, since you play on the Test server, you would put it in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\TestServer\UI.

All those extra copies of your eq2.ini file can be (probably should, to be honest) be deleted, as the only one you need should be in yor base TestServer directory. You can either modify it yourself (instructions found here) or let the game do it for you by using the /loadui command in game.
Ouch. /em hands Lazaru5 HIS/HER sign

I'm 99% sure By Desktop they meant a desktop PC (not portable -- a tower or actual desktop) and not the desktop of the windows install hehe.

To the OP: Did you try copying the entire UI directory from your desktop PC to your portable, and then copy over the eq2.ini?