EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-05-2006, 02:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Which 2 add-ons should a newbie use?

Aside from EQ2MAP, which 2 add-ons should new players like myself be looking at? I am a Warden.
Thanks
How786
Unread 07-05-2006, 04:15 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

to be honest, asking for 2 mods is a little strange, why 2, why not 3? do you consider the ProfitUI or Fetish etc as one mod or lots?

It really depends what it is that you dont like about the default. If you do not want to use a complete set then pick the pieces of the default UI you dont like and change them.

Oh and whatever you decide to use, make sure you have Milquetowst Info Center included, that one is a must
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I didn't want to burden people by my asking for a long list of mods. To be accurate, I should have asked, "What mods do you guys find the most useful"?
Sorry for the confusion.
Best
How
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

If you are just piecing together, here is what files I would grab mods for;

Map
Group (with click to cure)
Player (with click to self cure/heal)
Target
Implied Target
StartButton (one with all the neat little do-dads)
Market window (if you plan to do a lot of selling on the market)
Milquetowst Info Center (add-on mod, has most of all info you'll need)

Most of the current mods do the same thing just look deferent and go about doing it differently. So just read the authors write up and look at the screen shot and decide what one looks and fits your needs and grab it.

When I first started using mods I would download most of the mods offered for what ever window I wanted to change and try them all out. Often I found that the write up/screen shot was misleading. Sometimes I thought the mod was better then the write up sometime I thought the write up was better then the mod. It really boils down to your personal taste.
Unread 07-05-2006, 01:32 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Talking Mods

To make things easier I made a UI that combines all the best mods out there. If there is a piece of the UI you don't like you can always delete that file from the UI folder and the game will load the default once again. I.e. if you don't like the numbers above the npcs which is part of the mod you would delete the eq2ui.proxyactor.xml file from the UI folder or if you don't want the inventory window delete the eq2ui.inventory.inventory.xml file. The UI I put together is a combo of all the best mods available including some I altered or made as well. It has the fetish maps too and the mapspoiler which is a new project. Fetish maps is better than the standard eq2maps because it allows you to minimize the map and also has a minimap too. Check it out here: SageUI
I definately reccommend Infocenter and the SageUI journal along with Fetish Maps (unfortunately this is not posted as a seperate mod so you will have to extract from SageUI or Fetish). The SageUI POI's are nice too (add-on to maps). If you do alot of tradeskilling then take a look at Zplayer Tradeskill Window . I would recommend a better group window too that allows you to click to cast to counter effects and also cast a heal spell (or ward-you can pick the spell you want to program it to cast). The SageUI grp window is nice for that: SageUI Grp Window .
A Player window that has click to cast is nice too. See this one for a nice one that also has alot of additional info available: Player Window .
All of these are part of the SageUI but if you want to piece something together then those are what I would reccommend starting with. I personally also like what Madbomber did with the bags too: Madbomber Bag Mod . This is not part of the SageUI as some people have problems with it but if it works for you then its a great mod. Some computers refresh too slow for it to work properly. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Sage