EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-25-2005, 02:40 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Permafrost
Default Valdacil's Journal

First I want to thank you for redoing the journal it's great that it matches and seems to have lots of great info!

Now for the "complaint" (Well not REALLY!)
I extracted it into my mod folder but None of the text is showing up!
The Labels are there, the tabs are there, yet when I click them there is NO information just a (pretty) blue box.

Please Help!?

Thank you!!
Unread 11-25-2005, 03:24 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

It sounds like the file structure isn't correct. The mod looks for the text files in a specific location and therefore the directory structure contained in the zip file MUST be extracted exactly for the mod to work correctly with the text. Be sure you have a valdacil_info directory in your modded UI directory and that it contains the .txt files in the same location as in the .zip file you downloaded.
Unread 11-25-2005, 04:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil
It sounds like the file structure isn't correct. The mod looks for the text files in a specific location and therefore the directory structure contained in the zip file MUST be extracted exactly for the mod to work correctly with the text. Be sure you have a valdacil_info directory in your modded UI directory and that it contains the .txt files in the same location as in the .zip file you downloaded.
Ok I didn't notice the Valdaci Folder in there when I extracted... I did see the bmps of the mod though. Can I safely remove these or are they required as well?

Just want to be sure.

Thanks!
Unread 11-25-2005, 05:11 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nope the JPG's are just screenshots of the mod. The required files are the .xml and the directory containing the .txt files.
Unread 11-25-2005, 05:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok good! thanks for the help! now I got it all in there right it's working fine!
Unread 11-30-2005, 05:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having a similar problem, but mine has to do with me modifying the xml. What I'm trying to do is add another tab to display another text file I added to the \valdacil_info\journal\quests directory. In the xml, I modified the following:

<DataSource Name="OtherTabSource">
<Data Name="Access" target="AccessPage" Text="Access"/>
<Data Name="Lore" target="LorePage" Text="Lore &amp; Legend"/>
<Data Name="Hunting" target="HuntingPage" Text="Hunting Guide"/>
</DataSource>

TO:
<DataSource Name="OtherTabSource">
<Data Name="Access" target="AccessPage" Text="Access"/>
<Data Name="Lore" target="LorePage" Text="Lore &amp; Legend"/>
<Data Name="Hunting" target="HuntingPage" Text="Hunting Guide"/>
<Data Name="Misc" target="MiscPage" Text="Misc"/>
</DataSource>

I then copied and pasted everything between the start hunting and end hunting tags, changing all the references from "Hunting" to "Misc". What I end up with is every tabpage showing no information. Also, the Lore and Legend tab shows the "&amp;" instead of just the "&". Was there something I missed that needs to be changed?

Thanks.
Unread 11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, I figured it out. What editor do you use to save your xml? I opened the xml using Textpad, but for some reason when I save the file, I don't think it's encoding it correctly -- I opened the original eq2ui_journal_quests.xml, then immediately went to Save As... and made sure Encoding was set to UTF-8; when I run EQ2, I have the problems I listed above.

I used Notepad to make the changes I described above and everything works fine. But I hate Notepad, and it was a pain in the rear trying to find out everything I needed to change since there was no formatting whatsoever. If someone uses Textpad to save xml files, can you clue me in on how to it to encode properly? Thanks.