EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-04-2005, 12:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena
Default A slight modification to the 3/4 size hotbars

Today I downloaded one of the great 3/4 size hotbar mods (sorry I forget who's, the newest one with labels and banks). I felt the default hotbar buttons are a little too big for my taste, even in 1600x1200, which is what I play in exclusively. However after installing the mod and loading the game, I felt that the 3/4 buttons were too small now

After rearranging my windows back to where I wanted them, I noticed that my buff window icons were about the right size - smaller than the default hotbar buttons, but larger and more easily distinguishable than the 3/4 mod.

Here's a screenshot of my hotbars next to my maintained buff window.
[IMG]http://home.***********/2004-12/223120/EQ%20II/smallhotbarcomparison.jpg[/IMG]

What I am requesting is that my hotbar buttons be the same size as my buff icons. I like having the labels there, don't like any dead space, and don't have a bank selectors preference one way or the other.
I have to play in 1600x1200 because I have a large monitor and it is the native resolution, anything else just looks fuzzy and wrong even if I wanted to boost my framerate or what have you. I have downloaded many "space saving" type mods that I've been pretty happy with, I'd just like this one tweaked a bit.

Thanks,
Unread 03-06-2005, 03:45 PM
A Griffon

*shameless bump*

Please? I just want the hotkey buttons the same size as my buff icons in 1600x1200
Unread 03-06-2005, 05:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

are your maintained spell icons the same size as default? Or another way to put it is, have you changed the UI for your maintained window?

that lets me know the size and I'll whip one up

-Selae
Unread 03-06-2005, 05:23 PM
A Griffon

Nope, the buff icons are just the default size in the default window.

Thank you for your response Selae.
Unread 03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Okay try this then

0 space in between the cells

original 36x36 sized hotkeys (guess I should have looked at the maintained spell window for exact size... let me know if you need them bigger hehe)

Left the bank in there for your scrolling pleasure

removed extra space... mostly... I left a 2 pixel space just on the edge to make it easier to navigate and adjust... also helps make it look a bit cleaner.

Let me know how it works for ya

-Selae
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (10.6 KB, 322 views)
Unread 03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
A Griffon

That works pretty well, thanks Selae

The hotkey buttons are actually a hair larger, two pixels or so all around, than the buff icons, but it's cool. It looks as if the empty hotkey button squares are the same size as the buff icons, but they're spaced apart, with the actual hotkey buttons fitting flush with each other on top of them.

Anyways, I appreciate your time in responding to my request. The UI community has always been my favorite EQ clan.