EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Odd little bag bug

I'm playing a beastlord. Using Profit, updated with all the latest from the patcher. I'm running into the following odd bug:

In my last bag (my bags are a 44-slot and 5 40-slots, and a 5-slot ammo pouch; the ammo pouch doesn't seem to affect any of this) if I attempt to right-click and use any item in the last 12 slots, it brings up my warder selection pop-up like I right-clicked on a summon warder spell. Because of this, I'm unable to right-click and use anything in that part of my bags. If I move it to another part of that bag, or another bag completely, it's fine. I swapped back to Default, and this bug does not occur.

I note that I have six hotbars up - the spinner number is 9, but it's bar number 5 that has all my warder summons on it. I changed the Hotbar number in the Hotbar Settings to 'None' and this bug still occurs. I changed that bar to spinner number 8 (with nothing on it) and no change.

Note: While writing this I thought of swapping my large bag into the 6th spot. Sure enough, it includes the extra 4 slots. I don't have another extra-large bag to put in my inventory to see if this bug 'spreads' as more inventory slots are added, or if it's just related to that last bag. I did stow one of my bags inside my bank, and it's still happening in the 6th bag slot. I moved the bag I was having issues with to the second bag slot and left #6 empty, and the problem doesn't move to the 5th bag.

It seems to be an issue with the bag spots in the 6th bag over a certain number. I don't know if that makes sense, or helps at all, but it seems to be what I'm experiencing.
Unread 12-17-2011, 08:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Thanks for the detailed report. I will check it out.

Silat
Unread 12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

After multiple attempts I cannot replicate the issue. Without being able to replicate it I will have a hard time troubleshooting.

Silat
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Had this happen to me again, and I believe it was similar to the first time. I had zoned into the Icy Keep and skinned the yeti. When I right-clicked to Use the skin, I got a pop-up of all my warders as though that hotbar was the popup. The skin was in the fourth row of the first bag. Moving the skin up to the third row or down to the bottom row made the issue go away. The hotbar that appeared was #5. I did not check every free slot in the bag.

I believe this is in the default UI because the first time happened in beta at a point where I was still using the default.
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I will continue to try to replicate it. Thanks for the additional info.

Silat
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
A Griffon

Yes. This is a bizarre one. I'm trying to determine a few factors: Does it happen only with certain objects? Does it happen only in certain zones? Does it happen only in certain bag positions? So far I am sure it's limited to certain bag positions and may therefore be tied to specific container-location IDs.

I'll try to remember to do a forum post about it.
Unread 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
A Griffon

Another thought..... In my cases, the problem seems to occur in those bag slots which display directly over the hotbar in question. Anyone else see that??

I did post in General Tech Support Questions at the EQ2 Forums. Can't wait to see how JoshuaM reacts to that one....
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My bags are more or less clear of other UI elements.

Wait a sec... let me test something...

Okay, the only elements that are 'under' the bag space affected is the Advantage pop-up (the paw), the misc. message pop-up (achievements, on-screen quest/zone/harvest spam) and Norbert (the streaming dragon). There's also the time and compass in that area, but not under the affected bag space.

Since I can't see the paw's window until I'm in combat, it won't be something I can test until later tonight (RL chores take me away for a bit) but I'll see if this is at all related and post back.

Last edited by MagarInc : 12-19-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Greivous grammatical errors
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:52 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for checking that. I figured it might be coincidence, but I'm trying to think of everything.
Unread 12-20-2011, 03:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, so I finally got around to checking it and no dice - the Weakness paw doesn't extend down to the bottom row of my last bag. I made sure to move it here there and everywhere, with no changes. Fact of the matter is I hardly even need the thing, I see the visual effect on my character for the advantage and then go for it rather than needing to see the big paw.

So no dice there, but it was a pretty good thought!
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:16 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for troubleshooting this guys. I can't seem to replicate it. If you can track it down I'm happy to try to fix it though.

Silat
Unread 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
A Griffon

We'll just have to keep poking around. The next time I replicate it, I will investigate it very carefully to see what I can find.

So far no comment on my post on EQ2 forums. I may repost in the Beastlord class forum to see if that gets a response. Otherwise I'll ask in guild chat. I've started playing on Antonia Bayle and have joined a major guild there. Next time there's a good crowd online, I'll ask. I'm running a Beastlord there as well as on The Bazaar, so I have more opportunities now.
Unread 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
We'll just have to keep poking around. The next time I replicate it, I will investigate it very carefully to see what I can find.

So far no comment on my post on EQ2 forums. I may repost in the Beastlord class forum to see if that gets a response. Otherwise I'll ask in guild chat. I've started playing on Antonia Bayle and have joined a major guild there. Next time there's a good crowd online, I'll ask. I'm running a Beastlord there as well as on The Bazaar, so I have more opportunities now.
Didn't want to be on Freeport I take it.

Silat
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
A Griffon

Actually, I started on AB because a good friend has her home base there and I wanted to be more in touch. I'll probably start more characters there, but my main crowd will stay on The Bazaar or Freeport or whatever they end up calling the merged server.

I'm reserving opinion on the result until after I've played there a while. I've gotten less anti-social in my old age and the scrawny population on The Bazaar was actually starting to get to me.
Unread 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

So... I fixed it. By accident.

I remembered that there were variants available for the bags, so I switched to the non-default variant. Started playing. Clicked an item in the bag affected - and it worked fine.

Swapped back, worked fine. I even checked all my other bags in the last few slots or first few slots. Somehow, loading the variant managed to kill the bug. So the only thing I can think of is that something wasn't interacting right with the GU for AoD and by changing the UI file (via variant) the interaction was reset.

Edit to add: Okay, so I just tried to work with some bag space I hadn't tested, now right-clicking on the first row of my first two bags interacts with my Beastlord Bar. The pop-up is on the bar itself, not at the bag location, but I can't use the 'optional titlebar' variant (the default) to change those bags to completely sellable/unsellable, adjust sizes, etc. Ah, one problem down, one new one up. I'm going to switch to the variant again to see what else happens.

Second edit: I swapped the BL bar from minimized to full and it appears all is well again, for the nonce.

Last edited by MagarInc : 12-21-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: New bug!
Unread 12-21-2011, 06:02 PM
A Griffon

I wonder if we're seeing some kind of odd click-through on bags sometimes...
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
A Griffon

OMFG. :-) From today's Test Patch Notes:

GENERAL
Fixed a bug where if an item icon was on top of a warder spell icon that right clicking the item would result in getting the warder flayout instead of the radial menu for the item.