EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default UI and SF. Help! :(

I'm trying to use

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...4582#cmnt15107

for my group window, but for some reason I can't get it to work post-SF. I've done what a previous poster did to get hers to work, which was to delete the default EQ2 batch file that was in the zipped file.. But it still won't work. I've unzipped the file correctly into my custom folder (UIADDONS) in my EQ2/UI area. My other addon works fine (it's an auto attack timer.)

Any suggestions? Would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

That hasn't been updated in a while, which may be the issue. They changed some aspects of the commands used for click-to-cure, and that window was most likely not updated to reflect that.

On the other hand, it may not be loading at all. Are you seeing the extra buttons and what not in game? If not, check and make sure that both your mods are in the same folder and that the group window file is just inside that (IE its directly in UI\UIAddons\ and not in a subfolder of that).
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've checked all that, made sure theres no subfolders and whatnot. Still not working. Maybe you're right, maybe it's just because it hasn't been updated. Well thanks for trying and for replying!

And no, no buttons or anything, like it's not loading at all. Must just be because it hasn't been updated? =\
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisail View Post
I've checked all that, made sure theres no subfolders and whatnot. Still not working. Maybe you're right, maybe it's just because it hasn't been updated. Well thanks for trying and for replying!

And no, no buttons or anything, like it's not loading at all. Must just be because it hasn't been updated? =\
Hmm, possible but usually if it's so broken that it won't work & would mess things up it doesn't load the custom UI at all. It may sound like a stupid idea, but have to tried resizing the window to make sure the buttons aren't there just cut off?
Unread 06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hrm

Well I tried resizing the window like you said and it's still not working. It's like the group section isn't even loading at all - the auto attack timer is still working good, though. I feel like I'm doing something wrong? =\

Just to be sure: eqII/UI/UIaddons is my custom folder. Inside my custom folder I unzipped http://www.eq2interface.com/download...magedirge.html and made sure that there were no folders inside of folders, etc etc. I also unzipped http://www.eq2interface.com/download...tackTimer.html into the same UIaddons folder and made sure again that there were no folders inside the actual UIaddons folder, just files.

Started EQ, grouped with friends in the same zone to test out the group window and it's not there - its the exact same as EQ default window. No extra buttons or anything, like that addon didn't load. I turn on my attack, though, and the auto attack timer works perfectly. So..? Whats going on?

Any ideas?
Unread 06-04-2010, 01:40 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Have you created a file called eq2.ini and added

cl_ui_subdir ui/
cl_ui_skinname UIAddon

to it?

This is required for any custom windows to be loaded over the default UI ones.
Unread 06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Heh

Yes, I've done that, hence why my Auto Attack Timer addon works.. Just can't figure out why the group window addon doesn't.
Unread 06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Inside the Everquest 2 root folder is a file callled ui.txt its created when the game client starts and keeps tracks of errors but isn't very reliable as I have seen errors when things work fine. Anyway open that file and see what errors are there.

Also I woulld suggest removing the group window and see if your default window shows up. It could be that its off screen. If thats not the case try another group winodw and see if that works.

One other question what are the file names in the UI/UIADDONS folder.

Last edited by Papabard : 06-04-2010 at 10:34 AM.