EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-12-2005, 04:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Default Ingame clock with several different timezones

Would it be possible to make an ingame clock with several timezones showing,
or an easy way to switch between different timezones. I'm in a guild that's spread over the world, and easy access to several zones would make things easier.
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Game time is driven by your machine clock. I don't think we can do math on the time since it includes non-numerical characters. Even if we can do math on it, you'd need to hover over or click to update those times that differ from yours.
Unread 05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Game time is driven by your machine clock. I don't think we can do math on the time since it includes non-numerical characters. Even if we can do math on it, you'd need to hover over or click to update those times that differ from yours.
I don't know how the XML system treats dates. But most environments treat dates as a serial number that you can do math on fairly easily. The extra characters only show up when displaying and are more of a mask.

That being said it should be easy enough to make a map mod for your local time zone with at least some conversion info. Something like

EARTH TIME 6:34 PM EST PST -3H CST -2H

I would be interested in using a fully functional mod like the original poster was asking for if it were possible.
Unread 05-13-2005, 03:03 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianthar
I don't know how the XML system treats dates. But most environments treat dates as a serial number that you can do math on fairly easily. The extra characters only show up when displaying and are more of a mask.
That being said... XML is not a scripting language. It is a Markup Language. You can not do math and calculations in ML languages, ML languages are used just to display.
Unread 05-13-2005, 05:53 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

The XML layer recieves time as preformated text. It is NOT a number when it reaches the XML layer, though I'm sure its a number on the way into the client.

As Jaxel pointed out, this isn't a typical scripting environment, its a markup environment with some scripting capabilities added. Data first passes through the client layer where its often converted to text strings with various hardcoded input masks. Then the XML layer gets passed the formated strings.

Since the string includes non-numerical characters, we can't just convert it back to a number. We also don't have any way to remove the non-numerical characters.